There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-18-2022, 02:20 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Here as a follow up to my post I will share a re-post from the Timbavati Group.  As you will see from the text.   It remains disputed.  

That article is from 2015, it is irrelevant who mated with who, as Avoca girls prob mated with all 3 parties, but based of looks now, Avoca/Giraffes sired them. 

In fact, that White Faced Avoca/Giraffe from article, is their father, as they are littermates :

*This image is copyright of its original author

I posted here even better photo of white faced male compared to Xikukutsu's, where they look indentical, especially to smaller maned Xikukutsu's, but wont search it now.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-18-2022, 02:49 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 02:20 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Here as a follow up to my post I will share a re-post from the Timbavati Group.  As you will see from the text.   It remains disputed.  

That article is from 2015, it is irrelevant who mated with who, as Avoca girls prob mated with all 3 parties, but based of looks now, Avoca/Giraffes sired them. 

In fact, that White Faced Avoca/Giraffe from article, is their father, as they are littermates :

I posted here even better photo of white faced male compared to Xikukutsu's, where they look indentical, especially to smaller maned Xikukutsu's, but wont search it now.

I’m not arguing who is right.   I am simply saying that it’s disputed .   

Same convictions you have about this, others do as well regarding the Ross.   I actually know more people that believe they’re from the Ross than OAGs.   

But Again, I’m not making a debate.   I’m sharing how it’s been one.   Same as the situation with Red Road.  Many believe OAG many other Skorro.   

I think theses things tend to crop up every couple of months :)
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2022, 05:39 AM by Mdz123 )

(10-18-2022, 01:14 AM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-18-2022, 12:35 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(10-17-2022, 11:46 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Not only that they are also continuing the legacy of the Avoca/Giraffe, who have the strongest bloodline in Kruger, 5 Avocas, Xikukutsus, 4/7 Birmingham breakways, 1/2 Mongawane, etc. Only Matimbas can match their bloodline strength
Also xikukutsu are Ross male sons, 3/7 ( including the oldest thathat is not in good shape) are old avoca/ giraffe male sons, as far as know, the older mongwane ( limping one) is sired by BDM and younger moangwane is sired by trilogy males ( father of Hercules male).

I think you have the names a bit mixed up.   Mongawane Males are Birmingham Male (aka Osindile) sired by Old Avoca/Girrafe and Torchwood Male sired by Birminghams

There is still dispute as to how many of the 7 Birmingham Breakaways were actually sired by Od Avoca/Girrafe vs The Ross.   I have asked many and there isn’t a consensus or definitive evidence.  At LEAST three is a safe statement but there could be more.  

Xikukutzu are also in dispute.   I’ve seen sone say Ross.  Some say Trilogy.  No consensus that I know of. 

The limping male sired by the BDM is Monwana Male now in coalition w Girrafe YM and yes sired by Trilogy

Im pretty sure the BYM and 4 of the 7 Birmingham breakaway are sired by OAG males. The other 3 were sired by Ross males. Im pretty sure they were born around the time the Ross took over, but judging by their age, I believe 4 oldest ones are from OAG and 3 younger ones are from Ross
4 users Like Mdz123's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Fantastic to see this:

10 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-19-2022, 10:24 PM)lionuk Wrote: Fantastic to see this:

The story continues to improve slot but surely.  This is awesome.
7 users Like criollo2mil's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Ohhh.. 
Thats subadult is nkuhuma jr son. 
Isn't it?
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-20-2022, 06:48 AM)DARK MANE Wrote:

Ohhh.. 
Thats subadult is nkuhuma jr son. 
Isn't it?

Yes.  That’s the Orpen Son.  He also has a sister :).   They look great.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Australia Horizon Offline

8 users Like Horizon's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

“Lambile of the Mbiris enjoying the rain and cooler weather.“

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

1ofCourage Offline

(10-29-2022, 06:44 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: “Lambile of the Mbiris enjoying the rain and cooler weather.“

He sure does look like Skorro Jr. just blonder.
7 users Like 1ofCourage's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Solos mother with the young orpen sub-adult lioness

9 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Concerning Report regarding Ncila:

Tintswalo male; Ncile 
To be in the first place in the dominance, and then lose it completely is a pity and this is what is happening now with the one who was once the main dominant male in the Tintswalo Alliance of three males, he lost his position after he was exposed to a bad snare that hit his mouth and almost killed him, but he was rescued before several months ago, he recovered, but lost his position, and also lost his control of his brothers and his pride, usually they are aggressive against him. He was seen yesterday in Kruger alone.

Kruger National Park, South Africa ??
Photographer Credit:-Moyamorang

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 12:42 AM by Tr1x24 )

(11-01-2022, 12:18 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Concerning Report regarding Ncila:

Tintswalo male; Ncile 
To be in the first place in the dominance, and then lose it completely is a pity and this is what is happening now with the one who was once the main dominant male in the Tintswalo Alliance of three males, he lost his position after he was exposed to a bad snare that hit his mouth and almost killed him, but he was rescued before several months ago, he recovered, but lost his position, and also lost his control of his brothers and his pride, usually they are aggressive against him. He was seen yesterday in Kruger alone.

Well, if thats the case, that they still act agressive and beat him when he gets closer or deny him access to food, then its better for him to be on his own.

But more recent reports said that they are starting to accept him, so i dont think he will completly abandon them.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post