There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Junior of the Orpen males
Image by: Everseensa

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-04-2020, 07:01 AM)Gijima Wrote: Makes sense. Also won’t the Old avocas have chased away the Birmingham Boys in 2013 if they took over then? It seems like the pride really didn’t have any dominant males and the Bboys + sisters just left on their own in mid 2014, so that timeline definitely makes sense

Yes, there wasnt any rumor/report of clash between Avoca/Giraffes and Bboys..

Also what a legacy Skorro left behind, all his life he was surounded by big coalitions, Avoca/Giraffes, Matimbas and Skybeds, young nomads like Bboys and N. Avocas passing thru his territory, and he was still dominant almost all his life besides small period in 2015 when prob Avoca/Giraffes chased him and then he find Sizanani, and period in early 2018, after death of Sizanani and clash with N. Avocas when he left in Mluwati Concession in mid 2018.. Then nothing from him for over a year and then he showed up in Buffelshoek on a buffalo kill (i cant find a picture of that) and sighting of him in October 2019 with a pride around Imbali :

He is one of the most succesfull lions in this part of Kruger, a real legend.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Mbiri pride - There are four young lionesses in Mbiri pride, so there are six females in this pride
Images by: Tintswalo Safari Lodge

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Skorro the Thanda Impi male on a buffalo kill at Manyeleti Game Reserve
Images by: Rdelavy
Images date back from: December 2019

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

I find another evidence that Avoca/Giraffes where not dominant of Birmingham pride before 2015, report of Giraffe males from July 2015:

It says that they are pride males of Avoca pride (they didnt mentioned Birmingham pride) and that they just recently are pushing further into Ngala, which fits perfectly into timeline as their offspring in Birmingham pride was born in mid 2016..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-04-2020, 06:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I find another evidence that Avoca/Giraffes where not dominant of Birmingham pride before 2015, report of Giraffe males from July 2015:

It says that they are pride males of Avoca pride (they didnt mentioned Birmingham pride) and that they just recently are pushing further into Ngala, which fits perfectly into timeline as their offspring in Birmingham pride was born in mid 2016..

Where does that raport came from? Did Ngala make some wildlife raports back then?
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-04-2020, 09:00 PM)Potato Wrote: Where does that raport came from? Did Ngala make some wildlife raports back then?

It was report under a photo of Avoca/Giraffes from 2015, i dont know original source of the report and who made it..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]Skorro breakaway in the Northern Manyeleti[/color]

[color=var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]

[/color]
5 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Scorro Breakeaway and Mbiri pride with young males:

2 Orpen males sons:

Older is born in first litter in early 2018, while younger is  few months younger..

He also said that Scorro pride and Hercules/Sumatra hasn't been seen for quite some time now in northern parts, they said that 2 older Mbiris can be seen in past weeks there..which is another hint what we speculate that they chased Hercules/Sumatra away..
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-04-2020, 09:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 09:00 PM)Potato Wrote: Where does that raport came from? Did Ngala make some wildlife raports back then?

It was report under a photo of Avoca/Giraffes from 2015, i dont know original source of the report and who made it..

This report comes from the Mapogo lion page. I don't know how trustworthy are those guys, Anyway all this effort is very appreciated by we
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-05-2020, 02:16 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: This report comes from the Mapogo lion page. I don't know how trustworthy are those guys, Anyway all this effort is very appreciated by we

Report was from June 2015, that page didnt made it themselves, they just copyed it from somewhere, maybe the author of photo made it.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mohawk4 Offline

(11-05-2020, 12:29 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Scorro Breakeaway and Mbiri pride with young males:

2 Orpen males sons:

Older is born in first litter in early 2018, while younger is  few months younger..

He also said that Scorro pride and Hercules/Sumatra hasn't been seen for quite some time now in northern parts, they said that 2 older Mbiris can be seen in past weeks there..which is another hint what we speculate that they chased Hercules/Sumatra away..
One of the best Mohawks i ve seen in a lion....They are very young esp the mohawk lion...I hope we can see them as pride males one day...
2 users Like Mohawk4's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-05-2020, 02:37 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-05-2020, 02:16 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: This report comes from the Mapogo lion page. I don't know how trustworthy are those guys, Anyway all this effort is very appreciated by we

Report was from June 2015, that page didnt made it themselves, they just copyed it from somewhere, maybe the author of photo made it.

Then 

They took that information from the Avoca / Giraffe page or another lion page. that later that information has been denied by a lot of guys with good reputation in the lion world. One of them If I not mistaken was Ziggi Hugo

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-05-2020, 11:04 AM by Tr1x24 )

(11-05-2020, 05:11 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Then 

They took that information from the Avoca / Giraffe page or another lion page. that later that information has been denied by a lot of guys with good reputation in the lion world. One of them If I not mistaken was Ziggi Hugo

What information denied?
Theres nothing wrong in that report..

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the massive and beautiful Orpen males (Junior of the Nkuhuma pride)
Image by: Pierre Jonqueres