There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-31-2015, 11:25 AM by sanjay )

son of Kankatta nov 2014

7 users Like Rage2277's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

One of the biggest I saw in Central India. Compact, bulky and muscular, yet quite long. A tiger with good manners as well. He's very aware of the cars and politely asks for a bit more room without pressing his case. Body language in action.

I know they paid to see wild tigers at close range, but I think they're overdoing it. Tigers, and males in particular, are elusive animals. When they show themselves, they do it at their terms. I think people should respect that. Just go to a part of the park where they're sure to show up at some stage. If you press your case, chances are things could go wrong. One day, they'll meet a tiger like T42. Good find, Rage.
2 users Like peter's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

I couldn't have said it any better, that male looks enormous.. Tfs [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Wanderfalke Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

That´s funny how different people perceive. My impression was, that this male looks rather tall. Length wise, I´d the impression of a bit above than average and in terms of body composition, I see a tiger with no empty belly but also not a gorged one. So basicaly right in the middle regarding his body composition. So, tall, bit longer than usual and average body composition. At the end a big male, not enormous or huge but still big when put on a scale. Though the impression on his body composition could be a result of his above average height and length.   
1 user Likes Wanderfalke's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-31-2015, 05:08 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote: son of Kankatta nov 2014

Massive male with a huge forelimb section, What a tall fellow. Skinnier than some but nothing one big feeding couldn't take care of. He is a beast, thats for sure.

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Nice doc on tigers showing Machali, B2, Chakradara female, Lakshmi, Durga and many more.
It was an old doc taken in March 2004.

4 users Like Apollo's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Look at this new video, specially the loud roaring sound. Thrilling.

7 users Like sanjay's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

I posted the video with a write up from the guy who filmed it. Apparently this sub adult has a reputation of doing this already, he should make for an interesting follow for the years to come.
TFS Sanjay

France Dithoo Offline
Wildlife Photographer

One  of my video on Noor T39 from Ranthambore.

5 users Like Dithoo's post

France Dithoo Offline
Wildlife Photographer

Sorry, I have post a video of a female.
Also, now this is a male, the famous Bamera. 

6 users Like Dithoo's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 10:39 AM by tigerluver )

Excellent footage Dithoo, the resolution is amazing. Welcome to the forum!
1 user Likes tigerluver's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Hello @Dithoo , Welcome to the forum. I have seen your website and vimeo channel, I must agree, you are one of the successful wildlife photographer and it seems that you have excellent collection of photos and videos. Very please to have you here.

Below is the link of Dithoo (Pierre Cheron) website and vimeo channel
http://www.tigresetnature.fr/
http://vimeo.com/pierrecheron
1 user Likes sanjay's post

France Dithoo Offline
Wildlife Photographer
( This post was last modified: 02-04-2015, 03:06 PM by Dithoo )

'tigerluver dateline='' Wrote: Excellent footage Dithoo, the resolution is amazing. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks you tigerluver and sanjay.

Tigers  is my passion. Now is one birthday for me. 10 years that I follow tigers in India during 3 months each year. I have seen 178 different wild tigers and in approximately 100 sightings each year. 

Take video of wild tigers is difficult because move in small jeep. And I shoot stills in same time with differents dsrl bodies.

Also I appreciate you like my movies. And me, I like very much this forum-site. Some members are very passionate with tigers. ...As me...

On the ground, Bandhavgarh is very bad after a gold period (10/15 years). Tadoba and Ranthambore are the best parks for the sightings. But the future for the survival of tigers is in the western ghats and Terai Arc. Tigers have space. Green cover with possibility of connectings. But I constate an increase of deaths. I hope is not the return of the bad age of poaching in south. Remember the past.

6 users Like Dithoo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-04-2015, 03:04 PM)'Dithoo' Wrote:
'tigerluver dateline='' Wrote: Excellent footage Dithoo, the resolution is amazing. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks you tigerluver and sanjay.

Tigers  is my passion. Now is one birthday for me. 10 years that I follow tigers in India during 3 months each year. I have seen 178 different wild tigers and in approximately 100 sightings each year. 

Take video of wild tigers is difficult because move in small jeep. And I shoot stills in same time with differents dsrl bodies.

Also I appreciate you like my movies. And me, I like very much this forum-site. Some members are very passionate with tigers. ...As me...

On the ground, Bandhavgarh is very bad after a gold period (10/15 years). Tadoba and Ranthambore are the best parks for the sightings. But the future for the survival of tigers is in the western ghats and Terai Arc. Tigers have space. Green cover with possibility of connectings. But I constate an increase of deaths. I hope is not the return of the bad age of poaching in south. Remember the past.

Welcome Dithoo.

I have to ask, have you seen Terai Arc tigers in person?
We have just recently been shown some amazing photos of them, and in pictures they seem to be absolutely massive. I was wondering how they compare to others you had seen?
Thanks for taking the time.

France Dithoo Offline
Wildlife Photographer
( This post was last modified: 02-05-2015, 01:47 AM by Dithoo )

Hi Pckts,

Last time I was in Terai, in Dudhwa and Kisanpur.
I have seen 2 tigers. 
One male, but far, and the grass was high, because at the end of winter in Terai.
Second was a female, probably 8/9 years old. She charge my jeep and stop at 1 meter. It was a long story. Funny of story was my driver 18 years old, first to work as driver and first sighting of tiger. He was blocked by the fear. After the safari, he stop this job...

I was going 4 times in Corbett, 1 in Kaziranga, 1 in Manas, 1 in Nameri,...
In Corbett I had seen several tigers, many are shy, but for these tigers, no are very big as on "your" pictures.
On all my sightings in India, bigger are Shivajy and Bamera.
My last trip in India was in November 2014. I find Ustad T24 very big, with stomac full. 

In my library on tigers I Have seen a very, very big tiger in an old book of Fateh Singh Rathore. Just one photo without note or name. In my memory this tiger was like "your" Kaziranga tiger. 

Sorry to search this, because I have many books, but if I find, I can scan and post to you. 

I add for this tiger, It seem like a zoo tiger, fat and not handsome. A body very massive, not a beautiful face. It was in Ranthambore. It was not the famous Genghis.
I think in the future, T72 Sultan, will be a big boss. He charge my jeep in December. He is aggressive with jeep. It is a nice tiger as my favorite Ustad.

4 users Like Dithoo's post