There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

United States Go131810 Offline

(10-14-2024, 06:41 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(10-14-2024, 03:49 AM)Go131810 Wrote: Where is the other Kambula male lion?
Im not sure how could i answer such question since i didn't take the pictures and wasn't there. But based on my knowledge and vision towards K1, he appears to be a more cautious / shy male, usually avoiding vehicles or atleast just hanging on his own a bit away from roads.

Ok. It seems it always these two male lions together. Glad to seem them. I was wondering how they were doing.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Still mating with Nluhuma:

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

a little lazy but got there! K3 had his turn
6 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2024, 09:24 PM by Ngonya Edit Reason: K5 alone )

The 3 Kambula males with a Nkuhuma female. While they busy mating with her, K5 is not with Tiyelele anymore, he is alone in WE.
K4 & K6 with Nkuhuma

K3 - K6 - K4

*This image is copyright of its original author

K3

by Shelby Rosen Guzman
5 users Like Ngonya's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-15-2024, 06:35 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The 3 Kambula males with a Nkuhuma female

Anyone know which female is this? Daughter of Amber Eyes?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Very smart of her to mate with all of them, hope K5 returns and mate as well so all 4 can accept the cubs.

It also seems that the other Kambulas are reaching the time where their manes fully develops.

Hopefully this time they stick around, claim the area and prides, and protect the future cubs.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

Interesting that there wasn't any aggression between the boys in any of the clips. Looked like they were all tired out from the mating.

@Mapokser I agree, I hope the Kambulas bring some much needed stability to this pride.
3 users Like NLAL11's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

The 2 Older Kambula males and their partner at Pretoriuskop in a buffalo kill 
K2 - K1

K1

K1 - K2