There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Go131810 Offline

(09-16-2024, 10:47 PM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(09-16-2024, 10:04 PM)Ngonya Wrote: 4 Kambula boys by Arathusa 

*This image is copyright of its original author

by guide Roy

In the first photo K4 looks more like Dark Mane Majingilane and K3 looks more like Nhena.

Yes I can see it. I have noticed as they grow they look a bit more like Nehena and the Birmingham’s male lions, but yes there is no denying the Magingilanes. It is strange that Male lion K4 does have a strong look to the Magingilane specifically dark mane, but I can see a little bit of Rasta Mapogos but yes I see Dark mane all in his face features. The one standing looks a bit like Kinky tail.
2 users Like Go131810's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2024, 02:23 AM by Ngonya )

I personally see resemblance with K3 and Majingilane

also some old pictures of Kinky Tail Mapogo where i think he looks similar with K5

by Geoffrey Veenendaal
5 users Like Ngonya's post

Go131810 Offline

(09-17-2024, 02:21 AM)UNgonya Wrote: I personally see resemblance with K3 and Majingilane

also some old pictures of Kinky Tail Mapogo where i think he looks similar with K5

by Geoffrey Veenendaal

Yes the one that looks like Dark mane I notice his eyes and maybe his mane looks similar. It reminds me how the Othow male lion from the Othowa pride looked like Rasta and the Magingilane. Here I think he is also a bit related to Rasta, but Dark mane is who he looks like maybe even way more than the Birmingham’s male lions.
2 users Like Go131810's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

@Ngonya I think it really depends on the angle, and the facial expression to a certain degree. Which is why they can bare a resemblance to multiple different males/lions. To me it changes from photo to photo.
4 users Like NLAL11's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

K3 definitely looks Majingilane, in some photos he almost looks like a clone of them.

K4 often also looks a lot like a blonder, bigger-maned DM Majingilane, the resemblance is uncanny.

As for Kinky Tail and K5, while in some pictures I can see something, and I've seen people make this comparison, I think it's just coincidence rather than anything else, K5's "weird" face must have come from his Birmingham lineage, there's that photo of young Nsuku where he looks a lot like K5.
5 users Like Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline

The 4 Kambula males on sunset drive Djuma wildearth
one of the males looks like he’s got a few bite marks on his side and is limping slightly. 
K3, with the bite marks

K4

3 users Like Ngonya's post