There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-02-2024, 01:02 AM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 11:01 PM)Ngonya Wrote:

That clip of K5, K4 and Red Road still makes me sad for K5. Poor boy. He's a tough one that's for sure.

I agree, it was difficult to watch when it first came out, and remains that way today, especially when you realize that most of the damage he suffered, including what looks to be a lasting injury involving his tail, was done by his own brother, by mistake. However, if I'm to be fully honest, for me, it would have been even sadder if RRM had been the one receiving that beating. I would never wish harm on any lion, though we all know how unrealistic that is. But, The Kambulas are young, and will hopefully, all, enjoy long and fruitful lives. If RRM were to lose, and survive, that would likely be it for him. I don't see any nearby prides for the taking, for a single male, and with his age, such a battle would likely be his swan song.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Poland NLAL11 Offline

(09-02-2024, 01:58 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-02-2024, 01:02 AM)NLAL11 Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 11:01 PM)Ngonya Wrote:

That clip of K5, K4 and Red Road still makes me sad for K5. Poor boy. He's a tough one that's for sure.

I agree, it was difficult to watch when it first came out, and remains that way today, especially when you realize that most of the damage he suffered, including what looks to be a lasting injury involving his tail, was done by his own brother, by mistake. However, if I'm to be fully honest, for me, it would have been even sadder if RRM had been the one receiving that beating. I would never wish harm on any lion, though we all know how unrealistic that is. But, The Kambulas are young, and will hopefully, all, enjoy long and fruitful lives. If RRM were to lose, and survive, that would likely be it for him. I don't see any nearby prides for the taking, for a single male, and with his age, such a battle would likely be his swan song.

It would also have been sad to see something happen to Red Road, that would have been very difficult to watch. That's the inevitability of following (and becoming attached to) these lions, sooner or later different lions you're fond of will clash.

But, I have to disagree here. He's done his time, his offspring are on the verge of adulthood, new males coming in is the normal cycle of things. His legacy is secure with his 5 daughters (it's unfortunate more of his sons didn't make it). Any new cubs he has with the Nharhu pride will have a very low chance of survival as RR is unlikely to be around to see them to adulthood, though it's not impossible, and if any male can do that it's RR. There's also the possibility that he mates with some of his daughters.

But what happened has happened. We'll have to wait and see what comes next. With Red Road, it's likely we're watching a lion legend in the making. And the Kambulas are now part of that story.
5 users Like NLAL11's post

Ngonya Offline

Kambula boys August 24
K3 and K4

*This image is copyright of its original author

by Karen Corp
10 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2024, 09:17 PM by Ngonya )

Kambula males K3 ans K6 in a carcass at Sabi Sands (location not specified) 

by Michelle Park Senyard

ik theres alot of angle involved but check how small K6 looks next to his brother at the first picture
4 users Like Ngonya's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2024, 10:27 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-03-2024, 09:16 PM)Ngonya Wrote: ik theres alot of angle involved but check how small K6 looks next to his brother at the first picture

He is further back, in distance.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline

(09-03-2024, 10:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: He is further back, in distance.
ok.
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-04-2024, 04:10 PM by Ngonya )

Kambula male K6 mating with a lioness

8 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-04-2024, 11:04 PM by Mapokser )

I think he is the one who is sighted mating the most after K4.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline

Kambula male K6 still with an Imbali lioness
The dark maned boy really is the ladies man
8 users Like Ngonya's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-06-2024, 07:05 PM by Mdz123 )

Have the young Kambulas went north into Manyeleti and taken over the Imbali pride? What happened to their sister? I haven't been following lion dynmaics much lately.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-06-2024, 07:05 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Have the young Kambulas went north into Manyeleti and taken over the Imbali pride? What happened to their sister? I haven't been following lion dynmaics much lately.

They are in northern Sabi Sands/southern Manyeleti, mating with Imbalis.

Sister abandoned them, and now is with Styx young male.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-07-2024, 09:42 AM by Ngonya )

The four Kambula males reunited

by Aaron Verdes
7 users Like Ngonya's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-07-2024, 09:37 AM)Ngonya Wrote: The four Kambula males reunited

Where are they exactly now?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Mwk85 Offline

(09-07-2024, 11:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-07-2024, 09:37 AM)Ngonya Wrote: The four Kambula males reunited

Where are they exactly now?

Saw a geo tag for Manyeleti in a shared post and the credited individual tagged honeyguidecamps in another one.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

Ngonya Offline

(09-07-2024, 11:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Where are they exactly now?
Khoka Moya, Manyeleti.
1 user Likes Ngonya's post