There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-14-2024, 07:01 PM)Ngonya Wrote: is it just me or all brothers lost mane except for him? 

Most males currently have shorter manes, but winter days are coming, it will be growing back towards end of the year.

(07-14-2024, 07:01 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The north is PCM territory, and theres no chill with them. 

Its not, PCMs territory is only EP, Arathusa and Simbambili, so southeast.

Ngonya Offline

(07-14-2024, 07:22 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Most males currently have shorter manes, but winter days are coming, it will be growing back towards end of the year.
Makes sense, thanks.

(07-14-2024, 07:22 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Its not, PCMs territory is only EP, Arathusa and Simbambili, so southeast.
well but the main pride that atleast used to roam that area was Nkuhuma, that now is under control of the Plains Camp males. Kambulas barely have any chance against them, unless they have a sudden complete change of behavior (which could happen if they start mating)
1 user Likes Ngonya's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

None of the males greeted their sister despite her being away for at best over a week and one even showed some aggression.

Even though she has been with them for her entire life, she's still a female and therefore doesn't have the same sort of bond that lions build with members of the same gender.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

It looked like her actual brother saved her k6
3 users Like Ttimemarti's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-14-2024, 08:02 PM)Mapokser Wrote: None of the males greeted their sister despite her being away for at best over a week and one even showed some aggression.

Even though she has been with them for her entire life, she's still a female and therefore doesn't have the same sort of bond that lions build with members of the same gender.

Hi I would like to understand what is going on. I thought she was with the Talamatie lioness? Is the Birmingham daughter back with the 4 Kambula male lions? I am thinking about all 5 of their relationship. There is 3 of them who are brothers K3, K4, and K5; their bond is strong. I wonder if their bond is strong. I think about K6, and I think all 4 Kambula male lions have a bond as male lions. I think K6 and her sister have a bond. I was thinking if K4 might be considered the one leading maybe the other 4 Kambula male lions have a bond. when K4 was with the Nukhuma lionesses he was on his own and not with his brothers? I also remember the Mapogos the twins pretty boy and Rasta I think had a strong bond, but I think in the beginning it was Makulu and Pretty Boy were the two dominant ones; then Rasta then Dreadlocks had a bond but i think their bonds is strong as they became dominant. I think K6 is around because of her brother. I wonder what happened that she spend time with the Talamatie lioness. The Kambula male lions interest must be lioneses and maybe they are getting aggressive for food as they grow big and stronger and she is not interested in competing.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-14-2024, 08:02 PM)Mapokser Wrote: None of the males greeted their sister despite her being away for at best over a week and one even showed some aggression.

Well, theres a reason why young males and females from same pride eventualy split even on their own (in most cases).

Males when reach sexual maturity will see her as potential mate, and not as their sister (all 3 males where sniffing around her and K4 even flehmen grimacing).

She is obiviously not in estrus and even if she where, she doesnt really want to mate with them (again, in most cases), so theres a conflict.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

And that’s why k3 was aggressive towards her but k6 came to save the day
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-16-2024, 06:01 PM by criollo2mil )

Reports early this morning that the North Kambulas have chased Kruger Male and are w a few Imbali females.   Hope to see footage soon

I have footage of Kruger male but not of the K4s

More to follow soon I hope.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-16-2024, 06:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Reports early this morning that the North Kambulas have chased Kruger Male and are w a few Imbali females.   Hope to see footage soon

I have footage of Kruger male but not of the K4s

More to follow soon I hope.

I was wondering when will this happen, as both parties are around the same areas for months now.

Its bad situation for Kruger male, but on the other side, 4 Imbali Breakaways would be good fit for Kambulas in the northern SS/southern Manyeleti.

They dont have cubs either atm (they lost it), so no collateral damage. Kruger male is well over 10 yrs old (presumed to be born 2013), so even if he sire new offspring, its hard to imagen that as ageing lone male, he could last long enough to secure them independece (atleast 2 more years).

So if takeover needs to happen, its good time, before cubs/subs are alive.

Imbalis also share no related blood with Kambulas (unlike NKs, Nharus and even Torchwoods).
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Perfect time for the sister to rejoin Tiyelele and form a pride with her.

I'm interested to see how the Kambulas will behave once they become fully territorial and being in their prime, if they'll still be pushed over by strong duos or will eventually expand and do whatever they want, not minding any duos south of them ( though it'd be easier to expand north and take over Nharu and Mbiri prides ).

Their fathers were stronger than them but still while in their prime and fully dominant they were easily defeated by very old Majingilanes even when outnumbering them and in Birmingham territory, so my guess is that the Kambulas might never become a big threat to PCM, Ndhzengas and possibly Mantimahles, but we'll see.

Go131810 Offline

(07-16-2024, 08:26 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Perfect time for the sister to rejoin Tiyelele and form a pride with her.

I'm interested to see how the Kambulas will behave once they become fully territorial and being in their prime, if they'll still be pushed over by strong duos or will eventually expand and do whatever they want, not minding any duos south of them ( though it'd be easier to expand north and take over Nharu and Mbiri prides ).

Their fathers were stronger than them but still while in their prime and fully dominant they were easily defeated by very old Majingilanes even when outnumbering them and in Birmingham territory, so my guess is that the Kambulas might never become a big threat to PCM, Ndhzengas and possibly Mantimahles, but we'll see.

I am not sure that happened? The Birmingham male lions met when they were already with other lionesses?

Ttimemarti Offline

I think they just needed to get their sister away from them you see how they acted when she was away for what a week and now they’ve chased the Kruger male it’s only a matter of time before they become 100% confident then they will be a huge problem potentially
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Ngonya Offline

(07-16-2024, 09:38 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: I think they just needed to get their sister away from them you see how they acted when she was away for what a week and now they’ve chased the Kruger male it’s only a matter of time before they become 100% confident then they will be a huge problem potentially
I understand she definitly has influence on their behavior.
But lets be real.

Those are three six years old males (almost there) and one five. Putting most of the blame for their lack of confidence in their younger sister is just ridiculous at this point. 

Good to remember brothers and sister split, but they quickly came back and all reunited, im not sure if she went for them or otherwise, no matter what, its not all her fault like a lot of people are making it look like, she do have to go, but their behavior is mostly their own.

When atleast one or two brothers besides K4 starts mating, their confidence will grow, hopefully this will happen soon now that they were seen with females from Imbali pride.

Kruger Male did a good job, hes old and definitly wont be able to up a challenge... 1vs4, thats tuff... Well but seems like the only way Kambulas can take over (into Sabi Sand), and if they somehow manage not to, well that would be intriguing to say the least.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

A few weeks is not much in the grand scheme of life. 

Its probably more the change in scenery that is doing them good. Or rather once they gotten more accustomed to their new roaming grounds.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-17-2024, 02:27 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-16-2024, 08:26 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Their fathers were stronger than them but still while in their prime and fully dominant they were easily defeated by very old Majingilanes even when outnumbering them and in Birmingham territory, so my guess is that the Kambulas might never become a big threat to PCM, Ndhzengas and possibly Mantimahles, but we'll see.

You cant compare like that, it doesnt work like that.

Also when did old Majingilanes beat prime Bboys in Bboys territory?