There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu males

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Mantimahle are in Nkorho at a kill too.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

(09-21-2024, 08:28 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Mantimahle are in Nkorho at a kill too.
And so is Tiyelele. 

Lets see how that develops or hopefully them all just dont meet
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

(09-20-2024, 12:05 AM)Ngonya Wrote: The 4 Kambula males on sunset drive Djuma wildearth
one of the males looks like he’s got a few bite marks on his side and is limping slightly. 
K3, with the bite marks
WildEarth SafariLIVE Sunset 19 September 2024
Here we see all four brothers and K3 with some bruises, looks like a small altercation with other males to me
K5 moves off in the beginning, K6 gets up and greets K4 then leave
K4 leaves eventually and K3 is left behind for a bit

2 users Like Ngonya's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

The K4s, on a buffalo kill at Nkhoro Bush Lodge -

2 users Like BA0701's post

Fenix123 Offline

Kambula Male was seen Mating with an Imbali lioness

Credits to gmitchley_wildlifephotographer

2 users Like Fenix123's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

Kambula males at Chitwa Chitwa last week
K5 & K4 (another brother in the back)

*This image is copyright of its original author

by Greg

K5's mane is looking fairly impressive during this past few weeks
6 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-02-2024, 12:48 AM by Ngonya )

2 Kambula males at Khoka Moya Manyelethi
K5 & K6

The impressive dark maned boy, K6

K5, looking as impressive

by Vestment Mfumo
6 users Like Ngonya's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-04-2024, 07:40 PM by Ngonya )

Kambula male K6 mating with a said to be (comments of the post) Nkuhuma female, Simbambili area
4 users Like Ngonya's post

Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Kambulas would be better for NKs than PCM.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

(10-04-2024, 09:14 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Kambulas would be better for NKs than PCM.
Mantimahles could be better than both (IMO).

I've seen quite a few recent sightings of the Mantimahle males at Manyeleti. Idk how usual that is for them to be there but i saw in a post they were with a lioness, could it be Imbali pride? perhaps another? Maybe one of the lionesses under their control that we just dont have much info about
4 users Like Ngonya's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-04-2024, 09:14 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Kambulas would be better for NKs than PCM.
Considering that they are clearly unable to keep other males at bay then they definitelly wouldn't be better than PC males. They would sire cubs in the pride just to them be killed by either Mantimahles or Plains Camp males.
2 users Like Potato's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

They both would suck. The PCmales are terrible pridemales to any pride that isnt the Ximhungwes. While the Kambulas are still too much adrift to offer stability and genetically are not the most ideal match. Best would indeed be for a new group to come in and clean out the north, but thats unlikely to happen.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Rui Ferreira Offline

(10-05-2024, 01:22 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They both would suck. The PCmales are terrible pridemales to any pride that isnt the Ximhungwes. While the Kambulas are still too much adrift to offer stability and genetically are not the most ideal match. Best would indeed be for a new group to come in and clean out the north, but thats unlikely to happen.

Maybe some coalition from Kruger that we dont know of 
About lions that we regulary see 

Monwanas have been in Manyeleti, from there to northen sabi sands is a day or/and night..
Yes they've been in Timbavati but the Birmingham Breakaway have chased them, the Mbiris seem to have Mandevu back so they might want to go south like the Avocas did back in the day 

Another case that I see is Kruger Male joining up with another male, he doesnt seem to be that interested or just cant get a good hold on the Imbalis and was seen with Southern Avoca, that might indicate that he is open to a partnership 
What males are around for him to form a bond..

Torchwood young males? I can see it...

Floppy Ear? The young guy seems to be enjoying K12 company but they have been seen north already and he is ready to mate as we've seen he might want to join with a male 

I wouldnt count out Red Road son either, the boy is reaching the age of leaving the pride 

It wouldnt be the first time to see an older male joining with one or more young males and see some success 
The likes of Dreadlocks Delaporte for example
2 users Like Rui Ferreira's post

Ngonya Offline
Contributor

(10-05-2024, 12:43 AM)Potato Wrote: Considering that they are clearly unable to keep other males at bay then they definitelly wouldn't be better than PC males. They would sire cubs in the pride just to them be killed by either Mantimahles or Plains Camp males.
Exactly my thoughts on it too! 
PCMs have theirflaws but they do offer much more stability and security than the four Kambula.

(10-05-2024, 01:22 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: The PCmales are terrible pridemales to any pride that isnt the Ximhungwes.
Cant completely disagree but i think the word "terrible" is in fact in terrible use here. 
They are likely the strongest coalition in Sabi Sand, its normal they will have expansionist ambitions...
It's worth remembering that the territory they cover was, years ago, ruled by large coalitions such as Mapogo, Selati and Majingilane (each one in a period, all with 4 members) now the Plains Camp cover it all as 2 males only. I would lie if i said thats not impressive.

(10-05-2024, 01:37 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote: Maybe some coalition from Kruger that we dont know of 
I think there is plenty of options to come and go... Quite a few bold young males on the surroundings recently
3 users Like Ngonya's post

Go131810 Offline

(10-05-2024, 01:37 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(10-05-2024, 01:22 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They both would suck. The PCmales are terrible pridemales to any pride that isnt the Ximhungwes. While the Kambulas are still too much adrift to offer stability and genetically are not the most ideal match. Best would indeed be for a new group to come in and clean out the north, but thats unlikely to happen.

Maybe some coalition from Kruger that we dont know of 

Monwanas have been in Manyeleti, from there to northen sabi sands is a day or/and night..
Yes they've been in Timbavati but the Birmingham Breakaway have chased them, the Mbiris seem to have Mandevu back so they might want to go south like the Avocas did back in the day 

Another case that I see is Kruger Male joining up with another male, he doesnt seem to be that interested or just cant get a good hold on the Imbalis and was seen with Southern Avoca, that might indicate that he is open to a partnership 
What males are around for him to form a bond..

Torchwood young males? I can see it...

Floppy Ear? The young guy seems to be enjoying K12 company but they have been seen north already and he is ready to mate as we've seen he might want to join with a male 

I wouldnt count out Red Road son either, the boy is reaching the age of leaving the pride 

It wouldnt be the first time to see an older male joining with one or more young males and see some success 
The likes of Dreadlocks Delaporte for example

May he rest. Speaking of the partner of the male lions of the Sand River. He was with lionesses. Any chance cubs of his?