There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Impressive Females

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 01:34 PM by Luipaard )

As for the comparison. Here are very accurate ones:

*This image is copyright of its original author

What's also funny, is that all my info (including these pictures), from skull measurements to estimated weights, comes from a guy who actually helped Xavier Hubert indentify all the leopards in that particular region in Gabon. So believe it or not, everything I'm saying about these leopards is going to be pretty damn right.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 11:00 PM by Pckts )

I suggest you tone down the name calling for one especially when you have no leg to stand on. You make claims about Lioness cubs as being full grown or 80kg leopards as the norm but you dont have proof. You claim skull size is overlapping yet you have a single skull that is close and ya, it happens to be 18mm larger than the next closest skull and even at that freak size it would only rank right at the average of 48 pantanal Jaguars for length but still not in width with many more much larger overall. How about pugmarks, does it mean anything that pugmarks from the Congo basin are the same as pug mark size from else where? You have 2 weights of 35kg and 40kg and the 40kg was listed as a prime adult specimen, you have a prey base and prey size of smaller animals which all lead to it being most reasonable that those leopards are normal sized. Then you have multiple people who've see both leopards and Jags in person say that it's not even comparable between the 2 and you bring up Congo Leopards again. You show comparisons but dont acknowledge the obvious flaws in the comparisons. Another example is the last post from you.. picture
2, 3 and 4 all have his feet lower than the leopard and him further from the camera and the first is a little better but still off and even with those factors none of the photos shown is any different than their size seen in other African leopards.
Like Rage has shown, people dont see anderson as being close in size, he's outsized in every way in that video but dont take our word for it, feel free to ask any guide you can find out how leopards compare to a Lioness not just any leopards either, ask them about the biggest they've ever seen as well, see what they say.

You can think these leopards are special and are larger but dont take away from actual fact just trying to prove something that is unprovable at this time.

I have to ask, what's your experience with wild animals or animals in captivity, have you been too any wild life reserves or zoo's, have you had a good amount of experience with these cats?

Also, I looked through that link on page 2 of the rainforest leopard thread btw and there are many photos of small sized leopards as well, Male and female with some large ones... just like what you see anywhere else in big cats.

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 02:02 PM by Luipaard )

(04-06-2019, 06:20 PM)Pckts Wrote: I suggest you tone down the name calling for one especially when you have no leg to stand on. You make claims about Lioness cubs as being full grown or 80kg leopards as the norm but you dont have proof. You claim skull size is overlapping yet you have a single skull that is close and ya, it happens to be 18mm larger than the next closest skull and even at that freak size it would only rank right at the average of 48 pantanal Jaguars for length but still not in width with many more much larger overall. How about pugmarks, does it mean anything that pugmarks from the Congo basin are the same as pug mark size from else where? You have 2 weights of 35kg and 40kg and the 40kg was listed as a prime adult specimen, you have a prey base and prey size of smaller animals which all lead to it being most reasonable that those leopards are normal sized. Then you have multiple people who've see both leopards and Jags in person say that it's not even comparable between the 2 and you bring up Congo Leopards again. You show comparisons but dont acknowledge the obvious flaws in the comparisons. Another example is the last post from you.. picture
2, 3 and 4 all have his feet lower than the leopard and him further from the camera and the first is a little better but still off and even with those factors none of the photos shown is any different than their size seen in other African leopards.
Like Rage has shown, people dont see anderson as being close in size, he's outsized in every way in that video but dont take our word for it, feel free to ask any guide you can find out how leopards compare to a Lioness not just any leopards either, ask them about the biggest they've ever seen as well, see what they say.

You can think these leopards are special and are larger but dont take away from actual fact just trying to prove something that is unprovable at this time.

I have to ask, what's your experience with wild animals or animals in captivity, have you been too any wild life reserves or zoo's, have you had a good amount of experience with these cats?

Also, I looked through that link on page 2 of the rainforest leopard thread btw and there are many photos of small sized leopards as well, Male and female with some large ones... just like what you see anywhere else in big cats.

For the sake of this thread, this will be my last post here. If you want to continue discussing about this, feel free to PM me.

The fact that that you ignore the skull sizes of Central African leopards tells me enough. Where these males reach sizes of 260mm+ with consistency, while other African leopards struggle to reach these measurements says enough. Yes, they do overlap in size, the average of a Pantanal jaguar might be higher, but they still overlap in size. A large male Central African/ Persian leopard will overmatch an average Pantanal jaguar. I don't see why you can't admit that. The largest leopard skull size is 297mm x 186mm vs 312.5mm x 225mm. This shouldn't be ignored.

The fact that someone who worked with Xavier Hubbert (who set up the camera traps in Gabon) admitted that these leopards are larger in every aspect says enough. The fact that these persons say these leopards appear like big jaguars says enough.

I too have to admit you need to use a large Pantanal jaguar to match this individual, but hey it's probably a one of a kind....:

So yeah, you stick with your 40kg adult male. I'll stick with all the photographic and videographic material, alongside the skull measurements. And let's not forget the people who actually researched these leopards and the people who helped them. These people share the same opinion with me but I guess that's irrelevant.
2 users Like Luipaard's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

one of the biggest female i have seen, again from Dudhwa. 

Quote:DUDHWA THE PRISTINE BEAUTY 

There are no words to describe the beauty of this pristine forest. The long Sal trees and the huge Teak building a high canopy of the forest gives it a classic touch of beauty. This is a huge Tigress which almost looked like male, just crossed over our path and obliged us with her looks.

8 users Like Roflcopters's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

(04-09-2019, 12:43 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:

one of the biggest female i have seen, again from Dudhwa. 

Quote:DUDHWA THE PRISTINE BEAUTY 

There are no words to describe the beauty of this pristine forest. The long Sal trees and the huge Teak building a high canopy of the forest gives it a classic touch of beauty. This is a huge Tigress which almost looked like male, just crossed over our path and obliged us with her looks.

holy beep...that's a huge lady..are you serious?,is she real?
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

collawali the queen Akshay Shirpurkar
7 users Like Rage2277's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Leopardess from Gabon

animal enthusiast

Indraneel Dani‎-
Tiger and Fern , Dudhwa 2019,

The first sound that i heard upon entering Dudhwa was a Tiger Roar. Probably one of the biggest tigress i have encountered to date. This photograph by no means does justice to the size of this tigresses as she crouched while crossing of road. 
One of the best forests i have visited the sheer size of the trees makes you feel as if driving through Jurassic Park .
6 users Like Rage2277's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Masai Mara

3 users Like Luipaard's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Huge Female Jags 

rudolf sand with huge female jag
2 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

lioness in bruhadgir photo by Jeet Trivedi
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Impressive female from Kashmir, India. Such a shame she got killed

1 user Likes Luipaard's post

Sanju Offline

@Luipaard  That guy kills man eaters.

1 user Likes Sanju's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 04:32 PM by Pckts )

(04-29-2019, 04:21 PM)Sanju Wrote: @Luipaard  That guy kills man eaters.

Check out my post in the "Indian Leopard" thread. You can see many of the alleged maneaters he's killed throughout india.
He must be the modern day Corbett for leopards.
1 user Likes Pckts's post