There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Canada stronghold Offline

It appears the Othawa boy is back with his pride and his fathers. He should join his fathers to prolong their lives and him to have a better chance of survival.
2 users Like stronghold's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(03-08-2018, 02:22 AM)stronghold Wrote: It appears the Othawa boy is back with his pride and his fathers. He should join his fathers to prolong their lives and him to have a better chance of survival.

Yup, I wish he joins Mhangeni sub-adults too. It will be win-win situation for both.
Looks like females abandoned Mhangeni sub-adults to fend themselves.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Kelwan Kaiser.

The lads have been unlucky in their hunting attemps of late, along with the Othawa pride, and it shows.

But keep in mind this happens to everyone from time to time.

Yes, at their age it takes a bigger toll than it would to younger males, but a good, big meal will most likely have them in good condition again.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Canada stronghold Offline

Looks like they really need a good meal or two
1 user Likes stronghold's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Hugo Breed - Leopard Hills.

Majingilane male sniffing the air, hoping to pick up the scent of the Othawa pride.

3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Faizel Ismail.

This post is a little late, but whenever I head back home to Africa, I feel it only fitting to post an image of Mama Africa’s greatest son... Panthera Leo. To me, the lion embodies everything it means to be an African. Although we may be divided by lines on a map, we are all Africans, we are a glorious people united by ubuntu the spirit of togetherness, and even though our home may seem shrouded in turmoil at times, we always rise and defy all odds. Just like this incredible creature, that has become our defining symbol, our representation to rest of the world. Here’s to Africa’s most famous son.

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

(03-10-2018, 07:47 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Credits to Hugo Breed - Leopard Hills.

Majingilane male sniffing the air, hoping to pick up the scent of the Othawa pride.

is this what you see on the edge of your ear really ticks?

United States Fredymrt Offline

Photo Credits Craig Parsons

Golden.M & Scar Nose Patrolling
5 users Like Fredymrt's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

All 3 majingilane were together at ulusaba 10 hours ago. 
Dark mane:

4 users Like T Rabbit's post

Austria Lionpower Offline

(03-11-2018, 11:58 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: All 3 majingilane were together at ulusaba 10 hours ago. 
Dark mane:

Their condition gets worse very quick. I think this is because they're losing the nurturing environment of a pride. Is there any pride left that the Majingis are controlling? Mhangenis are mating with the Birminghams. Maybe the Ottawa Pride..The condition of the Matimba Males had also gotten worse very quick after being nomadic males. I don't think the Majingilane Males will survive this year.
1 user Likes Lionpower's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(03-10-2018, 10:00 PM)Cunaguaro Wrote: is this what you see on the edge of your ear really ticks?

Looks like ticks, yes.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Lionpower the majingilanes and matimbas are really old lions. So is natural that get weak and weak. But majingilanes are smart. They are united and together to increase their chances of survival. Nobody know if bboys conquered the mhangenis. Could be only fake estrus. Mfumo and another bboy are in mala mala right now but not with mhangenis 
1 user Likes T Rabbit's post

Photo Credits: Craig Parsons

No time to Stop!
6 users Like Fredymrt's post

( This post was last modified: 03-16-2018, 07:30 AM by Fredymrt )

Throwback Majingilane Males and Sparta/Eyrefield lionesses Mala Mala 2012

Credits to: Kurtjaybertels

An interesting dinner party.

On safari, it is incredible how quickly things can change! A simple gust of wind started a chain reaction, which no one could have predicted. I had found a pride of lions, doing what lions do best – sleeping hard! Not much was happening, and given the overcast conditions, it didn’t look like much was going to happen. That all changed when the wind suddenly picked up, and brought with it some juicy information.
Immediately, all four lionesses got up and changed gear to a brisk walk. At the same time, I got a call about a young male lion on a buffalo kill, in the direction the lionesses were heading. Putting two and two together, I left the ladies and made my way ahead to the newly discovered buffalo kill. There was another great surprise in store for me as I arrived though…
Two male lions were in the process of teaching a young male lion (the original owner of the kill) what life’s all about! They never managed to get a hold of him, luckily for the young gun, but when they returned to the kill site, they were frothing at the mouth in a rage that would have impressed Mike Tyson on fight night!
The four female lions had made their way to the buffalo, and one of the ladies lead the way into the ring. She approached slowly, nervous of the much larger male guarding the kill, but still showing great interest in the rather smelly buffalo. When she was well and truly committed the male came over to deliver some alpha male, but instead got sidelined with a quick battery of claws and hatred. She had two separate goes at him, making contact on both occasions, which was enough to send him scent marking a nearby bush.
Luckily for me, the kill site was relatively open, which gave me the chance to snap some images of all the madness!

The lionesses get moving

The large male lions arrive back at the kill

The female lion scraps with the male lion