There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(11-05-2018, 12:52 AM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 12:40 AM)Raj8143 Wrote: how many males lions , lioness and sub adults did they kills when they wer king??

Quite difficult to be sure about the number, but I guess it could be around 20, maybe a bit more.
(11-05-2018, 12:40 AM)Raj8143 Wrote: did they kill more then mapogos ?

No.

how much did mapagos killed?

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-05-2018, 01:10 AM)Raj8143 Wrote: how much did mapagos killed?

Difficult to know again.

But some of the rangers that followed them say between 60 to 100 lions, most of which were females, subadults and cubs.

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(11-05-2018, 06:12 AM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(11-05-2018, 01:10 AM)Raj8143 Wrote: how much did mapagos killed?

Difficult to know again.

But some of the rangers that followed them say between 60 to 100 lions, most of which were females, subadults and cubs.

why they wer killing the females???? i can understand about cub ,males and sub adults!!!

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-05-2018, 01:23 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: why they wer killing the females?

It was a combination of very large and agressive males, and also of being many males.

They competed with each other, and so part of that agression turned to the females when none could have that lioness for himself.

But if you pay attention, as a general rule lions are very tolerant of lionesses, they allow agression and swatting towards them that, for example, a leopard would never allow.

Now, what happens when a short tempered, agressive male faces up with the wannabes tough lionesses? He, or in this case, the coalition, makes short work of said female.

It's the reality of nature.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Canada Pbonz Offline

What happened to this coalition?

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-07-2018, 05:52 AM)Pbonz Wrote: What happened to this coalition?

They died of old age, the last three at the beginning of this year.

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Pbonz
1- 5th male: killed by 2 mapogos (2010)
2- hip-scar: died by long leg injury starvation (2017)
3- golden mane: died gored by buffalo (2018)
4- scar nose: died by starvation (2018)
5- dark mane: died by starvation (2018)

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

(11-07-2018, 07:21 AM)T Rabbit Wrote: Pbonz
1- 5th male: killed by 2 mapogos (2010)
2- hip-scar: died by long leg injury starvation (2017)
3- golden mane: died by old age gored by buffalo (2018)
4- scar nose: died by old age starvation (2018)
5- dark mane: died by old age starvation (2018)

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Altamirano i don't think so. Ginger matimba and kambulas just expell him from the kill. Then Hs came back and died at dulini. After many days without eating. He only had some scratches in the face. Nothing in his back or legs. So he died of starvation.
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-07-2018, 07:59 AM)Altamirano Wrote: Hip scar died of after battle with matimba male lions

Not really, no.

While a an encounter was seen, there's no reason to say he died because of the injuries and not because of his general bad health, worsened by starvation.

Plus, that was quite a distance to travel for a starving and old lion(it happened in Londolozi and Hip scar was found dead in his territory), and to that add his "fatal injuries" at the fangs of the Matimbas. It doesn't add up.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

maybe the matimba hb is the biggest lion in sabisand...and wht happen to other matimbas ??? how did they die?

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-07-2018, 07:30 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: wht happen to other matimbas ??? how did they die?

I don't know much about it, as they were in the north and there were not a lot of reports about them.

But what I do know is that as they got into their old age, they started to lose ground and territory and eventually were displaced by younger males.

Now, I don't really know if some of them were killed by rivals, but eventually the three dissapeared.

Mohawk4 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2018, 07:40 PM by Mohawk4 )

(11-07-2018, 05:19 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: Altamirano i don't think so. Ginger matimba and kambulas just expell him from the kill. Then Hs came back and died at dulini. After many days without eating. He only had some scratches in the face. Nothing in his back or legs. So he died of starvation.

Dont bother..its has the same name in Fb and  with jairo reyes spread hate and lies about Majingilanes and they insult and block every person that they dont like...
Majingilanes followers.....Quallity>Quantity
2 users Like Mohawk4's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-20-2018, 11:26 AM by Rishi )

When Lions take revenge- majingilanes vs mapogos. The brutal night of June 8.

2 users Like T Rabbit's post

Canada Pbonz Offline

(11-09-2018, 10:01 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: When Lions take revenge- majingilanes vs mapogos. The brutal night of June 8.
https://youtu.be/Z-gL1gETv7A

I know it’s natural. I fell so bad for Kinky. 
So many question. Why not run away with Mr T. 
How long he was tortured and in pain. Ugh