There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gijima coalition

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2023, 09:43 PM by DARK MANE )

Gijimas raided north ( in ndhzenhas territory) again.
8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Maybe they're feeling more confident hearing one less roar.

But man bigger Gijima has such a very dark black mane despite his young age, imagine how he'll look when he's 8-9yo.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-20-2023, 09:43 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Gijimas raided north ( in ndhzenhas territory) again.
(03-20-2023, 11:32 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Maybe they're feeling more confident hearing one less roar.

Not all Umkumbe is Ndhzengas territory.

Also Ndhzengas recently where seen quite north then usual at MalaMala chasing BDM's, so if they didnt patrol recently southern border, its normal that Gijimas investigate.

Males territory changes daily.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

Has the Southern lioness been seen with her Cubs? She has possibly been denning for awhile so I wonder how she is and how are her two almost adult daughters?

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I heard she was denning and the subs mating with Gijimas again.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Gijimas roaring:

They where also seen chasing Kambula young males yesterday at Sabi Sabi.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mwk85 Offline

10 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

IIRC there was talk about Gijimas being close to S.Avoca territory recently, is the distance between them big or is it one where they may bump onto each other in the future?

Gijimas might be trying to expand but north of them they have 3 Ndhzengas, so maybe they'll try Avocas in the future? Idk but I wonder which coalition would have the upper hand.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Australia Horizon Offline

(04-24-2023, 10:03 AM)Mapokser Wrote: IIRC there was talk about Gijimas being close to S.Avoca territory recently, is the distance between them big or is it one where they may bump onto each other in the future?

Gijimas might be trying to expand but north of them they have 3 Ndhzengas, so maybe they'll try Avocas in the future? Idk but I wonder which coalition would have the upper hand.

Even months back, there was a report that Gijimas got into S Avoca territory but things remained safe on both sides. S Avoca came slightly off their peak but I still believe they are the stronger of the two coalitions at this stage.
4 users Like Horizon's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-24-2023, 10:03 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Gijimas might be trying to expand but north of them they have 3 Ndhzengas, so maybe they'll try Avocas in the future? Idk but I wonder which coalition would have the upper hand.

If 4 Ndhzengas didnt chose to expand east towards S.Avocas in 4vs2, i doubt only 2 Gijimas would as long as 2 Avocas are still in peak condition as they are.

Both of them might have problem with 7 Nkuhlus in near future who hang in/around their territories, and not worying about each others.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(04-24-2023, 10:03 AM)Mapokser Wrote: IIRC there was talk about Gijimas being close to S.Avoca territory recently, is the distance between them big or is it one where they may bump onto each other in the future?

The Avocas definitely have the upper hand. They have a stronger bond then the Gijimas and are always seen together. Additionally they are older with more experience.
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Horizon Interesting, looking at southern SS that doesn't territory doesn't look big but it should be enough for 2 males, and soon they'll be able to mate again with the subadults and have cubs with them this time, hope they focus on that.

As for comparing them with Avocas, with the recently news of them chasing 6 males I think they're definitely stronger in a clash to see who chases who, but if Gijimas would hold their ground then idk, Avocas have more experience but are a bit out of their prime, while Gijimas are entering their own, both coalitions are bold and brave. Hopefully they won't clash, though Avocas would certainly prefer competition from 2 rather than the Nkhulus and DeLaporte.

@Mdz123 I'm not sure we can say Avocas have a stronger bond, these 2 Gijimas are probably brothers too.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-21-2023, 11:26 AM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: Has the Southern lioness been seen with her Cubs? She has possibly been denning for awhile so I wonder how she is and how are her two almost adult daughters?

Yes,   Sabi Sabi posted her and her three cubbies.    The post was most likely posted to the Sabi Sands thread

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrLj175oazS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
3 users Like criollo2mil's post