There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gijima coalition

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

I believe size is just like an extra tool/feature for those that has it. However, if you don't know or don't have the confidence on how to use it to your advantage, it won't do much of a difference in a fight.
2 users Like afortich's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 10:26 AM by Tr1x24 )

@Mapokser 

For Mapogos , mr T was around the size of the rest, but KT was smaller and smallest of them, his skull was smaller then 4yr old 5th Majingilane, and Majingilanes where not considered big lions yet average. This didnt prevent him ti be one of the greatest warriors we saw.

As for size, yes size can matter in actual fight, but that doesnt happen that often , its more important who is more confident and has better teamplay , theres countless cases where smaller males defeat bigger ones.

I dont want to discuss about Mapogos and size,as its offtopic, my comment was purely because Potato undervalues Ndhzengas for no reason, as its proven that small lions can be just as succesfull as bigger ones.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-09-2023, 09:59 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Mapokser 

For Mapogos , mr T was around the size of the rest, but KT was smaller and smallest of them, his skull was smaller then 4yr old 5th Majingilane, and Majingilanes where not considered big lions yet average. This didnt prevent him ti be one of the greatest warriors we saw.

As for size, yes size can matter in actual fight, but that doesnt happen that often , its more important who is more confident and has better teamplay , theres countless cases where smaller males defeat bigger ones.

I dont want to discuss about Mapogos and size,as its offtopic, my comment was purely because Potato undervalues Ndhzengas for no reason, as its proven that small lions can be just as succesfull as bigger ones.

I always thought mr t was the smallest and yeah all of them where the same size tbh but you could definitely tell the difference put you’re right off topic Erongji is the youngest of the n’waswitshakas males gore and amahle are very close in age Erongji months younger but they’re around 7 or 7.5 years old right?

BigLion39 Offline

Size has no bearing on the outcome of fights IMHO. So often we see the odd, smaller mane, Mohawk males first in and last out, sometimes perishing in defending and fighting for territory for example the smaller, Mohawk Mjejane. Then look at Tyson, 1of 2 Ross males, the less impressive of the 2. Mr T Mapojo. Kiok, 1/4  Bila Shaka. Mdogo  1/4 Muguro Boys. Seems its always the smaller less impressive ones in the lead.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(03-09-2023, 11:22 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Size has no bearing on the outcome of fights IMHO. So often we see the odd, smaller mane, Mohawk males first in and last out, sometimes perishing in defending and fighting for territory for example the smaller, Mohawk Mjejane. Then look at Tyson, 1of 2 Ross males, the less impressive of the 2. Mr T Mapojo. Kiok, 1/4  Bila Shaka. Mdogo  1/4 Muguro Boys. Seems its always the smaller less impressive ones in the lead.

I always believed the males in front or the youngest and or the smaller ones to be more aggressive scrapper mr t Erongji Mohawk northern Avoca Even when it was just nhenha and tinyo tinyo was very aggressive although I think he was older

WildRev Offline

Not this size bullshit topic again, none of you are learning at all huh
1 user Likes WildRev's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-09-2023, 03:42 PM)WildRev Wrote: Not this size bullshit topic again, none of you are learning at all huh

Also this is severely off topic, reminder that this is th Gijima thread and not the place to discuss lion sizes.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-09-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Baseless speculation.
Baseless assumption is that different male coalitions sometimes compete for the same territory? It is rather other way around and assuming Ndzengas will have free reign is stretched. 

(03-09-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also, their size means pretty much nothing
Saying size means pretty much nothing is absurd. Bigger, stronger male(s) has obvious advantage in a fight. That despite that sometime smaller male wins a fight against larger male is an exeption, not a confirmation that size doesn't matter. For some reason in human combat sports there is somethink like weight categories. 

(03-09-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Not sure why you mentioned BDM's and Talamatis as they dont have any relations, interactions or showed signs of interest towards Kambulas or Ndhzengas
Talamatis are nomadic males slowly coming into their prime years so they are potential contenders for any of the dominant males in Sabi Sands and that includes Ndzenga coalition. Black Dams are not really nomadic anymore through they will be still in a search for a pride to takeover so they could move  a bit south and challange Ndzenga males if they would feel they are strong enough to beat Ndzenga males.

(03-09-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Only coalition which Ndhzengas might worry in near future are 4 Kambula young males
You mean other coalitions around would stand no chance against Ndzenga males? In that case I fully dissagree with you. Just to mention that Southern Avocas had to earn their dominant position through beating 3 healty males. If for example Gijima males would decide to challange Ndzengas for their holding and would manage to succeed then it wouldn't be somethink unssen, nor creazy suprise.

(03-09-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: In the end ,im not sure why you specifically mentioned Ndhzengas as "exploitable"
Because:
(03-09-2023, 12:29 AM)Potato Wrote: Ndzenga males being down to just 3 males, one of those also not being healty and being only small to avarage size males

(03-09-2023, 12:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: " will be interesting to follow dynamics around Mhangeni pride, as PC males are only 2, because of that they might get exploited by 4 young Kambula males, or even Talamati or BD's
Kinda it is through I would argue that since demise of Ubuso, the PC males are stronger force than Ndzenga males. Also PC males being in the corner of Sabi Sands has less possible competition, they do not border with BD and Gijima males. Considering all that I would say chances are bigger that Ndzenga males will face serious challange for their lands and pride that for that PC males will face serious challange for their lands and prides.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 07:12 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-09-2023, 06:24 PM)Potato Wrote: Baseless assumption is that different male coalitions sometimes compete for the same territory? It is rather other way around and assuming Ndzengas will have free reign is stretched. 

No, but its baseless that you specifically brought this question towards reign of Ndhzengas, and not  Imbali male, Mohawk Avoca, PC males, S. Avocas, Gijimas or any other territorial coalition, as they are in the same situation compared to other coalitions , or even worse then Ndhzengas.

Your reason is " they are small to average" , which is no reason at all, as some of the most succesful coalitions out there where just average, and some of the most agressive and fearless warriors where just average and under average in size.

How succesfull is coalition has absolutely nothing to do how big their members are !!
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-09-2023, 06:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: No, but its baseless that you specifically brought this question towards reign of Ndhzengas, and not  Imbali male, Mohawk Avoca, PC males, S. Avocas, Gijimas or any other territorial coalition, as they are in the same situation compared to other coalitions , or even worse then Ndhzengas.
I brought Gijima vs Ndzenga scenario because it is Gijima thread. I do not get why when bringing this up I would be supposed to make list of other coalitions that might face challanges in the foreseeable future.

(03-09-2023, 06:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Your reason is " they are small to average" , which is no reason at all, as some of the most succesful coalitions out there where just average, and some of the most agressive and fearless warriors where just average and under average in size.
Through on base of what you assume it is a case there like smaller males were always better fighters. Just as well it might be other way around and other males on top of having size advantage over Ndzengas might be better fighters as well. 
(03-09-2023, 06:54 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: How succesfull is coalition has absolutely nothing to do how big their members are !!

So you claim size advantage is not an advantage at all, ok then lol I would asy it doesn't make any sense what so ever. That being said I am not claiming size difference is the only factor that determines victor in competition between coalitions of male lions.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-09-2023, 02:35 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Not quite. It was just mostly left to Gore to defend the prides there.

At that time, late March 2022, Gore was around Sabi Sabi with Styxs for few months , occasionaly visited by some brother, while his brothers where further north in central MalaMala with Kambulas.

Lion Sands and SP was aready not in patroling routine of Ndhzengas for 2-3 months, as far as i remember, there was no sightings of Ndhzegas in Lion Sands and with SP in 2022 , or if it was, it was around January.

Gijimas where for few weeks at Lion Sands, until they started moving north towards Sabi Sabi where they encountered Gore.

(03-09-2023, 02:35 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: If it was truly vacant, there wouldn't have been a fight.

Fight happened in central MalaMala, new core territory of Ndhzengas, far from vacant Lion Sands.

Amahle and OE chased Gijimas across Sabi Sabi, they didnt follow to Lion Sands, as they didnt consider it their territory anymore.

Gijimas become territorial in vacant Lion Sands.

After few months, towards mid 2022 and after, Ndhzengas also completley vacant Sabi Sabi and Styxs. Gijimas claimed vacant Sabi Sabi after that.

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 08:19 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-09-2023, 07:28 PM)Potato Wrote: So you claim size advantage is not an advantage at all, ok then lol I would asy it doesn't make any sense what so ever. That being said I am not claiming size difference is the only factor that determines victor in competition between coalitions of male lions.

No, im claiming that how succesfull coalition is has nothing do with size.

You are assuming that every competition and clash between 2 coalitions will be determined in direct clash, pound vs pound in a matter like it is a boxing match, as example :

- First PC male vs Amahle -> PC male win
- Second PC male vs OE -> PC male win

Conclusion : PC males are bigger and stronger then Amahle/OE , meaning they will easily win.

It doesnt work like that, in 50% (or even more ) of clashes ,physical confrontation doesnt even happen, in which cases size and strenght is irrelevant.

Im not saying that in 1vs1 ,OE will beat PC male, he prob wouldnt, but that 1vs1, 2 vs2 actual fight rarely happens in a clash.

More important, then size and strenght, in a clash and competition, is confidence, teamwork, "brain" and even luck.

Even smaller males who have those advantages over their bigger opponents, will beat them, easily.

And we have 0 insight of what Ndhzengas are in those departments, you are only judging them by size.

Thats it what i have to say, sry for getting offtopic.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 I'll ignore Mapogos then to not be too much off topic but I'll just make a quick comment on the Majins' age.

Here 3 of them in december 2010, https://blog.londolozi.com/2010/12/15/ma...ne-murder/

*This image is copyright of its original author

They were estimated by rangers to be 5-6 during the fight and although I get that from photos in 2009 they weren't as old as 6. They definitely weren't as young as 4, maybe SN was, but the other 4 were definitely older and 5th was the most impressive of them.

As I said I agree size doesn't matter that much. I think if the difference is huge then maybe as some examples show, but still, there's other examples too, that classic fight between Loonkito and the much smaller male, it was a hell out of a fight of 8+ minutes and they were even. Small males can indeed be as great as big males and often are.

I just think that it's worthy mentioning how small the Ndhzengas are since even rangers worries about that in a hypothetical fight, plus Gore's injure. It's arguable if they are as powerful as they may look, being the biggest coalition and all.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Good point. Size actually only matters in just a few factors.

I agree with your regarding Ndhzenga males. With the recent lost of Ubuso. Ndhzenga males aren't much strong as we believed a time ago. Even the Gijima boys could be a threat for them, they're approaching to their prime, two good looking boys and healthy.
3 users Like T I N O's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

So,,,,maybe we can get back to GIJIMAS please!
4 users Like criollo2mil's post