There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Freak Specimens

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

From Onçafari Jaguar Project:
"Fera and Brutus taking a walk around Refúgio Ecológico Caiman. It’s not uncommon to see jaguar couples around here. We wish you all a great Sunday ! Photo: Cynthia Lebrão"

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Ngala's post

United States TheLioness Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-17-2018, 03:03 AM by TheLioness )

I wish I knew more about these males. Only thing I know is location.
Botswana Okavango 

Different lions here. Estimated 38-284 kg, these lions were on private game reserves fitted for collaring and clinical examination. I know we don't use estimates very often and take with concern. However estimates take from people in the field holds better quality than that of a photographer. Has other information in the link. 
http://www.vaajournal.org/article/S1467-...0064-8/pdf

Edit looks like this data was posted already my bad. Haven't been here in awhile.
5 users Like TheLioness's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Two idiots in a two wheeler at Tadoba.

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Its an unbelievable incident a photographer when capturing wild bears. Suddenly one bear appeared from nowhere and sat next to him.

5 users Like Apollo's post

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

(01-17-2018, 02:26 AM)TheLioness Wrote: I wish I knew more about these males. Only thing I know is location.
Botswana Okavango 

Different lions here. Estimated 38-284 kg, these lions were on private game reserves fitted for collaring and clinical examination. I know we don't use estimates very often and take with concern. However estimates take from people in the field holds better quality than that of a photographer. Has other information in the link. 
http://www.vaajournal.org/article/S1467-...0064-8/pdf

Edit looks like this data was posted already my bad. Haven't been here in awhile.

Look at the size of that lions upper arm -bicep,tricep. Very impressive
1 user Likes chaos's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

HUGE

4 users Like Apollo's post

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

(02-14-2018, 04:26 AM)Apollo Wrote: HUGE

Look at the size of those claws, awesome!
1 user Likes chaos's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

The big Alaskan peninsula brown bear on post #625 is uncommonly calm near people. These bears see people more often than most inland grizzlies do. A mature Alaskan inland grizzly, or one from - say - British Columbia or Montana, would not have been so trusting.
4 users Like brotherbear's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Muscle packed...

2 users Like Apollo's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-19-2018, 10:41 AM by johnny rex )

That male tiger looks really huge. Must be a Siberian.
3 users Like johnny rex's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Big males. 
Look at the tiger's front limb thickness compared to the lion.

4 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Giant Amur

3 users Like Apollo's post

United Kingdom Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

@Apollo :

About #632: That is especially the tiger's forearms (of the front limb...) that are more developed. At 1:12 when you see the lion's shoulder, that's not bad either.
4 users Like Spalea's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Monster Amur

2 users Like Apollo's post

United Kingdom Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

An other big tiger and a smaller, junger, lion discovering a new play... Both robust.

4 users Like Spalea's post