There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Freak Specimens

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-17-2022, 09:41 PM)Betty Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 06:47 PM)Pckts Wrote: I made a comparison of one of his Tigers said to be over 345kg and his Lion here said to be over 300kg

*This image is copyright of its original author

Justin has 3 big cats weighing more than 350kg, namely the white lion elvis ( 380 kg ), the Siberian tiger Apollo ( 375 kg ), and the white Siberian tiger Fido(400 kg ). Obviously, the weights of these big cats are all speculation.

There are no White Amur Tigers, only Bengals. I’d assume hybrids as well but they’d need to have the recessive gene which only occurred in Bengals.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast

Tadoba

6 users Like AndresVida's post

Italy AndresVida Offline
Animal Enthusiast

Mexico, an absolute unit here

3 users Like AndresVida's post

India Hello Offline

Very bulky lion, my estimate 270-280 kg.

2 users Like Hello's post

India Hello Offline

Aslan, 253 kg!
2 users Like Hello's post

United States GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-14-2023, 07:04 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

Huge tiger

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8217945439?pid...6575992469
2 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

India Hello Offline

(01-22-2021, 08:49 PM)johnny rex Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:36 PM)Hello Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 09:29 AM)Gkumar Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 07:11 PM)Hello Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 03:16 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: This is an obese specimen, I wonder how much it weights, wouldn't be surprised if he's close or above 400 kg

The biggest lion at Taigan is 300 kg claimed Chuk.I believe he has the biggest frame(both long and tall) compared to other lions there.He is bit overweight and could be a 250 kg lion in perfect shape.

I think this lion named caesar from taigan safari park could've have been even larger in frame than chuk. I haven't seen him in any of the recent videos from their youtube channel, so not sure if he exists now. Here is the comparison pic of oleg with caesar and Chuk.who do you think is bigger?

Below is the video from which i took the screenshot of caesar.

Caesar looks good in shape btw how old is he? and are they related? Both are roughly similar in height but Chuk (Young adult ,still he has some growing to do if not bulking.) looks bit overweight so Chuk's heavier (maybe).Estimates always vary among people so who knows?

If I'm not mistaken all lions at Taigan are Kruger lions, isn't it?
EDIT: Not all are South African lions, but there are also generic lions at the zoo.

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(05-13-2023, 03:12 PM)Hello Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 03:16 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: This is an obese specimen, I wonder how much it weights, wouldn't be surprised if he's close or above 400 kg

The biggest lion at Taigan is 300 kg claimed Chuk.I believe he has the biggest frame(both long and tall) compared to other lions there.He is bit overweight and could be a 250 kg lion in perfect shape.

I think this lion named caesar from taigan safari park could've have been even larger in frame than chuk. I haven't seen him in any of the recent videos from their youtube channel, so not sure if he exists now. Here is the comparison pic of oleg with caesar and Chuk.who do you think is bigger?

Caesar looks good in shape btw how old is he? and are they related? Both are roughly similar in height but Chuk (Young adult ,still he has some growing to do if not bulking.) looks bit overweight so Chuk's heavier (maybe).Estimates always vary among people so who knows?

EDIT: Not all are South African lions, but there are also generic lions at the zoo.

But Chuk is a Transvaal lion, right? Sorry, what do you mean by generic lions?

India Hello Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-14-2023, 06:58 PM by Hello )

(06-14-2023, 10:09 AM)johnny rex Wrote:

Mix of different subspecies and that's how I see it. I had a conversation with a zoologist and he knows well about lineage of captive lions across the world. 

It's similar to saying that a white tiger doesn't mean that it's a pure bengal, but have bengal blood in them. Only pure ones are Southern African lions of US under AZA and Indian lions of Europe and Asian zoos.

1 user Likes Hello's post

India Hello Offline

Huge southern African lion at 249 kg.

India Hello Offline

(06-14-2023, 02:49 PM)Hello Wrote:

Mix of different subspecies and that's how I see it. I had a conversation with a zoologist and he knows well about lineage of captive lions across the world. 

It's similar to saying that a white tiger doesn't mean that it's a pure bengal, but have bengal blood in them. Only pure ones are Southern African lions of US under AZA and Indian lions of Europe and Asia.

Taigan has some of the largest lions. Lions are massive. Chuk the biggest lion there show in the video. I wonder how heavy he would be on a scale. 

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

It's similar to saying that a white tiger doesn't mean that it's a pure bengal, but have bengal blood in them. Only pure ones are Southern African lions of US under AZA and Indian lions of Europe and Asian zoos.

Sorry, what is AZA?

India Hello Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2023, 09:35 PM by Hello )

(06-22-2023, 12:43 PM)johnny rex Wrote:

Sorry, what is AZA?
 American Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Here is a studbook of southern African lion for AZA accredited zoos.
http://alouattasen.weebly.com/uploads/8/9/5/6/8956452/lionafricanstudbook2012-dca7d0e1.pdf

United States GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-09-2024, 09:41 AM by GrizzlyClaws )

A lanky Amur tiger with extremely tall shoulder height.

3 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

India Ansh Singh Offline

(09-28-2019, 08:59 PM)Hello Wrote: According to guinness records,the heaviest dog named Zorba was a mastiff at 155 kg.He looks fit.He doesn't look that much to be 155 kg.Does guinness records weigh or estimate weights?