There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall of Mapogos Lions

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

@Pckts 

Here's the coalitions Mapogos defeated, killed, beat on at least one fight or drove off of their territory. They have quite the record.

Nhlaguleni Male

Northern coalition (4 males)

Dzunani Sand River male

Ravenscourt male

Rocky Kruger male

Nkuhuma coalition (2 males)

Rollercoaster males + Solo (3 males)

Manyeleti coalition (2 males)

Golf Course males (2 males)

Toulon coalition (3 males)

Gijima coalition (2 Males)

One eye and Stompie coalition

Selati coalition (4 males) on initial encounters

Majingilane coalition (5 males) in day battle

Matimba coalition (3 males)

Limper Kruger male

Unidentified nomadic males (6+ males)

The list is even longer ´cause many fights that happened by night were not documented!
3 users Like fursan syed's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 01:42 AM by Pckts )

I'm not sure what to make of your list, if those are the males that were defeated over their lifetime than all that means is the territory supported a lot of lions and the mapogos did their part to help tourism along with the abdundence of other cats.
But since I don't know any of the scenarios you're claiming, I have to take it with a grain of salt @fursan syed

But we were talking about the article posted and how they said only 3 males ruled the prides mentioned when the 6 mapogos entered the picture.
3 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Pckts  search about it brother read my posts on mapogo thread from page 18 . Mapogos notoriety is not without the reason.
2 users Like fursan syed's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(11-19-2016, 01:35 AM)Pckts Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of your list, if those are the males that were defeated over their lifetime than all that means is the territory supported a lot of lions and the mapogos did their part to help tourism along with the abdundence of other cats.
But since I don't know any of the scenarios you're claiming, I have to take it with a grain of salt @fursan syed

But we were talking about the article posted and how they said only 3 males ruled the prides mentioned when the 6 mapogos entered the picture.

very contradictory statements,

I hope at least you can understand what you write
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 03:09 AM by Pckts )

(11-19-2016, 01:42 AM)fursan syed Wrote: @Pckts  search about it brother read my posts on mapogo thread from page 18 . Mapogos notoriety is not without the reason.

I like the mapogos a lot, I think they're great lions. I know their story is an entertaining one. My response was about the claims  @LionKiss was making, saying that "the mapogos were deeply hated by man for taking out so many lions" and trying to tie that in to them somehow being detrimental to the park.

Does that clear it up Lk?
3 users Like Pckts's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-19-2016, 01:35 AM)Pckts Wrote: But since I don't know any of the scenarios you're claiming, I have to take it with a grain of salt

That is the best you can do, mostly because of the context involved in those scenarios.

To put it short, most of those are the 6 males vs 1, at most two rivals. I think the numbers are easy in this case.

And, one more bit of context to understand it, half of those rivals were either old lions, or subadults barely scratching the 5 year old mark.

When you know this, the list becomes very different.

And I agree with you. It has nothing to do whatsoever with what you were discussing.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(11-19-2016, 02:42 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 01:42 AM)fursan syed Wrote: @Pckts  search about it brother read my posts on mapogo thread from page 18 . Mapogos notoriety is not without the reason.

I like the mapogos a lot, I think they're great lions. I know their story is an entertaining one. My response was about the claims  @LionKiss was making, saying that "the mapogos were deeply hated by man for taking out so many lions" and trying to tie that in to them somehow being detrimental to the park.

Does that clear it up Lk?

of course not, your reasoning is faulty and you deny what many insiders have said.
It is like having someone to plead guilty for something and you come to his defense to be declared innocent.
it is your choice but you can't convince. 

Does that clear it up?
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Deny what many insiders have said? The only "insiders" saying that is you @LionKiss and your reasoning is purely speculative based on your biased love towards one group of lions.
4 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 10:48 PM by fursan syed )

@Pckts  @LionKiss 

this is the pic of a djuma report just after Kinky Tail Mapogo Death.

they are calling the Mapogos "thugs". It Goes to show you that the Mapogos always fighting Human politics during their Reign.  The Mapogos were hated and the lodge people wanted to get rid of them

*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 11:02 PM by Pckts )

So? That doesn't mean they have some sort of secret vendetta, it's an adjective used to describe the coalition from whoever wrote the article, id also like to see the whole article so we don't have interpret a single excerpt again.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Pckts  this is the full article bro.
http://www.djuma.com/blog/?itemid=340
2 users Like fursan syed's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-19-2016, 11:22 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Pckts  this is the full article bro.

Perfect example.
Nothing in that article has to do with hatred of any lion, in fact he relates their up coming to the mapogos and specifically lumps them and all lions in with being "African lions"

Tfs
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(11-19-2016, 07:24 PM)Pckts Wrote: Deny what many insiders have said? The only "insiders" saying that is you @LionKiss and your reasoning is purely speculative based on your biased love towards one group of lions.

read the Londolozi reports written by insiders of Londolozi 
I am sure that you have read everything but you are in constant denial deliberately just you want to level down everything.

Greece LionKiss Offline

(11-19-2016, 11:00 PM)Pckts Wrote: So? That doesn't mean they have some sort of secret vendetta, it's an adjective used to describe the coalition from whoever wrote the article, id also like to see the whole article so we don't have interpret a single excerpt again.

how do you know that they don't have a secret vendetta? 
You don't know, you just want to deny it on behalf of others without being asked to. 

Usually people with guns use them very easily when they lose money.
You constantly comes to the defense of people who would extremely easy use guns to kill lions.
It is like defending Al Capone, well there were some people who did it, anyway.

Greece LionKiss Offline

(11-19-2016, 11:22 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Pckts  this is the full article bro.

so true, the Mapogos were hated and it is obvious that many people there wanted to replace with other new younger lions asap.