There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall of Mapogos Lions

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

i want to know which of my post is crap.. and without any evidence . i will delete it when get informed like i done it before.  yes there are some unanswered and foggy issues . all the people who followed mapogos in past know about those issues. i have direct contacts with many of rangers ,photographers, field guides even willem botha  i gather my info from them. i am here because when i visited first time to this forum i saw mapogos thread is not much big and i have pretty much more info to add it here. thats why i join the forum.
2 users Like fursan syed's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(11-12-2016, 09:25 PM)fursan syed Wrote: i visited first time to this forum i saw mapogos thread is not much big and i have pretty much more info to add it here. thats why i join the forum.
We appreciate the info you added and thanks you for the contribution, But that does not mean you start comparing it with other. This will increase the war in forum which we will not allow.
If you read about tigers section, you can read many people have their favorites. For example Jay and Waghdoh are 2 huge male tiger of india, some people like Jay more than waghdoh and other Like Waghdoh. But they never said one is greater than the other.
Choosing a favorite is good, supporting them is good, standing for them is also good but saying that they are the better than the other is not sign of mature person. Be a fan not fanatic, this is what we want here, specially in an open platform like this it could be destructive.
4 users Like sanjay's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

i dont compare . if i say anything good about them without comparing like they have quality off springs not quantity its not means i am dis crediting other lions. i wish all the lion coalition threads names are simple. i and other people who know about mapogos would not like the thread name most brutal lion coalition majingilane. its better if the name like Mapogo Male lions, Majingilane Male Lions. well i guess its not going to change because its gets old in google searches etc as you answered before.
1 user Likes fursan syed's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Exactly, Sometime people do it by emotion. it was my mistake.
I can not change it now for the exact reason you mentioned, i.e. google problem.
4 users Like sanjay's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-13-2016, 06:17 AM by peter )

(11-12-2016, 09:25 PM)fursan syed Wrote: i want to know which of my post is crap.. and without any evidence . i will delete it when get informed like i done it before.  yes there are some unanswered and foggy issues . all the people who followed mapogos in past know about those issues. i have direct contacts with many of rangers ,photographers, field guides even willem botha  i gather my info from them. i am here because when i visited first time to this forum i saw mapogos thread is not much big and i have pretty much more info to add it here. thats why i join the forum.

- I never said you post crap. The fact I have to repeat this underlines you don't read posts well. Work on it. Take your time in order to understand what the other is saying. Interacting starts with reading posts well. This also is a sign of respect. If you know exactly what the other is saying, you can respond in an adequate way. Adequate means you address the issue at hand in a way that leaves no doubt. If you add some respect, you'll be just fine. If you don't, misunderstandings could develop. They often are the start of problems. So is a lack of respect. 

- If you have a problem with a poster, don't start a fight but ask the mod responsible for the lion section (Majingilane) for advice. If you are unable to interact with the mod, don't discredit him, but talk to other mods or to Sanjay. And when you walk from problem to problem, take some time off to think about your attitude. When you interact with mods, remember they are important. Also remember they need to act in a responsable way at all times. When you discredit or sideline a mod, than don't complain about the results. They are no different from you, meaning they have feeling as well. Also remember all of us make mistakes. Not a few, but all the time.

- As for the Mapogos. This coalition featured in an interesting National Geographic documentary. They had quite a reputation. Although many followed them, not all questions were answered. If you want to help the forum, than try to answer them. Contacts with those in the know (rangers and photographers) are important, but cooperating with forum members and mods also helps. The more you cooperate, the better the chance you will succeed. Posters who understand this will be appreciated by many. Posters who don't, often run from problem to problem. When I said I don't want members crapping around, I mean I don't want problems over here. I like good information and knowledge, but I also appreciate members able to interact in a productive way. Members who know problems never produce anything. In this case, they resulted in a bad climate and dispersal of information. This is not what I want. I don't want readers to click their way into understanding. All information should be in one place.

- I know you're interested in the Mapogos. I also know you have access to good information. If you add reading to your qualities (like forum rules and posts of members) and if you're prepared to interact in a productive way (by cooperating), you're welcome to proceed. But remember moderators have the last word. They represent the owners. And what do the owners want? They want a forum about the natural world. Not the human world. A forum with good information and productive members who interact in a respectful way.

In short: we want to create a place of beauty about a world rapidly disappearing right in front of our eyes. This is what we want to prevent and in order to get there, we need members prepared to fight for those who can't. This goal can't be achieved if members fight each other. All clear?

Solving the Mapogo problem took a lot of time and energy. In my eyes, it's wasted energy as I couldn't use it in the way I wanted. Don't do this again.
5 users Like peter's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

@peter ,

the critical answers about the Mapogos Fall will never be answered because the lodge people don't want to speak anymore.
they can't come out and say, "yes we hired poachers or hunters to kill some of the Mapogos"

and when they refuse it many mapogo fans simply don't believe them.
In the Mapogo Fall there is a lack of trust to what lodge people say.
3 users Like LionKiss's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(11-13-2016, 06:09 AM)peter Wrote: Solving the Mapogo problem took a lot of time and energy.

In my eyes, it's wasted energy as I couldn't use it in the way I wanted. Don't do this again.

You did not solve any Mapogo problem at all, the problem is still there, there are several unanswered questions. 

All you did is just remind to the forum the Terms and Conditions for using this forum which has nothing to do with the mapogos or any lion at all.
2 users Like LionKiss's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-16-2016, 04:23 PM by peter )

(11-16-2016, 12:47 PM)LionKiss Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 06:09 AM)peter Wrote: Solving the Mapogo problem took a lot of time and energy.

In my eyes, it's wasted energy as I couldn't use it in the way I wanted. Don't do this again.

You did not solve any Mapogo problem at all, the problem is still there, there are several unanswered questions. 

All you did is just remind to the forum the Terms and Conditions for using this forum which has nothing to do with the mapogos or any lion at all.

Correct, wise guy. It should have been " ... solving the Mapogo thread interaction problem ... ", but it had been a long day. The message, however, stands. Members using this forum have to respect forum rules if they want to participate. 

One of us said lion posters seem to be involved in 'civil wars' quite often. I agree. In most cases, it's much ado about nothing, but it has an effect and someone has to clean up the mess. What I said in my last posts was 'not happening over here'. It was a message for those involved in the Mapogo interaction problem and it was followed by an official warning. 

Your post, this time directed at the co-owner, proves not all got the message. It also proves you don't really care. Neither do I.

We'll discuss a ban today. As far as I'm concerned, you're history.
1 user Likes peter's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@peter  i request you to as a member of a forum. To not to ban lionkiss.
1 user Likes fursan syed's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

(11-16-2016, 07:01 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @peter  i request you to as a member of a forum. To not to ban lionkiss.

The debate on my proposal to ban LionKiss resulted in an official warning, not a ban. Democracy did LionKiss a big favour, that is.
3 users Like peter's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

OK, since everything is according to the Terms of Use of this forum let's get back to the Mapogo Fall questions.
I just would like to know why Londolozi made this statement after MrT's death,
what do you think?

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-17-2016, 04:34 AM by Tshokwane )

(11-17-2016, 02:12 AM)LionKiss Wrote: I just would like to know why Londolozi made this statement after MrT's death

The answer to this is in the entire article from were that screenshot came from. 

Not from personal opinions of emotionally involved people.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

Just did a keyword search. Is this the article that's been excerpted from?
2 users Like tigerluver's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-17-2016, 05:52 AM)tigerluver Wrote: Just did a keyword search. Is this the article that's been excerpted from?

Seems like a normal takeover other than the fact that they were unable to raise their own offspring to adulthood due to internal conflict. Their genes wouldn't of lasted long regardless unless they learned to cooperate with one another and that didn't seem likely judging from their failures as parents according to the article written and videos I've seen. Mr. T seemed to be the most guilty of this behavior but I remember the video where he and another male left the pride only to be involved in a fight and he was forced back to the original pride where he immediately killed the cubs and the other males did nothing to stop him so it's more of a coalition failure as a whole I think.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

well it is also a fact that people of sabi sands are happy when mapogos falls. because they left too much dead lions behind their paws. also i think we all accept that it is human contribution in it no matter whats the circumstances are. Dreadlocks killing is proved. Mapogos Sub Adults killing is justified by willem botha and he blaim local population for that. Rasta Disappearance is remains a mystery because no body exactly knows what happened that night . how a lion faded away in air and they cant find a single bone of Rasta
3 users Like fursan syed's post