There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cryptozoology, Ghosts, Aliens and other mysteries

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

With the geographical and cultural diversity this forum offers, we may
glean some interesting accounts.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

(09-16-2014, 08:36 AM)'peter' Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 08:26 PM)'chaos' Wrote: Like to hear opinions, eyewitness acounts (if any) and the like on this topic.
I have always been fascinated with monsters, ghosts and ufo's. Perhaps
somebody has seen or experienced some type of paranormal activity and
would like to share their experience.

Unknown forest creatures still feature in stories in many parts of the world. There are reports and books. Most are dismissed or ridiculed, but some are not. I'd advice to read the book of A. Rabinowitz on jaguars in Belize when you can find it. 

Those who read the books of Jim Corbett appreciate his accurate descriptions, but they apparently failed to see that he was a very sensitive person who relied on well-developed senses. There were many things he didn't understand, but he trusted on instinct in spite of that. If you read his books more than once, the conclusion is he was a well-trained, but very lucky man.    

The next step could be feral children and everything connected. Than go to newspapers and articles. They are much more informative than you think. What are they really saying about Ukraine, Russia, Europe and the US? What about the plane that came down? Go to politics and try your luck on reports and specials. My guess is you would conclude everything that has some value for some reason for some is evasive to put it mildly. There are many secrets all over the place. Try to find your way. 

When interested in more, try to find something on the experiments with rabbits and submarines. The Russians know all about it and they are not the only ones. At some stage, you have to read a little bit about Egypt and Greece and than there is Einstein and those who used his insights. Those who inform the masses will try to make life easy and uncomplicated, but there is a lot more if you're interested and willing to try. 

I know a bit about people who got interested in other things. Some got involved in experiments. The outcome was very different from what they expected and I'll leave it at that. All left as soon as they could and they never returned. If you think you're interested in lions, be sure you really want to see them.

The island of Dr Moreau comes to mind. Several years back a strange creature washed up on the shoreline
of Montauk, NY.  Some claim it was the product of a government experiment gone awry. Not far offshore is
Plum island, home to a government animal testing facility. Not sure how it was explained away, but it was a
freakish looking creature dubbed the Montauk monster. Theories abound as to what it actually was. 

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 09:57 AM by GuateGojira )

(09-16-2014, 11:44 AM)'Vinod' Wrote: It seems Rolfcopters your watching "A Haunting" on Discovery Channel a lot these days. [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway this show (A Haunting) is full of bulls*** There was nothing on this show that didn't had any scientific explanation. Every episode ends in almost same manner. The family calls a priest he sprinkles some holy water, reads some stuff from Bible & voila! the ghost's gone [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It appears somone's trying to promote Christianity through this show.

This nonsense of ghost & jins is only fit to scare naughty kids & something to be laughed at & not to be taken seeriously. [img]images/smilies/sleepy.gif[/img]

UFOs are  a different matter altogather. I don't see why life cannot evolve on other planets the same way it did on Earth.

It is completely unfair to criticize a religion that we don’t know, although those shows, in many occasions, don’t even show real cases.

All cultures have knowledge of evil, but only Christianity show it like it is, and have successfully defeat it in all his forms. It is not just holy water and Bible, it is a real battle between entities that are far beyond our imagination.

We can’t just ignore the fact that are things that can’t be explained with simple “science”. Like I said before, these are very deep topics that if we going through them, we will found that there are many things that we can’t even imagine now.

Cryptozoology, UFO’s and Ghosts are huge themes, my question is which way will take this topic. Personally I am more interested in Cryptozoology, I am not a person of UFO’s and Ghosts.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 01:58 AM by Pckts )

(09-16-2014, 05:21 PM)'chaos' Wrote:
(09-15-2014, 08:26 PM)'chaos' Wrote: Like to hear opinions, eyewitness acounts (if any) and the like on this topic.

Unknown forest creatures still feature in stories in many parts of the world. There are reports and books. Most are dismissed or ridiculed, but some are not. I'd advice to read the book of A. Rabinowitz on jaguars in Belize when you can find it. 

Those who read the books of Jim Corbett appreciate his accurate descriptions, but they apparently failed to see that he was a very sensitive person who relied on well-developed senses. There were many things he didn't understand, but he trusted on instinct in spite of that. If you read his books more than once, the conclusion is he was a well-trained, but very lucky man.    

The next step could be feral children and everything connected. Than go to newspapers and articles. They are much more informative than you think. What are they really saying about Ukraine, Russia, Europe and the US? What about the plane that came down? Go to politics and try your luck on reports and specials. My guess is you would conclude everything that has some value for some reason for some is evasive to put it mildly. There are many secrets all over the place. Try to find your way. 

When interested in more, try to find something on the experiments with rabbits and submarines. The Russians know all about it and they are not the only ones. At some stage, you have to read a little bit about Egypt and Greece and than there is Einstein and those who used his insights. Those who inform the masses will try to make life easy and uncomplicated, but there is a lot more if you're interested and willing to try. 

I know a bit about people who got interested in other things. Some got involved in experiments. The outcome was very different from what they expected and I'll leave it at that. All left as soon as they could and they never returned. If you think you're interested in lions, be sure you really want to see them.

The island of Dr Moreau comes to mind. Several years back a strange creature washed up on the shoreline
of Montauk, NY.  Some claim it was the product of a government experiment gone awry. Not far offshore is
Plum island, home to a government animal testing facility. Not sure how it was explained away, but it was a
freakish looking creature dubbed the Montauk monster. Theories abound as to what it actually was. 

The "montauk monster" was nothing more than a decomposed animal washed a shore.
http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/...k-monster/
This is what I mean by Conspiracy non sense.
While this topic is highly debated, lets be honest. Nobody hear has ever seen anything, nobody hear has ever been abducted, spotted bigfoot, seen a ghost, etc. It's all hog wash, while its fun to discuss, how many crazy people out there have claimed voices talk to them, they see things, etc. Old days simply had no diagnosis for schizophrenia or hallucinations. Look how much it takes for use to believe a Tiger reaches the weight of 300kg, but yet we will blindly believe that ghosts are haunting us and abductions are happening right under our noses?

I 100% believe in life on other planets, galaxies etc. But I am realistic about it, the galaxy is so vast, the technology is different and the idea of "life" can be as microscopic as a Atom or the size of a dinosaur. Lets not forget the amount of time it takes to travel to a different planet, galaxy etc. By the time we reach a life bearing planet a species could of come and gone, remember, all life has a limited time frame. We simply exist until a star implodes, a asteriod hits, a sun burns up, etc. The odds of finding life that can find us as well are just incalculable.

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 10:30 AM by GuateGojira )

Pckts is right in one point, in my entire life I have never saw a cryptic animal, I have never knew about aliens and have never saw a ghost.

Before to write this, I made a great effort to remember ANY case about this in my life, but the only thing that I remember were a group of little white forms in the sky, like balloons, in 1993-1994, it was a hit in the TV in all Central America and some times it arise again in Mexico, but apart from that, nothing.

I have know cases of demonic possessions in modern times, trough television and from reliable sources. Most of this cases came from persons that practiced witchcraft or lived in places where terrible acts happened. However, it is very difficult to differentiate the "true" from the "false" situations, specially whey they came from channels that are now creating "documentaries" that deceive people (cof cof... discovery-channel mermaids and megalodons...cof cof).

Like I said before, my opinion is that if we are going to discuss something, we could focus on Cryptozoology, after all, this is the only theme that in fact, could have some direct evidence. Like a curious fact, Dr George Schaller complained that at this day, no one have invested in a serious investigation on the sasquash, despite the available evidence (IF there is any real evidence, put an eye on this). In fact, this create place for ALLLLLL the people that make fake evidence just to became famous.

Playing with my memories, I remember a great spotted-striped cat in Africa that acording with the natives, hunt and kill lions! Don't remember the name, but I will search it for you. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

India Vinod Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 11:10 AM by Vinod )

There are lot of unexplained mysteries around us time we cracked them here on "Wildfact" one by one
*This image is copyright of its original author

Why would anyone make an effort to carve these balls? what was their function? any clue[img]images/smilies/huh.gif[/img]

read more about these balls here:
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_12.htm
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/201...143217.htm

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 06:45 PM by chaos )

(09-18-2014, 01:57 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:

While this topic is highly debated, lets be honest. Nobody hear has ever seen anything, nobody hear has ever been abducted, spotted bigfoot, seen a ghost, etc. It's all hog wash, while its fun to discuss, how many crazy people out there have claimed voices talk to them, they see things, etc. Old days simply had no diagnosis for schizophrenia or hallucinations. Look how much it takes for use to believe a Tiger reaches the weight of 300kg, but yet we will blindly believe that ghosts are haunting us and abductions are happening right under our noses?

I 100% believe in life on other planets, galaxies etc. But I am realistic about it, the galaxy is so vast, the technology is different and the idea of "life" can be as microscopic as a Atom or the size of a dinosaur. Lets not forget the amount of time it takes to travel to a different planet, galaxy etc. By the time we reach a life bearing planet a species could of come and gone, remember, all life has a limited time frame. We simply exist until a star implodes, a asteriod hits, a sun burns up, etc. The odds of finding life that can find us as well are just incalculable.

What kind of animal was it? Like I said, theories abound. There are more than enough credible claims
out there to satisfy most skeptics. Some will always stay the course. You can't say with any degree of
certainty, nobody here has ever seen anything. Truthfully, most people who've experienced an encounter
are reluctant to acknowlege, out of fear of ridicule. The vast majority can be explained away, but there
remains a small percentage that defy explanation. I know  people myself - credible people - who've had
ghostly encounters or claim to have seen a ufo. Like I said its not really that uncommon. There are polls
that reflect a shockingly high percentage of people who have experienced some type of paranormal event.
The haunted society polled 11,060 people and a staggering 58% (6,403) stated yes, they've experienced
paranormal activity.

Likewise; in a Larry king live poll, topic being ufo's, 8% claimed to have personally seen one. 12% know
somebody who's seen one, and 2% believe they've encountered an extra terrestial life form. Hogwash? 
 You'd have a helluva time trying to convince the many thousands who've experienced these things first
hand - just in the USA - of that.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 07:06 PM by chaos )

(09-18-2014, 10:28 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: Pckts is right in one point, in my entire life I have never saw a cryptic animal, I have never knew about aliens and have never saw a ghost.

Before to write this, I made a great effort to remember ANY case about this in my life, but the only thing that I remember were a group of little white forms in the sky, like balloons, in 1993-1994, it was a hit in the TV in all Central America and some times it arise again in Mexico, but apart from that, nothing.

I have know cases of demonic possessions in modern times, trough television and from reliable sources. Most of this cases came from persons that practiced witchcraft or lived in places where terrible acts happened. However, it is very difficult to differentiate the "true" from the "false" situations, specially whey they came from channels that are now creating "documentaries" that deceive people (cof cof... discovery-channel mermaids and megalodons...cof cof).

Like I said before, my opinion is that if we are going to discuss something, we could focus on Cryptozoology, after all, this is the only theme that in fact, could have some direct evidence. Like a curious fact, Dr George Schaller complained that at this day, no one have invested in a serious investigation on the sasquash, despite the available evidence (IF there is any real evidence, put an eye on this). In fact, this create place for ALLLLLL the people that make fake evidence just to became famous.

Playing with my memories, I remember a great spotted-striped cat in Africa that acording with the natives, hunt and kill lions! Don't remember the name, but I will search it for you. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I find demonic posession and the like very unsettling. There are so many accounts and claims of hauntings and ufo sightings
that its impossible to dismiss. How do you capture, measure and weigh a spirit? Ufo's have been documented many times over
through video, first hand accounts, etc. Governments have ackowlegded - to a degree -unexplained encounters.

There are many military, airline and law enforcement officials who've stepped forward with first hand accounts of ufo and even
alien encounters. Can they all be summarily dismissed as nonsense?

I do agree cryptozoology is an intriguing topic. I've read, dna,  - supposedly from a bigfoot - that matches no database source,
has been found.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-18-2014, 05:02 PM)'chaos' Wrote:
(09-18-2014, 01:57 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:

What kind of animal was it? Like I said, theories abound. There are more than enough credible claims
out there to satisfy most skeptics. Some will always stay the course. You can't say with any degree of
certainty, nobody here has ever seen anything. Truthfully, most people who've experienced an encounter
are reluctant to acknowlege, out of fear of ridicule. The vast majority can be explained away, but there
remains a small percentage that defy explanation. I know  people myself - credible people - who've had
ghostly encounters or claim to have seen a ufo. Like I said its not really that uncommon. There are polls
that reflect a shockingly high percentage of people who have experienced some type of paranormal event.
The haunted society polled 11,060 people and a staggering 58% (6,403) stated yes, they've experienced
paranormal activity.

Likewise; in a Larry king live poll, topic being ufo's, 8% claimed to have personally seen one. 12% know
somebody who's seen one, and 2% believe they've encountered an extra terrestial life form. Hogwash? 
 You'd have a helluva time trying to convince the many thousands who've experienced these things first
hand - just in the USA - of that.

Did you read the link?
The canines matched up to a racoon or a dog. When a animal decomposes it doesn't keep its form, it bloats, looses its hair etc.
The real question is, find me proof that it is not a animal that exists on this planet. If people want to make extroidanary claims, they need a whole lot more proof than a decomposed animal that they want to say looks like a "chupacabra" or some other mythalogical beast. Look how many new species we discover, Im not saying they don't exist, but where are they, if they are mamals, where are they hiding, we research every inch of our planet more or less, most new discoveries are made from deep sea, and even then, they are happening less and less. A mamal that is walking around would be much easier to discover, especially if its the size of a dog or larger. They would need multiples of them to breed etc.

like the link already showed

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

No, I didn't need to. Unless there's a dna sample taken , its still simply
conjecture. Most claims - such as this - can be explained away, but not all
of them. The fact there's an animal research facility in such close proximity
only added to the allure. It could very well be a raccoon, but the beak makes
me wonder. 

Bigcat Enthusiast

Its not a beak its bone.http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/...onster.php — NRen2k5(TALK), 00:30, 7 August 2008 (UTC) This has been quoted and sourced in the article for a few days now. --McGeddon (talk) 08:56, 7 August 2008 (UTC) And not where it matters. The source positively identifies the carcass as that of a raccoon, but the wiki article only quotes it for some minor details. — NRen2k5(TALK), 10:23, 7 August 2008 (UTC)

But this is exactly what I am talking about, this is conspiracy non sense, "animal research facility close by"
What research facility, how many other research facilities exist, how do you know where it came from since it washed a shore, etc.
Anybody can make up more and more questions, but the end of the day, there is no bigfoot, no sasquatch, no Montauk monster, no chupacabra no Yeti, no Locness monster, etc.

The animals that exist are proven, studied and accepted. Until a new creature meets those requirements, it simply doesn't exist.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

So, you're a skeptic. No harm in that. It takes two sides to make any debate work.
Science can explain away alot, but not everything. Spirits/entities cannot be captured
and tagged. Ufo's, if extraterrestial in nature, are far more technologically advanced
than us, they're not likely to be captured and unless willing to initiate contact, won't
reveal their secrets anytime soon. Doesn't change the reality they do exist. Too many
people and reliable accounts to debunk.

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 12:04 AM by Pckts )

There is show after show, Squatch hunters, bigfoot hunters, lochness docs, ghost docs, all have proven one thing,
nothing exists. Imagine the financial gains and accolades one would have by making these discoveries. People are searching constantly but nothing has come of it.

People make lots of claims, like its stated, show me one person with proof.
If not, its nothing more than the claim of Moby Dick or boat sinking squids, or haunted houses or ghosts etc.
Sorry, but facts should take precedent over everything.
I'm not a "skeptic" I am simply a believer in fact.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 05:15 PM by chaos )

There are an estimated 70,000 ufo sightings reported each year. Thats just the ones reported. Most are not.
Its understandable why. Of these 95% can be explained or debunked. You can do the math. Various military,
airline and law enforcement officials have stepped forward and broken their silence on the issue. Damn even
a US president has claimed to see a ufo. Thats pretty compelling evidence, don't you think? Ghosts? Difficult
to gather stats on sightings, but its no stretch to believe they're in a similar ballpark with ufo sightings. All
through time there's been claims from every walk of life of hauntings and ghostly encounters. The Union
county courthouse located in downtown Elizabeth NJ, where I've worked on and off 20 years is haunted.
Several people I work with have encountered the ghost of a woman who worked many years for the county
surrogates office, who passed away in 90's. Doors slam shut, footsteps are heard, all when nobody is present.
They even hired a paranormal research team to document the activity just a few years back. I believe a tv
doc. was to be made on this very case. Don't know if it ever aired. This was rather fascinating stuff as it hit
very close to me. I never experienced anything out of the ordinary while there. Either way, there's a boatload
of evidence supporting the existence of both ufo's and spirits. As far as bigfoot and so on, I share a degree of
skepticism, due to the fact no carcass or bones have ever reportedly been found.

Bigcat Enthusiast

A ufo is simply is not a alien. A ufo is simply a Unidentified flying object. 
They just don't release a stealth bomber to the public the minute it is created. That technology was decades old before we heard about it.
Not sure where you get your #'s on UFO sightings, but they are meaningless. If 70,000 UFO's are sighted yearly then where is the proof?
Every person and their mom has a smart phone or camera at the tip of their finger.
Be realistic about it.