There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Friarfan619 Offline

Nah I've read that lions reappear often.  Or that's how I justify it to myself

Ttimemarti Offline

Idk my friends while in sabi sands these two got chased a lot and it was the smaller boy who was always getting beaten up seen injured skinny but his brother was always in top condition I just find it hard to believe he was the one who got caught BUT anything can happen and I am extremely worried
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Last I read nwas chased, I don't remember anyone seeing them with any wounds. Plus this is new territory for both.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

He may miraculously show up but unless he decided to go deep south where there aren't sightings, he is unfortunately gone.

Which is a shame, he was an amazing specimen, huge lion who would probably have a nice black mane.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Young jock with Matjulu son few days ago.
Credit: Philip Venter

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 10:25 PM by Brahim )

Mjejane males
3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-29-2024, 10:27 PM by Brahim )

Bigger Talamati assumed gone yeah, which is shame because he was very cool looking. Obviously small chance he was separated in a chase and will turn up with some other males some time but that would be rare.
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-29-2024, 10:26 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Bigger Talamati assumed gone yeah, which is shame because he was very cool looking. Obviously small chance he was separated in a chase and will turn up with some other males some time but that would be rare.

2 brothers where often separated and their bond was not that strong, so there is a chance he is still somewhere.

Its not rare that in Kruger lions "disappear" even for years and then show up, and he is only not seen for 2 months or something like that.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Darkmane jr did leave the pride and reappear a lot when he was younger
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Australia Ahmed Ali Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author
2008 .

Tshokwane picnic spot .
6 users Like Ahmed Ali's post

BigLion39 Offline

Not good news for 1/2 Makahola males the young HP male is no more supposedly. Mufundo on Safari posted this in the screenshot below. No other news, not sure what happened. If so then Stompie would be the last man standing.  

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-03-2024, 11:43 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Not good news for 1/2 Makahola males the young HP male is no more supposedly. Mufundo on Safari posted this in the screenshot below. No other news, not sure what happened. If so then Stompie would be the last man standing.  

What happened?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

BigLion39 Offline

(03-03-2024, 05:06 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: What happened?

Wish I had more info but supposedly territorial fight with s21 males he thinks. Supposedly somewhat long territorial battle over the time s21 males came into the arena there. I hope Mfundo elaborates a little more.

So any more info on 2 young, now separated, Shishangeni boys that were relocated to the dangerous and poaching heaven of Northern Kruger? 

2 more young males escaped the park by, I believe, Melenane area and were also relocated North. Why do these Rangers keep sending these animals to their death up North after saving them from certain death (escaping park boundaries) in the South? Seems most of these predetors are escaping by that area, Melenane?
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Both Makhohlola males just not seen in a while. Its thought s21 males pushed them out
4 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-08-2024, 07:27 PM by Brahim )

Darkmane Pretoriuskop & Sniptail Kambula this morning. Video of them on the guys Instagram story also.
Credit: Djnineofficial

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post