There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-30-2022, 10:27 PM by Tr1x24 )

S36 male and Kinky Tail, looks like left eye of s36 male is closed, although not sure how recent is this sighting :

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

2/3 S79 males looking very handsome.

*This image is copyright of its original author

12 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

2 remaining mjejane males.

12 users Like DARK MANE's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

South Shishangeni yesterday.
"Big male lion chased leopard and stole his kill. Lion took kill out tree and walked of into bushes". Credit: Mel

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 02:06 PM by Brahim )

Nkhulu, Dreadlocks & Lioness
9 users Like Brahim's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(12-31-2022, 02:05 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote:

Nkhulu, Dreadlocks & Lioness

Do we know what pride that lioness is from?
2 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-31-2022, 11:25 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Do we know what pride that lioness is from?

Those are prob their sisters, Nkuhlu breakaway's.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Super Moderator

(12-31-2022, 11:37 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-31-2022, 11:25 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Do we know what pride that lioness is from?

Those are prob their sisters, Nkuhlu breakaway's.

Oh, I was unaware they had sisters roaming with them. Thank you my friend!

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-31-2022, 11:39 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Oh, I was unaware they had sisters roaming with them. Thank you my friend!

They didn't come with them to Sabi Sands, but they hang with them in Kruger.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Southern Avoca yesterday on kruger sightings

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

A white lioness (the only one in wild) and a white male lion in the Kruger National park.

" A leucistic or "white" lion is very rare. In fact, there are only three left in the wild in all the world, and they're all located at the western side of Kruger National Park in South Africa. The Timbavati private reserve area is really the only place to see them dependably, since when they're in Kruger they're usually far from the roads and not readily viewed. On our visit we had the good fortune to see the only white lioness left in the wild, and one of the only two males. "
6 users Like Spalea's post

Gavskrr Offline

I don't think it's been posted here yet, does anyone recognize who this younger male is being chased? by the comments the other is one of the 2 remaining mjejanes

11 users Like Gavskrr's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-03-2023, 01:42 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: I don't think it's been posted here yet, does anyone recognize who this younger male is being chased? by the comments the other is one of the 2 remaining mjejanes

I think first is also Mjejane, T, male who is now presumed dead, as this was filmed in June.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

(01-03-2023, 02:07 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 01:42 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: I don't think it's been posted here yet, does anyone recognize who this younger male is being chased? by the comments the other is one of the 2 remaining mjejanes

I think first is also Mjejane, T, male who is now presumed dead, as this was filmed in June.

So, only Toya and the second one in this video is alive now among them?
3 users Like Lipstick2's post

Super Moderator

(01-03-2023, 06:33 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 02:07 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

So, only Toya and the second one in this video is alive now among them?

It hasn't been confirmed, but the second one in this video was found badly injured a little while ago, while Toya was off mating, and the third one T has not been seen since. It was believed they had been in a fight with another coalition, and that the Mjejanes lost their pride in the process. Given the third male, T, is presumed dead based on everything that transpired, and the fact that his brothers have been wandering without him ever since, but it was never confirmed to my knowledge.