There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-16-2022, 11:21 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: The 2 Afsaal males, if im not wrong, have not been seen for a long time. Any updates?

Posted to fb yesterday

South Shishangeni male with his friend east bank male

Credit:Ciaran77

Attached Files Image(s)

14 users Like criollo2mil's post

Ngonya Offline

(09-16-2022, 09:13 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: @Ngonya  That is when T was still alive in Feb 2022

Yes, my bad, when i realized about it (reading on facebook), i was already leaving my house, i came back just now, but yes, it is from february, thank you and i am sorry
3 users Like Ngonya's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-17-2022, 02:56 AM)Ngonya Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 09:13 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: @Ngonya  That is when T was still alive in Feb 2022

Yes, my bad, when i realized about it (reading on facebook), i was already leaving my house, i came back just now, but yes, it is from february, thank you and i am sorry

No worries, it happens, especially when the poster of these images in other venues doesn't insert the date the image was captured. We've all been caught by the same thing.
5 users Like BA0701's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 02:49 PM by Brahim )

In that sighting recently posted by @criollo2mil Afsaal males were chasing those 4 jock breakaway boys, but they didn't catch them.
5 users Like Brahim's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(09-17-2022, 02:48 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: In that sighting recently posted by @criollo2mil Afsaal males were chasing those 4 jock breakaway boys, but they didn't catch them.

how manys sons did mpond male sired ?

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 10:20 PM by Mabingilane )

Mpondo males took the territory of jock and Afsaal in November 2019. At this time, the 2 Thompson/Jhosekulu males already had cubs with the jock pride and they all left the area when 4 or 5 Mpondos came in, including the Jock girls and cubs (sired by Thompson males). I remember this and also read the updates from 2019 recently. 

If these 4 boys are born before November 2019 then they are not Mpondo sons
4 users Like Mabingilane's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-17-2022, 10:19 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: If these 4 boys are born before November 2019 then they are not Mpondo sons

Yea, based of this, these guys should not be Mpondo sons, although i dont know where Jock Breakaway's are located or when Mpondos mated with them. 

I know there is one young male, son of Thompson males from Jock pride (not sure his current status).
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

(09-17-2022, 10:56 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 10:19 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: If these 4 boys are born before November 2019 then they are not Mpondo sons

Yea, based of this, these guys should not be Mpondo sons, although i dont know where Jock Breakaway's are located or when Mpondos mated with them. 

I know there is one young male, son of Thompson males from Jock pride (not sure his current status).

did mpond males father any sons ?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Vurhami S28 male, looking better :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(09-18-2022, 12:32 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(09-17-2022, 10:56 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

did mpond males father any sons ?

They do not have many sons that we know of, 3 Renosterkoppies males were thought to be their sons, but then we discovered 2 of them actually came from N’was pride so are brothers to N’was males from Sabi Sands. Which means 1/3 Renosterkoppies is the only son I know of. They probably should have more sons from Renosterkoppies and Mpondo prides.
7 users Like Mdz123's post

did Nsemani male ( senior mbiri) and rockfig partner still alive ?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 03:40 PM by Brahim )

@Mdz123 That one Renosterkoppies is not theirs also, likely sired by the 5 old Jocks due to timing and he is spitting image of one of the old jocks.
3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

The one sub male in Jock pride is definitely son of Thompson males, but apparently the 4 Jock breakaway males are sons of Mpondos. They were fathered by the collared lioness and when the Mpondos moved north the lioness and the 4 followed them. Not sure when they were sired by Mpondo males il have to ask the rangers, but Mpo dos were at Jock early 2019, I know Thompson males held onto later that year, but they were constantly moving south avoiding Mpondos and one or 2 lioness broke off to mate with them, that's what Jock says anyway.
6 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-19-2022, 03:38 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: The one sub male in Jock pride is definitely son of Thompson males, but apparently the 4 Jock breakaway males are sons of Mpondos. They were fathered by the collared lioness and when the Mpondos moved north the lioness and the 4 followed them. Not sure when they were sired by Mpondo males il have to ask the rangers, but Mpo dos were at Jock early 2019, I know Thompson males held onto later that year, but they were constantly moving south avoiding Mpondos and one or 2 lioness broke off to mate with them, that's what Jock says anyway

Yea, it could be that Mpondos mated with some lioness before late 2019.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

All 3 Lower Sabie males couple months back.
Credit: Sigmund Storm

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post