There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(07-19-2022, 03:15 PM)lionuk Wrote: Two Sweni males seen recently
Credit: wildlife photographer

*This image is copyright of its original author
where is the third male
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Gavskrr Offline

4 Sweni males (not the same as the coalition of 3 which is a bit confusing). Photos of 2 of them were already posted months before, I believe and some said they could be sons of Kumana males
Credits: Big on Wild
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
8 users Like Gavskrr's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2022, 02:05 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-20-2022, 01:02 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: 4 Sweni males (not the same as the coalition of 3 which is a bit confusing). Photos of 2 of them were already posted months before, I believe and some said they could be sons of Kumana males
Credits: Big on Wild

Why is he calling them Sweni males? Do they come from Sweni pride or what? 

To me they look like sons of Mazithi pride males, based of face structures.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

This sighting was on s126 near sweni younger by umar daya but doubt their origin is known or where they come from. But yeah as gavsker said these were the 2 at Kumana dam last time. Think Kumana as fathers is based on looks and that Kumana males had 5 sons but there's no proof in that. But yeah too many sweni males will be hard to find stuff

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

1/3 mjejane male , toya, mating with biyamati female. What a huge lion he is.... 

13 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-20-2022, 03:49 AM)Brahimlegend Wrote: This sighting was on s126 near sweni younger by umar daya but doubt their origin is known or where they come from. But yeah as gavsker said these were the 2 at Kumana dam last time. Think Kumana as fathers is based on looks and that Kumana males had 5 sons but there's no proof in that. But yeah too many sweni males will be hard to find stuff

Are these guys territorial?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tr1x24 No idea
1 user Likes Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Blondie Renosterkoppies male 
10:55am today
3 Lion stationary
"Still there"
S4, 2.2km N of S1 Near Skukuza 5/5
Tinged by Jo

5 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

One of Renosterkoppies males as a cub
He was born in N'wasiwishaka Pride & breakaway, younger brother of N'wasiwishaka males

7 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/3 Biyamiti males with the pride on the S65
It's great to see those young cubs sired by the Biyamiti males, grandkids of the Eastern Bank males. I can see at least five cubs in that picture. Sweet! 
Pic credit: wildlife photographer

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-20-2022, 04:50 PM by lionuk )

1/5 Gomondwane males mating, Dark mane male
Filmed last week

South Africa rouxtjie1979 Offline
New Join

First post...hi all, awesome thread. I try and follow coalitions of KNP closely and trying to go at least 3 times a year.

Going in Oct and will make sure to give some info on sightings here.

Back at end of March this year...saw whole Sweni pride(-1 of the males) but with all 5 females and cubs. Pride and especially the males are looking fantastic
Also got to see Satara pride(well that is what the ranger called them)...one female has a "tennis elbow" growth followed by the 4 Shish coalition. Casper gave us a roar show, I must admit that the Sweni males were in better overall condition than the Shish coalition
Also got to see the s79 males on a giraffe kill...now those guys were impressive...but very very grumpy around food

8 users Like rouxtjie1979's post

South Africa rouxtjie1979 Offline
New Join

Here is the "satara" pride...note the one female's elbow growth. They called here "gogo" 

11 users Like rouxtjie1979's post

South Africa Wyld@Heart Offline

(07-20-2022, 04:31 PM)rouxtjie1979 Wrote: Also got to see the s79 males on a giraffe kill...now those guys were impressive...but very very grumpy around food

Howzit boet, welcome. Was at the same giraffe kill as well in March. Who knows, we probably drove right past each other! Satara is our favourite camp but once a year is our thing, Margate is just a little too far away to do anything else I'm afraid so I'll be looking forward to your posts come October.
7 users Like Wyld@Heart's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-21-2022, 12:35 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-20-2022, 04:31 PM)rouxtjie1979 Wrote: Also got to see the s79 males on a giraffe kill...now those guys were impressive...but very very grumpy around food

That video was posted here (cant find it now). 

I didn't taught that s79 males where that impressive before, but they dwarfed female lionesses on that video, looking massive.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post