There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Gavskrr Offline

(06-12-2021, 03:13 AM)Psyckoo Wrote: Hi everyone, when i read about actual coalitions, i see many time the name Old Tshkowane, Old Mazithi, Old Shukuza...
I wanted to ask did someone have more information about these coalition, who many they were, who many time they rules, their legacy ? Or we don't have much infos about them...

And finally who sired Renerskoppies males ? Mpondo or Old Sand river males ?

Thanks a lot

Renosterkoppies are spawned by males Mpondo
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-12-2021, 03:13 AM)Psyckoo Wrote: Hi everyone, when i read about actual coalitions, i see many time the name Old Tshkowane, Old Mazithi, Old Shukuza...
I wanted to ask did someone have more information about these coalition, who many they were, who many time they rules, their legacy ? Or we don't have much infos about them...

Thanks a lot

Ok, lets go..

Old Tshokwanes where 3 males that where dominant around Tshokwane from around 2004/5 to prob around 2010.. They are fathers of 2 Old Mazithis and possibly some of Majingilanes..

Old Mazithis where 2 males that where dominant around Mazithi Dam and pride from around 2008/9 until 2015/16, they sired Mantimahles, 2 Mazithi (current Lubyelubye pride males) and possibly 3 current (only 2 alive now) Mazithi pride males, althrough its not clear if they are their fathers, because those 3 males oust them in 2015/16..

Old Skukuza males where 3 males who where dominant around Skukuza/KNP Lion Sands and Hilda's Rock Pride from around 2006/7 until around 2012, they sired 3 Sand River males and 4 Kumana males.

Theres not much known about these coalitions..

For Renosterkoppies males, yes, current Renosterkoppies males are sired by Mpondos..

But we had few generations of Renosterkoppies males over the years..

2 Renosterkoppies males (born around 2010/11, male with scared nose and his brother) where sired by Old Sand River males, they where known for being in bad condition with mange in their nomadic days around 2015/16, i think they where last seen in 2018.. 

Then we had Renosterkoppies male, know as "nomadic Renosterkoppies male", he was born around 2012/13, idk who sired him, he was also last seen in 2018 with 2 older Nwaswitshaka brothers..

Hope this helps.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Psyckoo Offline

(06-12-2021, 04:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Thanks a lot

Ok, lets go..

Old Tshokwanes where 3 males that where dominant around Tshokwane from around 2004/5 to prob around 2010.. They are fathers of 2 Old Mazithis and possibly some of Majingilanes..

Old Mazithis where 2 males that where dominant around Mazithi Dam and pride from around 2008/9 until 2015/16, they sired Mantimahles, 2 Mazithi (current Lubyelubye pride males) and possibly 3 current (only 2 alive now) Mazithi pride males, althrough its not clear if they are their fathers, because those 3 males oust them in 2015/16..

Old Skukuza males where 3 males who where dominant around Skukuza/KNP Lion Sands and Hilda's Rock Pride from around 2006/7 until around 2012, they sired 3 Sand River males and 4 Kumana males.

Theres not much known about these coalitions..

For Renosterkoppies males, yes, current Renosterkoppies males are sired by Mpondos..

But we had few generations of Renosterkoppies males over the years..

2 Renosterkoppies males (born around 2010/11, male with scared nose and his brother) where sired by Old Sand River males, they where known for being in bad condition with mange in their nomadic days around 2015/16, i think they where last seen in 2018.. 

Then we had Renosterkoppies male, know as "nomadic Renosterkoppies male", he was born around 2012/13, idk who sired him, he was also last seen in 2018 with 2 older Nwaswitshaka brothers..

Hope this helps.

That help a lot thanks..
Your knowledge is very appreciated.

I just have a last question about Old Mazithi, i also read that they were related to Old Skybed, did you have any info about this one ? Or is just speculation...
1 user Likes Psyckoo's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-13-2021, 02:46 AM)Psyckoo Wrote: That help a lot thanks..
Your knowledge is very appreciated.

I just have a last question about Old Mazithi, i also read that they were related to Old Skybed, did you have any info about this one ? Or is just speculation...

No info about that, dont know who said that but its very unlikely and no evidence as far as I know..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Online
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 06-13-2021, 04:28 PM by Brahim )

1 of the 7 Satara Boys. This one is meant to be 1 of the 2 more dominant males of the seven.

On June 6, 2021 on H7, the Sir is not happy with the cold rain... and then he decided to take the road...
Credit: Roper Botes Photography 

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Are there any coalitions that exist in the area inbetween the Kruger males, and the Torchwood-fourways coalition?
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

Brahim Online
Moderators

Update on 7 Satara boys and kumana and Maputo Male. 
Brian rode:
No, the Maputo Male is not relaxed around vehicles. Yesterday we saw two young males entering into the concession. They were too far away to get photos. This morning there were 7 young males seen on the H6 headed in this direction. This morning the Kumana Male was again seen with the Maputo Male. Kumana had a new puncture wound under one of his eyes and was bleeding from the nose, but otherwise looked fine.
2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Online
Moderators

@Tonpa I’m confused do you mean who’s the closest coalitions to them coming from kruger?
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(06-13-2021, 06:36 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @Tonpa I’m confused do you mean who’s the closest coalitions to them coming from kruger?

Yep sorry! Which males can be found in this area here 
*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Sleepily dominant male of the Ngotso Lion Pride

4 users Like lionuk's post

Brahim Online
Moderators

@Tonpa that spot is mainly run by those Kruger/torchwood males not really many threats for them. To the south 5th Mantimahle and sons were with plains camp before but not sure on their status now. There’s a young male seen on s33 sometimes mating but not sure who he is. To the north they have the Hamilton males near the camp and Nwaswitsontso males near s125 but there’s distance between them and they have there own thing going on so doubt they would come for them. But you know could be some nomads around too we don’t see much from here
4 users Like Brahim's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(06-13-2021, 07:39 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @Tonpa that spot is mainly run by those Kruger/torchwood males not really many threats for them. To the south 5th Mantimahle and sons were with plains camp before but not sure on their status now. There’s a young male seen on s33 sometimes mating but not sure who he is. To the north they have the Hamilton males near the camp and Nwaswitsontso males near s125 but there’s distance between them and they have there own thing going on so doubt they would come for them. But you know could be some nomads around too we don’t see much from here

Thank you!
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Lukimbi pride with Mjejane males

8 users Like Potato's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Brothers in arms! 
Two of the Three mighty brothers of Boyela male coalition spotted at H1-7, Dokweni near Babalala, Sirheni, Kruger National Park.
#KrugerNationalpark #Shingwedzi #Sirheni 
By Naturally Wild by UD

9 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The enormous one of the  Young Jock males near Berg en Dal 
#KrugerNationalPark #Malelane

By Jaco Stegmann

8 users Like titose's post