There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
WildFact YouTube Channel, You can share your video via WildFact YouTube Channel, Click here to read Details

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Captive Lion and Tiger weights

Canada Kingtheropod Offline
Bigcat Expert

Boboo the African lion is no longer a tiny cub.

Weighing 471 pounds and with a scruffy mane emerging, the 3 1/2-year-old is grown up and ready to lead his own pride. That’s why the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium shipped him to the Phoenix Zoo this week, a new home with enough space — should the right female arrive.
Boboo arrived Monday and is doing well, the Phoenix Zoo announced Tuesday.
He’ll be introduced to a 20-year-old female African lion, Cookie, and live in an exhibit with her if they get along. They will not breed.
The nonprofit Association of Zoos and Aquariums, a group of more than 230 accredited institutions in the United States and abroad, recommended Boboo move to Arizona. The Phoenix Zoo’s 8-year-old male lion, Kitambi, died in August from an infection. Kitambi also was born at the Columbus Zoo, and he and Boboo have the same parents.

https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190312/b...lion-pride

Canada Kingtheropod Offline
Bigcat Expert
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 11:23 AM by Kingtheropod )

Caprichio is our largest tiger at Carolina Tiger Rescue.  He weighs 478 pounds and it is all muscle!  This big boy takes time to get used to things.  However, once he warms up to new experiences, he is as relaxed as can be.  He also loves attention from passersby.

He currently weighs over 480 lbs now...

Caprichio is the largest tiger at Carolina Tiger Rescue currently weighing in at over 480 pounds.  We have had some overweight cats before but Caprichio is all muscle!  This big boy has a beautiful, bright orange coat and a head so large you can't miss it!  Caprichio does have a bowed back leg that is likely due to malnutrition as a cub and he walks with a bit of a limp, but he does not let it slow him down!

https://carolinatigerrescue.org/species/...hio-tiger/

Rajah has a laid-back attitude and is a favorite on the tour.  He is about 9 feet tall when he stands up on his hind legs and weighed 336 pounds when most recently weighed in April 2018.

https://carolinatigerrescue.org/species/tiger/rajah-tiger/
1 user Likes Kingtheropod's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Moderators

(02-24-2019, 11:05 AM)andeancat Wrote: The late Mohan (RIP), one of the most beautiful Asiatic Lions I have seen.  Right before he was put to sleep he weighed 182.5 kg.  He was 16.5 years old. 

*This image is copyright of its original author
Mohan watching his territory by Korkeasaaren eläintarha, on Flickr

Mohan was a good father to his cubs by Korkeasaaren eläintarha, on Flickr

Mohan and the strange creature in the snow by Korkeasaaren eläintarha, on Flickr

https://www.korkeasaari.fi/urosleijonan-...asaaressa/#!

A much younger Mohan.  I would have loved to see how much he weighed in his prime.

So now we have the confirmed weights of Lucifer 190 kg, Mohan 182.5 kg before death, and 178 kg Paris.  I was also told by the research coordinator the Dublin Zoo: "Our adult fully grown females weigh around 130 – 140kg and adult males weigh around 180kg. We do not have any length measurements." 

I forgot to mention earlier, but Mohan was really a good looking lion. I have visited that zoo every year and he was really nice to see every time. Right on opposite were and are Amur tigers of Korkeasaari zoo. Sometimes both big cats roaring one after another :) Of course often just relaxing, but luckily not always.

Finland Shadow Offline
Moderators

(02-24-2019, 11:05 AM)andeancat Wrote: The late Mohan (RIP), one of the most beautiful Asiatic Lions I have seen.  Right before he was put to sleep he weighed 182.5 kg.  He was 16.5 years old. 

Mohan watching his territory by Korkeasaaren eläintarha, on Flickr

Mohan was a good father to his cubs by Korkeasaaren eläintarha, on Flickr

Mohan and the strange creature in the snow by Korkeasaaren eläintarha, on Flickr

https://www.korkeasaari.fi/urosleijonan-...asaaressa/#!

A much younger Mohan.  I would have loved to see how much he weighed in his prime.

So now we have the confirmed weights of Lucifer 190 kg, Mohan 182.5 kg before death, and 178 kg Paris.  I was also told by the research coordinator the Dublin Zoo: "Our adult fully grown females weigh around 130 – 140kg and adult males weigh around 180kg. We do not have any length measurements." 

Btw I asked from Korkeasaari zoo. Veterinarian from Korkeasaari said, that in his prime condition Mohan was about 220 kg.

Malaysia johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(03-02-2019, 08:08 PM)Sanju Wrote:

The day that @blackjaguarwhitetiger rescued the Mighty Jimbo. As you can see, agents from @profepa_mx helped them out in everything. This is a quarantine area by the way. Now he's with his GF hermosa in a habitat.

And for the record, Han and him weighted exactly the same 507 Pounds (230 Kilos) at that time...

Maybe Jimbo and Han weigh the same but Jimbo is much more impressive, because it looks like Jimbo is taller, have larger skull and maybe longer than Han. I think Jimbo and Ali have the same body size in terms of shoulder height, skull length, etc. I think Jimbo is a Southern African lion too just like Ali.
1 user Likes johnny rex's post

United States paul cooper Offline

Male siberian tiger weighs 186 KG.

https://youtu.be/boPUfS69vd8?t=10
Show your worth by what you seek!

United States paul cooper Offline

"Yuri, an 8-year-old, 435-pound Amur tiger, arrived in late January from Bronx Zoo, according to a news release. His arrival was at the recommendation of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums' Species Survival Plan. Yuri's new home will be in the zoo's The EDGE exhibit."

https://coloradocommunitymedia.com/stori...zoo,277720?
Show your worth by what you seek!

India Sanju Offline
Indian

When Need turns to Greed, our Extinction happens.