There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brown Bears (Info, Pics and Videos)

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to @joedesjardins.ca

I can still hear the "clicking" of these ivory diggers. Damn those are big!

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

I put this here even though this is black bear. Just so fun video to watch and makes wonder if thumbs are overrated Wink This seems to be original without added sound effects.

1 user Likes Shadow's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Joakim Olsson.

Big Finnish/Russian bear

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Joakim Olsson.

My first night in photohide in Finland - heavy rain and thunder.

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to John Morrison - grizzlyphotographer.com.

Grizzly bear I photographed in the Grand Teton National Park - it was early morning and no one else was up except he and I.

6 users Like Tshokwane's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 07:15 PM by brotherbear )

http://www.conservation-lab.com/blog/tra...GdhW1v-SPw 

HOW TRAVEL SPELLED THE END OF GRIZZLY BEAR HUNTING IN BC
3 users Like brotherbear's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

The release of 2 captured Montana Male Grizzlies 

3 users Like Pckts's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(12-21-2018, 02:14 AM)Pckts Wrote: The release of 2 captured Montana Male Grizzlies 

Damn that second one was really pissed. They have a good system to open those doors. Or should that be called gate...
3 users Like Shadow's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 07:09 PM by Shadow )

Here two longer videos about Kodiak bear hunting. Even if not liking hunting, I think, that these videos give good information about many things in Kodiak Islands. Even though there is permitted some hunting, bear population there is big considered to area, where they live and hunting is well monitored and controlled to keep bear population healthy. I would say, that part 2 is maybe a little bit more interesting, but I watched both without problems. Much better, than some "documentaries" where host screams like a madman "WOW" "CRAZY" "HUUUUGE..." even when seeing a mouse... down-to-earth talking here.

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

Bears can relax too and enjoy :)

3 users Like Shadow's post

Canada Wolverine Away

3 users Like Wolverine's post

China Smilodon-Rex Offline

Grizzly bear's range from history to nowadays

Where the bear species covering modern North America

3 users Like Smilodon-Rex's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 07:07 PM by Shadow )

(01-07-2019, 04:22 PM)Smilodon-Rex Wrote:

I just have to put here one video, where are real encounters with bears from Russia. Even though situations are funny looking, it is good to remember, that there you see wild bears and people. Many times these animals are presented in very dramatic way. For sure they need to be respected, but same time people really should remember too, that they are dangerous to humans only in exceptional situations, when usually someone really manages to surprise them, going too close to carcass etc. or in between mother bear and cubs. Of course kill people sometimes, but that is rare and many times happens, because people have no idea about their behavior. 5:08 starts one of my favorites, what comes to bear encounters :)

Here then again you can see real situation with bear expert and mother bear. From 0:44 to 1:06 you can see how bear makes false/warning attacks and how calmly that man backs off.

China Smilodon-Rex Offline

(01-07-2019, 06:49 PM)Shadow Wrote:

I just have to put here one video, where are real encounters with bears from Russia. Even though situations are funny looking, it is good to remember, that there you see wild bears and people. Many times these animals are presented in very dramatic way. For sure they need to be respected, but same time people really should remember too, that they are dangerous to humans only in exceptional situations, when usually someone really manages to surprise them, going too close to carcass etc. or in between mother bear and cubs. Of course kill people sometimes, but that is rare and many times happens, because people have no idea about their behavior. 5:08 starts one of my favorites, what comes to bear encounters :)

Here then again you can see real situation with bear expert and mother bear. From 0:44 to 1:06 you can see how bear makes false/warning attacks and how calmly that man backs off.

Bears would kill dozens of people every year in Russia.....have you known the latest news that a Russian brown bear has killed his owner who took care him for many years since the young, Brown bear is easily to out of control because it's a smart and powerful carnivore, the similar example like elephant, they all own high intelligence which means they can easy to be kind with human being but also easy to be mad psychologically and choose to attack human being
  Greetings
2 users Like Smilodon-Rex's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 08:06 PM by Shadow )

(01-07-2019, 07:27 PM)Smilodon-Rex Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 06:49 PM)Shadow Wrote:

Bears would kill dozens of people every year in Russia.....have you known the latest news that a Russian brown bear has killed his owner who took care him for many years since the young, Brown bear is easily to out of control because it's a smart and powerful carnivore, the similar example like elephant, they all own high intelligence which means they can easy to be kind with human being but also easy to be mad psychologically and choose to attack human being
  Greetings

I know. They have biggest brown bear population in the world and as that video show, also many people acting stupidly Grin I live myself in area where bears can be met in forest, so that thing is nothing unfamiliar for me. Basically every time I go out, there is theoretical possibility to see/meet a bear.  Still I don´t take gun or pepper spray with me when I go to the woods in spring/summer/autumn. And no fear for bears.

It is of course possible to get killed by a bear, but that is either very bad luck, carelessness or ignorance almost every time. Last time in Finland when someone died by a bear attack was about 20 years ago. There are encounters time to time, but bears aren´t aggressive towards people normally. As I said, there are situations, where bear can be unpredictable and even aggressive, but those are rare situations and quite well known if knowing and understanding bear behavior.