There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Big cat and Bear tale

Russian Federation Diamir2 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-20-2017, 01:06 AM by Diamir2 )

it was Noor?
https://www.ranthambhoreguides.com/tigers/noor?sort=-zone&page=3&per-page=10

*This image is copyright of its original author

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpgNbiBuHWk

2 users Like Diamir2's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-20-2017, 01:43 AM by Pckts )

(12-20-2017, 12:44 AM)Diamir2 Wrote: it was Noor?

I thought the body frame reminded me more of a sub adult than an Adult, seemed a bit more stocky and full bellied with a smaller head but it's really hard to tell with the blurred images.
The only sub adult it could be I think would be one of T-60's cubs.

Here's one from this past May 
The right leg stripes look very close to the video above

all of them from this past April

3 users Like Pckts's post

( This post was last modified: 12-26-2017, 03:05 PM by Diamir2 )

(12-20-2017, 01:42 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(12-20-2017, 12:44 AM)Diamir2 Wrote: it was Noor?

I thought the body frame reminded me more of a sub adult than an Adult, seemed a bit more stocky and full bellied with a smaller head but it's really hard to tell with the blurred images.
The only sub adult it could be I think would be one of T-60's cubs.

Here's one from this past May 
The right leg stripes look very close to the video above

all of them from this past April

surely,it was an unknown young tiger

1 user Likes Diamir2's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Yep, it's not Noor...Sorry.

Their left flank is kinda similar & got me confused. But right flank is totally different.
@Diamir2 how did you even pause it there without blurring?

2 users Like Rishi's post

United States paul cooper Offline
Banned

Inexperienced subadult tigress. Next
1 user Likes paul cooper's post

4 users Like Diamir2's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

http://abcnews.go.com/International/vlad...d=32462122 

“By the time we arrived at his hunting-ground, there wasn’t much left of Boris’ feast,” Vyacheslav Kastrikin, the park’s deputy director, told Interfax. “So it was hard to say if it was a brown bear or an Asian black bear."
3 users Like brotherbear's post

Grizzly Enthusiast

Whenever a tiger is found feeding on the carcass of a grizzly, or a grizzly is discovered feeding upon the carcass of a tiger, I come to no rash conclusions. Especially if both animals are mature males. I do believe that such killings take place in the Russian wilderness - both ways - but I believe that such primordial battles between these two Lords of the Russian taiga are uncommon. It is also interesting that both the tiger and the grizzly hunt, battle, and kill the giant Russian wild boar. A highly aggressive and dangerous prey choice yet a favorite of both predators.
4 users Like brotherbear's post

Canada GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators

(12-30-2017, 06:20 PM)brotherbear Wrote: Whenever a tiger is found feeding on the carcass of a grizzly, or a grizzly is discovered feeding upon the carcass of a tiger, I come to no rash conclusions. Especially if both animals are mature males. I do believe that such killings take place in the Russian wilderness - both ways - but I believe that such primordial battles between these two Lords of the Russian taiga are uncommon. It is also interesting that both the tiger and the grizzly hunt, battle, and kill the giant Russian wild boar. A highly aggressive and dangerous prey choice yet a favorite of both predators.

The bears are opportunists who are not so picky about the preys, and it would eat whatever it is available to them.

Even the bones of the Cave lions were known to get chewed by the more herbivorous Cave bears, so the scenario of the bears feeding on the big cats' carcass on the wild shouldn't be that uncommon. On the other way around, the big cats were also infamously known for feeding on the hibernating bears.
6 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

United States paul cooper Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2018, 04:33 AM by paul cooper )

(12-19-2017, 11:50 PM)Pckts Wrote: I'm no graphic designer that's for sure but here's my attempt at comparing both.
The bear is a little closer to the camera, the tiger runs behind the true and the bear runs in front, but still cool to see.

@Pckts 

The tiger is smaller then the female bear. The tiger is clearly a cub.
2 users Like paul cooper's post

Grizzly Enthusiast

The bear is closer to the camera. In the video, the tiger ( male or female ) did not look like a juvenile at all. But, why the big fuss about it? A mother bear is being protective of her cubs; perfectly natural. In the beginning of the video, the tiger was lounging; meaning ( he or she ) was not hunting - thus not very hungry. The tiger simply had no reason to press a fight. Really no big deal.
2 users Like brotherbear's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

It’s t-60s sub adult son, it was discussed the page before @paul cooper
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Grizzly Enthusiast

Only in the R.F.E.

4 users Like brotherbear's post

Grizzly Enthusiast

In India, where lions live, according to Wolverine, and I believe him, there are no sloth bears. A sloth bear, when he feels threatened, can be highly aggressive. He can sometimes fight off even a big male tiger. But lions have a huge advantage - numbers. One bear, especially one as small as a sloth bear cannot fight off two or more lions.
In the distant past, let's say several thousand years ago, there were grizzlies ( Ursus arctos ) living pretty much throughout all of Northern Asia, Europe, and N. America. Wolverine is absolutely right, I feel certain. No grizzly would dare to challenge more than a single lion over a carcass. A pride of lions, or a coalition of male lions, might even choose a healthy grizzly boar as potential prey. Therefore, even a grizzly would avoid locations inhabited by lions. 
It may be that, in Pleistocene N. America that perhaps prides of Smilodons were as great a threat to the grizzly as was the giant short-faced bears. But fossil evidence proves that grizzlies did live there, although it appears so in relatively small numbers. I can't even imagine a mother grizzly with cubs in such a place and time. No wonder the bad attitude of a mother grizzly.
6 users Like brotherbear's post

Grizzly Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 02:49 PM by Rishi )

2 users Like brotherbear's post