There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Abhishek Bandhavgarh
Chota Bheem

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Pckts's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

Waghdoh's son Shiva

Any whereabouts of Waghdoh? If he is alive, then he is close to breaking Macchli's record
1 user Likes Charger01's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-23-2021, 01:29 PM)Khan85 Wrote: Waghdoh's son Shiva

Any whereabouts of Waghdoh? If he is alive, then he is close to breaking Macchli's record

Waghdoh is still seen in the buffer every now and then.

Siddharth Sanjay
Having a great interest in wildlife this is one of the best sightings I have done till now in my life ! Lucky to see this full built Male tiger “Bunty” in the Kolsa zone of Tadoba Tiger Reseve from Zari gate...!

2 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Pckts, he is Shivaji’s son. Although, he might as well be Shiva’s son. He looks like a mixture of the two.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-23-2021, 11:50 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts, he is Shivaji’s son. Although, he might as well be Shiva’s son. He looks like a mixture of the two.

That I'm not sure about, he quotes him as Shivaji's son but I don't know. His stripe patter seems to match Shiva *Wagdoh* son but I wonder if they've been mixing Shiva and Bunty up the whole time?

@Rage2277 or @Roflcopters 

Any thoughts?

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 12:18 AM by Ashutosh )

@Pckts, any idea how old is he? Because there is a female in the buffer zone called Babli. And, bollywood reference dictates, these two would be related somehow as those two names always go along.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-24-2021, 12:17 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts, any idea how old is he? Because there is a female in the buffer zone called Babli. And, bollywood reference dictates, these two would be related somehow as those two names always go along.

Shiva's mother is said to be the Kori Tigress and he was said to be born around 2010/2011
By most accounts, Wagdoh is his father so I'm not sure about Shivaji being his father or not.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan
( This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 12:45 AM by Charger01 )

(02-23-2021, 10:33 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Siddharth Sanjay
Having a great interest in wildlife this is one of the best sightings I have done till now in my life ! Lucky to see this full built Male tiger “Bunty” in the Kolsa zone of Tadoba Tiger Reseve from Zari gate...!

In which year was Waghdoh born? Some time ago, I read he is very old, 18/19. If that's the case, then he might take Machhli's record
1 user Likes Charger01's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-24-2021, 01:02 AM by Ashutosh )

@Pckts, I know Shiva’s lineage. The photo and video you posted may or may not be Shiva. But, there is also a male in Tadoba called Bunty and HE IS Shivaji’s son. There is a video on facebook from 2019 of a young tiger called Bunty and he might as well have packed on the pounds since then.

Here is Babli, Shivaji’s daughter (most likely sister of Bunty from the same litter). She is impressive taking over her father’s size:

@Khan85, Machli’s age “record” was broken by two females in Western Rajaji.
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-24-2021, 12:44 AM)Khan85 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:33 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Siddharth Sanjay

In which year was Waghdoh born? Some time ago, I read he is very old, 18/19. If that's the case, then he might take Machhli's record

I think he's around 17/18 so a little younger than Machli but Machli was also kept alive by the FD long past her natural age.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-24-2021, 01:00 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts, I know Shiva’s lineage. The photo and video you posted may or may not be Shiva. But, there is also a male in Tadoba called Bunty and HE IS Shivaji’s son. There is a video on facebook from 2019 of a young tiger called Bunty and he might as well have packed on the pounds since then.

Here is Babli, Shivaji’s daughter (most likely sister of Bunty from the same litter). She is impressive taking over her father’s size:

@Khan85, Machli’s age “record” was broken by two females in Western Rajaji.

His Stripe patterns from the Video match Shiva's here

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

shiva is no doubt kori and wagdoh's son born in tadoba i haven't heard the name bunty in a while not sure if he's from the litter with kuwani  or a previous litter.
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

@Pckts @Ashutosh 

Shivaji and Shiva have no relation and Shiva is indeed the son of Wagdoh male and Kori tigress (famously known as Wagdoh female). Jharni tigress that rules Alijanja buffer and Navegaon area is Shiva’s sister from the same litter. they also had another sibling (female) the whereabouts of that sibling is unknown. 

Quote:His stripe patter seems to match Shiva *Wagdoh* son but I wonder if they've been mixing Shiva and Bunty up the whole time?

Correct. Tadoba people are horrible with names and often mix them up. “Bunty” has been missing for nearly half a decade now. he was a sub-adult male that was raised around Kolsa range but he never really made it as a dominant male and had to move out. 

here is Bunty from April/2015

picture of Shiva as a cub from 2015. 

Shiva from 2020, compare the pic with his cub pic. 100% match.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Roflcopters, the Bunty and Babli who are Shivaji’s offsprings are very young (around 4). Of the two, Babli is in the buffer area. And, 2019 was the last time Bunty was seen in Buffer as well.

Also, how is Shiva only a cub in 2015 if he is 10 years old?
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Shiva was born late 2011 so you’re right, he wasn’t a cub in 2015. i have the dates wrong. that picture i think was from 2013. i’m not entirely sure. it’s been so long.