There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 08:07 AM by Rage2277 )

*This image is copyright of its original author
sanju tadoba..the bulk on this kid
3 users Like Rage2277's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-03-2023, 09:50 AM by Ashutosh )

@Rage2277, This is Sanju from June when he got into a scrap with some established male I guess. After Maya’s litter was either killed or driven off by Balram after defeating Tala, Sanju and possibly one more sibling grew up by fending for themselves from about 16-17 months of age. So, this is very pleasing to see him thriving.

Also, here is 52 25 male. He has put on some bulk since the rains as well. Now in Agarzari:

2 users Like Ashutosh's post

animal enthusiast

i thought they were all dead i was shocked finding out atleast one lived @Ashutosh

United States kingrifter Offline

(10-03-2023, 05:32 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: Yea tala and mayas boy put on some good bulk..baj Jr could be a force too..rudra seems to have it the hardest out of all the dominant males in his class interesting  times and who is the 5225 male? @kingrifter @Roflcopters

Yes, he got the short end of the stick. Chased out of core and then out of buffer by CM.

Shambhu in Agarzari this week. Looking run down

Bajrang in Kolara from this monsoon

Jamhol seen in Tala and Magadhi the last couple days

2 users Like kingrifter's post

animal enthusiast

male dead in katernighat died from wounds inflicted by a mob read villagers tried to snatch its kill and it attacked them
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

@Rage2277 

5225’s ancestry is unknown, very similar to Shambhu and Taru. 

@Ashutosh 

It’s a miracle that Sanju survived that young, especially in a very high traffic area. he was believed to be dead a long time ago. I wonder if Maya secretly had a hide out spot for her son and assisted every now and then. It wouldn’t surprise me if such a thing did happen. 

@kingrifter 

Welcome to the forum!
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 09:19 AM by BA0701 )

(10-04-2023, 01:34 AM)kingrifter Wrote:
(10-03-2023, 05:32 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: Yea tala and mayas boy put on some good bulk..baj Jr could be a force too..rudra seems to have it the hardest out of all the dominant males in his class interesting  times and who is the 5225 male? @kingrifter @Roflcopters

Yes, he got the short end of the stick. Chased out of core and then out of buffer by CM.

Shambhu in Agarzari this week. Looking run down

Bajrang in Kolara from this monsoon

Jamhol seen in Tala and Magadhi the last couple days

Agree with our always helpful friend, @Roflcopters, welcome to WildFact @kingrifter, we hope you enjoy your time here. I'd like to suggest reading over the forum rules pages (I'll link it below). We also have several tutorial pages that can help answer any questions you might have, but should you still have further questions or require further assistance, please feel free to contact any member of our Mod Team, and we will do what we can to help.

Again, welcome, we look forward to your contributions!

Forum Rules

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-05-2023, 09:35 AM by Rage2277 )

https://india.postsen.com/trends/1137590.html story on tiger found dead in katerniaghat
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

@BA0701 @Roflcopters 

Thanks for the welcome and for all your past posts. I've enjoyed reading them! I've glanced over the rules but feel free to let me know if I'm off the mark with any of my posts.

Bandhavgarh is truly alive this season. Dhamokhar sub adult male was spotted in Bajrang's territory. He was still being spotted in Dhamokhar every other day in May when I visited. He looks quite big for his age and people actually thought he was Bajrang when they saw him yesterday. D1 and Pujari were also spotted in Khitauli. Interesting that the dominant males in the summer, Chota Bheem and Mahaman are still MIA. Chota Bheem in particular will have his hands full with these two males. 

Mowgli spotted in Tadoba core multiple times this season but no sighting yet of Maya or their cubs. Roma and Bijli are frequently being spotted too. Tadoba may be the best place to see cubs this year.

Here's one from the archives - a great picture from Ian Green's Tiger Jungle. The rival of B2, father of Jobhi male and grandfather of Mahaman male, this is none other than the iconic Bokha, aka Shaki circa 2005/2006.

5 users Like kingrifter's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(10-06-2023, 03:12 AM)kingrifter Wrote: @BA0701 @Roflcopters 

Thanks for the welcome and for all your past posts. I've enjoyed reading them! I've glanced over the rules but feel free to let me know if I'm off the mark with any of my posts.

Bandhavgarh is truly alive this season. Dhamokhar sub adult male was spotted in Bajrang's territory. He was still being spotted in Dhamokhar every other day in May when I visited. He looks quite big for his age and people actually thought he was Bajrang when they saw him yesterday. D1 and Pujari were also spotted in Khitauli. Interesting that the dominant males in the summer, Chota Bheem and Mahaman are still MIA. Chota Bheem in particular will have his hands full with these two males. 

Mowgli spotted in Tadoba core multiple times this season but no sighting yet of Maya or their cubs. Roma and Bijli are frequently being spotted too. Tadoba may be the best place to see cubs this year.

Here's one from the archives - a great picture from Ian Green's Tiger Jungle. The rival of B2, father of Jobhi male and grandfather of Mahaman male, this is none other than the iconic Bokha, aka Shaki circa 2005/2006.

I hope you enjoy the site, you've gotten off to great start with some fantastic images.

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-09-2023, 06:38 PM by Ngonya )

Hi, @Rage2277  I don't want to bother you but you seem like the "biggest enthusiast" of tigers in this thread due to your activity. 
Thinking of this, I would like to ask you about the male tigers B1 & B3, who died around the beginning of the 2000s
I wanted to know if you have any photos of them? I found almost nothing of them

B1 (i got not pictures neither info on his death)

B3 aka Barra Larka (Born in 1997) (Electrocuted and killed because of poachers in November 2003)

@Ngonya 

While you wait for a response, here are some pictures of B3 "Barra Larka" again from Iain Green's Tiger Jungle. That book likely contains some pictures of B1 "Raj" too but as a subadult (the individual pictures are not labeled). Green specifically mentions that B1 and his mate, Kokila,  were very difficult to photograph because their territories extended from Raj Behra (which is in the tourism zone) into Kulwah which is outside of Tala and the tourism zone. B1 disappeared 2002 and was likely poached.

D1 and Pujari in Khitauli, where is Chota Bheem?

Pujari

D1

Bandhavgarh is churning out some large males. Look at the Dhamokhar subadult (son of D1 and Bufferwali/Gauri tiger) and the Raa subadult (son of Bajrang and Raa), they look very impressive for their age. I said before that people thought the Dhamokhar subadult was Bajrang, well we now have others saying that the Raa subadult is similar in size to Bajrang already!

He fought seasoned males like Bajrang and Ambeutara to enter Moharli, continues to fight against males like Paras and Shambhu, and will likely have to fight 5225 and Sanju to retain his territory. However he continues to be seen every other day in the Moharli buffers, far more than any of his rivals, and seems to be holding strong. The most tourist-friendly of the Moharli buffer males and one of my favorite tigers, Taru Male.

3 users Like kingrifter's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 08:25 PM by Rage2277 )

@Ngonya I had images of b1 and b3 back in the day but unfortunately lost them and they're hard to find but i'll see what i can dig up
2 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

good stuff @kingrifter  weren't those kids born in 2021? and seen a recent pic of bajrang he was looking pretty drained..some interesting events playing out here..mamu one the last of the older rulers still has some fight left he's had some clashes with his son jhamole who likely pushed him out for the moment..it almost feels like there's too many males in bandhavgargh right now, alot of youngsters just lingering around or trying to establish.
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 11:09 PM by Ashutosh )

@Rage2277, I don’t know about your picture, but Bajrang looks alright in this video from 2 days ago:

Pujari though has gained even more bulk. He doesn’t seem like a very aggressive male, though. Seems like he is content with his territory in Khitauli which he will no doubt defend, but isn’t proactively looking to expand upon it (unlike his father Bheem).
2 users Like Ashutosh's post