There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Mohawk and Blondie with nkuhuma pride. 

9 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

They are saying blondie might be suffering from TB. 

3 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Mohawk and Blondie are with nkuhumas. 
Any idea who is this new young male in the starting of this video. 

4 users Like DARK MANE's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

My bad, should have watched them first. Apologies.
2 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(07-24-2022, 09:50 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: They are saying blondie might be suffering from TB. 

He wasn't saying he "Has" BovTB but describing the 2 reasons why that back hip/leg injury is so common on male lions from Kruger/Mara/Serenghetti, etc....  My opinion is if its from TB there should be other details, for example; very skinny, sickly looking, etc... to go along with the boney hip. I think Blondie has prior injury that never healed just like so many others.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-25-2022, 01:44 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: He wasn't saying he "Has" BovTB but describing the 2 reasons why that back hip/leg injury is so common on male lions from Kruger/Mara/Serenghetti, etc....  My opinion is if its from TB there should be other details, for example; very skinny, sickly looking, etc... to go along with the boney hip. I think Blondie has prior injury that never healed just like so many others.

Blondie has that "skinny" sindrome since 2019, alongside occasionaly limping on either back or more recently front leg. 

He definitely has some sort of health issue, is that TB or something else, we dont know.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

2/2 Southern Avocas

11 users Like lionuk's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

2/2 southern avocas on a kill. ( from 2:15 to 3:10) 

They are in much better conditions compare to their little northern brothers. 
Though they numerically not very strong ( just 2), they hold the southern sabi sands exceptionally well from the past 4 yrs. 
I really hope we get sightings of their male linage too ( like we got of nkuhumas and talamatis boys).
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(07-25-2022, 08:30 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: 2/2 southern avocas on a kill. ( from 2:15 to 3:10) 

They are in much better conditions compare to their little northern brothers. 
Though they numerically not very strong ( just 2), they hold the southern sabi sands exceptionally well from the past 4 yrs. 
I really hope we get sightings of their male linage too ( like we got of nkuhumas and talamatis boys).

Their sons in Sand River pride should be chased out in a few months. They are at least 3 years old if im not wrong.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-26-2022, 03:37 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Their sons in Sand River pride should be chased out in a few months. They are at least 3 years old if im not wrong.

No, oldest sub male is just over 1.5 yrs old, other/s even younger :

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(07-26-2022, 01:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: No, oldest sub male is just over 1.5 yrs old, other/s even younger :
Probably they have 3 yrs old subadult males in plain camp pride
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2022, 02:43 PM by lionuk )

Dark mane with zebra kill. He looks full, there is some meat left from that kill. 

8 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(07-26-2022, 01:36 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-26-2022, 03:37 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: Their sons in Sand River pride should be chased out in a few months. They are at least 3 years old if im not wrong.

No, oldest sub male is just over 1.5 yrs old, other/s even younger :

I got a little confised here as I thought S. avocas took over Sand River pride in 2019 and then Plains Cmap pride in 2020. I guess its the other way around.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-27-2022, 02:02 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: I got a little confised here as I thought S. avocas took over Sand River pride in 2019 and then Plains Cmap pride in 2020. I guess its the other way around.

They took both in 2019. 

There is one young female in Sand River pride born around late 2019, but next cubs where born 1 year later.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

Mohawk and Blondie with the Nkuhuma Pride. Guide says since 1994 wild lion populations have declined by 43%, which is equal parts heart breaking and infuriating.

12 users Like BA0701's post