There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-02-2024, 01:22 AM by criollo2mil )

(09-01-2024, 03:13 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 01:07 AM)KM600 Wrote: Chelas boy was also with RN son, same photographer as the one mentioned above.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Is it time to say that PE´s son is no more?
What started a coalition of 5 now down to 2
they seems to be moving quite a bit 
It wouldnt be the first time they go back to their natal lands
I wonder how the interaction between them and their father with BDM would be
On a side note Chela´s son nostrils are bigger than his eyes, I bet that boy can almost smell whats going on in Timbavati

You beat me to the punch ins asking about the third boy.  I don’t feel like we’re ever going g to get any further sightings and he becomes just another missing young male like the Dwizhala Talamati.   Sad
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(09-01-2024, 11:32 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 03:13 AM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(09-01-2024, 01:07 AM)KM600 Wrote: Chelas boy was also with RN son, same photographer as the one mentioned above.

Is it time to say that PE´s son is no more?
What started a coalition of 5 now down to 2
they seems to be moving quite a bit 
It wouldnt be the first time they go back to their natal lands
I wonder how the interaction between them and their father with BDM would be
On a side note Chela´s son nostrils are bigger than his eyes, I bet that boy can almost smell whats going on in Timbavati

You beat me to the punch ins asking about the third boy.  I don’t feel like we’re ever going g to get any further sightings and he becomes just another missing young male like the Dwizhala Talamati.   Sad

Strange thing is they also both went missing in similar places. I actually come across an old video of Dzwihala yesterday taken back when he had a nice blonde mane before that darkness started coming thru, always wanted to see how impressive he’d look as a dominant male.
4 users Like KM600's post

United States Friarfan619 Offline

2021 nkuhuma ym also bdm on this sighting not sure about Mohawk

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like Friarfan619's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Khanya wit NYM

4 users Like afortich's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

6 users Like afortich's post

Ngonya Offline

The 2 Nkuhuma young males at Kruger National park

by Daily Africa HD
11 users Like Ngonya's post

WildLeonis Away
( This post was last modified: 09-04-2024, 02:57 AM by WildLeonis )

(09-03-2024, 10:40 PM)Ngonya Wrote: The 2 Nkuhuma young males at Kruger National park

by Daily Africa HD

I apologize for my ignorance but were both these boys sired by the Avocas? I know for certain one was sired by them, but I seem to recall reading that one of their sons met up with an Nkuhuma male who’d been sired by the Birminghams? But I could be misremembering though.They both look like the Avocas to me. Lol
2 users Like WildLeonis's post

Ngonya Offline

(09-04-2024, 02:56 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: I apologize for my ignorance but were both these boys sired by the Avocas? I know for certain one was sired by them, but I seem to recall reading that one of their sons met up with an Nkuhuma male who’d been sired by the Birminghams? But I could be misremembering though.They both look like the Avocas to me. Lol
i think u are misunderstanding this boys with the other Nkuhuma male, son of Birmingham, that is partner of another Avoca son, the Talamati male (called Khanya)

these two are in Kruger National Park and were both sired by the Northern Avoca males in the Nkuhuma pride. Mohawk used to hang out with them but eventually got back to Sabi Sands while they stayed in Kruger
6 users Like Ngonya's post

United States adamstocks16 Offline

They are looking impressive, are they still hanging with that lioness from Mantimahle Pride?
1 user Likes adamstocks16's post

Ngonya Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-05-2024, 01:55 AM by Ngonya )

(09-05-2024, 12:37 AM)adamstocks16 Wrote: They are looking impressive, are they still hanging with that lioness from Mantimahle Pride?
I dont think so.
They were with her bc of the area they were in (Rhink).
Now that it seems like they left it, their pairing with her must have ended.

Its better this way. 3 Imbali males i doubt they would mess around with two young and outnumbered boys.
2 users Like Ngonya's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-05-2024, 12:44 PM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Added additional information )

Southern Avoca and K6. Guess she was distracting him from the other lionesses and cubs.

6 users Like Mwk85's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

(09-05-2024, 12:39 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: Southern Avoca and K6. Guess she was distracting him from the other lionesses and cubs.

She could very well have been distracting the S. Avoca male from the cubs and other lionesses. But as formidable as the Avoca male once was, I don't see him being a particular threat to the three Ntsevu girls, of all lionesses. I feel it's more likely K6 went looking for a male to mate with, as we know she is wont to do.
4 users Like NLAL11's post

United States Friarfan619 Offline

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like Friarfan619's post

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Posting for @Mapokser, the August MalaMala Report, borrowed from here:

https://malamala.com/monthly-game-reports/

This is my first time posting one of these reports, so my formatting seems off, sorry.

THE NORTHERN AVOCA MALE = 1
1 ADULT MALE ± 11 YEARS 2 MONTHS
EYREFIELD
First encountered in late 2019.
(1 sighting)

He was only seen once in August when he was at Clarendon Dam on the 10th.

THE SOUTHERN AVOCA MALE = 1
1 ADULT MALE ± 11 YEARS 6 MONTHS
NOMADIC
First encountered on MalaMala Game Reserve
(1 sighting)

On the 14th, this older male was seen in the Rock Drift Donga, east of the Sand River.
5 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

A lil over two weeks since Mohawk was last sighted I believe, I wonder if he went back into KNP possibly looking for his sons. Could also have went into Manyeleti but I don’t think he’d be that bold while being by himself. Hope he’s sighted soon.
4 users Like KM600's post