There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Change In forum Category or Order ?

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Dear Members,

Feel free to give your suggestion that you think

1. Need to re-order the forum or category.
2. Add extra category
3. Add extra forum or sub-forum.
4. Or any other improvement or change in the way forum and category is currently displayed.

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration and after approval with other members will be applied.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 01:02 AM by sanjay )

Why I can't post here: http://wildfact.com/forum/forum-forum-ru...troduction

Is this only for Administrators? Huh

Greetings.

Australia Richardrli Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Can I politely request that members here refrain from quoting every post that they reply to? Especially if you're just replying to the post right above you, an example here in this rather heated thread: http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lion-pic...eos?page=3 the last page looked somewhat untidy and anyone reading it would have to scroll through the previous quoted posts which in this instance (and some other threads) contained photos and as a result became inconvenient to read. So if you are replying to the person above you or a few posts back simply just write your post without quoting them as there is no real need and you could simply call their name instead. Thanks
2 users Like Richardrli's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Yes, Richard you are correct! Members have to understand this. Quoting lot of post's and just previous post will make the thread look ugly and untidy.  I request member's don't quote unnecessarily.

India Vinod Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

could someone please correct the spelling here? tis supposed to be 'FOLLOW' not 'FALLOW'
*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Vinod's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Thanks for pointing on this minor typo vinod, I will ask wildfact staff to fix this as soon as possible.

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

I was thinking of making a thread on how natural disasters affect animals (as it taps in to what I'm studying) but I don't see a suitable sub forum to put it
1 user Likes Sully's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

You can start a thread in 'Miscellaneous' if you want to discuss the effect of natural disasters on animals in general. If you want to focus on one, start it in the section in which that particular animal features.
2 users Like peter's post

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

(04-02-2014, 12:03 AM)sanjay Wrote: Dear Members,

Feel free to give your suggestion that you think

1. Need to re-order the forum or category.
2. Add extra category
3. Add extra forum or sub-forum.
4. Or any other improvement or change in the way forum and category is currently displayed.

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration and after approval with other members will be applied.

Hi, i got a suggestion.

Re-structure the canids & hyenas. There is 5 threads about wolves and i might create another one [Size and measurements] soon, which would make 6 threads about wolves.

We got :

1.Wolf (Canis lupus)
2. European Wolves
3. Yellowstone Wolf Directory
4. Comparative analysis of the spotted hyena and the gray wolf
5. Pleistocene wolf discovered in Yakutia

What do you guys think about this ?

Regards,

TNG
3 users Like TheNormalGuy's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

Another example of a structure that can result in confusion. Agreed, that is.
1 user Likes peter's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

@TheNormalGuy check now.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast

Thanks @Rishi

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-09-2020, 09:26 AM by Balam )

Mods, why not create a section for the snow leopard and Neofelis sp. Separate from the leopard section? After all those are four different species with two belonging to a completely different genus? I'd also like to know if a section could be created for the cougar a cheetah. The cougar being the 4th largest extant felid deserves its own section IMO, especially since it would be easier for those of us who are enthusiasts of them to update all the threads created for cougars that are dispersed across the "Wild Cats" broader section.
1 user Likes Balam's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Balam tagging other mod @Rishi, @tigerluver @Lycaon @BA0701

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Cougar threads are getting a lot of attention nowadays & can be seperate as @Balam wishes. It's only fair, as lot of the credit goes to her.

The other two however don't generate enough posts. Forum used to be overcomplicated once, took a lot of effort to streamline... Those I don't think are ready yet.
3 users Like Rishi's post