WildFact
Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Corner (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-members-corner)
+--- Forum: Suggestion, Feedback and Complaint (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-suggestion-feedback-and-complaint)
+--- Thread: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? (/topic-any-change-in-forum-category-or-order)

Pages: 1 2

Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - sanjay - 04-02-2014

Dear Members,

Feel free to give your suggestion that you think

1. Need to re-order the forum or category.
2. Add extra category
3. Add extra forum or sub-forum.
4. Or any other improvement or change in the way forum and category is currently displayed.

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration and after approval with other members will be applied.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - GuateGojira - 04-04-2014

Why I can't post here: http://wildfact.com/forum/forum-forum-rules-guides-tips-tutorials-and-introduction

Is this only for Administrators? Huh

Greetings.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Richardrli - 08-01-2014

Can I politely request that members here refrain from quoting every post that they reply to? Especially if you're just replying to the post right above you, an example here in this rather heated thread: http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-lion-pictures-and-videos?page=3 the last page looked somewhat untidy and anyone reading it would have to scroll through the previous quoted posts which in this instance (and some other threads) contained photos and as a result became inconvenient to read. So if you are replying to the person above you or a few posts back simply just write your post without quoting them as there is no real need and you could simply call their name instead. Thanks

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - sanjay - 08-01-2014

Yes, Richard you are correct! Members have to understand this. Quoting lot of post's and just previous post will make the thread look ugly and untidy.  I request member's don't quote unnecessarily.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Vinod - 08-15-2014

could someone please correct the spelling here? tis supposed to be 'FOLLOW' not 'FALLOW'
*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - sanjay - 08-15-2014

Thanks for pointing on this minor typo vinod, I will ask wildfact staff to fix this as soon as possible.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Sully - 04-12-2016

I was thinking of making a thread on how natural disasters affect animals (as it taps in to what I'm studying) but I don't see a suitable sub forum to put it

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - peter - 04-13-2016

You can start a thread in 'Miscellaneous' if you want to discuss the effect of natural disasters on animals in general. If you want to focus on one, start it in the section in which that particular animal features.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - TheNormalGuy - 04-29-2020

(04-02-2014, 12:03 AM)sanjay Wrote: Dear Members,

Feel free to give your suggestion that you think

1. Need to re-order the forum or category.
2. Add extra category
3. Add extra forum or sub-forum.
4. Or any other improvement or change in the way forum and category is currently displayed.

Your suggestion will be taken into consideration and after approval with other members will be applied.

Hi, i got a suggestion.

Re-structure the canids & hyenas. There is 5 threads about wolves and i might create another one [Size and measurements] soon, which would make 6 threads about wolves.

We got :

1.Wolf (Canis lupus)
2. European Wolves
3. Yellowstone Wolf Directory
4. Comparative analysis of the spotted hyena and the gray wolf
5. Pleistocene wolf discovered in Yakutia

What do you guys think about this ?

Regards,

TNG

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - peter - 04-29-2020

Another example of a structure that can result in confusion. Agreed, that is.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Rishi - 04-29-2020

@TheNormalGuy check now.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - TheNormalGuy - 04-29-2020

Thanks @Rishi

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Balam - 12-09-2020

Mods, why not create a section for the snow leopard and Neofelis sp. Separate from the leopard section? After all those are four different species with two belonging to a completely different genus? I'd also like to know if a section could be created for the cougar a cheetah. The cougar being the 4th largest extant felid deserves its own section IMO, especially since it would be easier for those of us who are enthusiasts of them to update all the threads created for cougars that are dispersed across the "Wild Cats" broader section.

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - sanjay - 12-09-2020

@Balam tagging other mod @Rishi, @tigerluver @Lycaon @BA0701

RE: Any Change In forum Category or Order ? - Rishi - 12-09-2020

Cougar threads are getting a lot of attention nowadays & can be seperate as @Balam wishes. It's only fair, as lot of the credit goes to her.

The other two however don't generate enough posts. Forum used to be overcomplicated once, took a lot of effort to streamline... Those I don't think are ready yet.