There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(04-08-2018, 05:36 AM)Wolverine Wrote: @epaiva do you have idea beside Pantanal in Brazil what are the best national parks and places in Latin America to observe wild jaguars? We just returned with my family from Palo Verde NP in Costa Rica, a lot of crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, macaws etc,  but our local guide told us that due to their nocturnal way of life its almost impossible to see jaguars or other big cats in Costa Rica.

@Wolverine it is very difficult to spot a Jaguar in the wild I have seen Pumas 3 times (Two times during the day and one at night) Ocelots about 6 times (five times at night and one during the day) and only one Jaguarundi and have never seen a wild Jaguar they are the hardest big cat to spot  I have been close very close to them but with out luck. The best place to see them beside Pantanal in Brazil is a big Ranch  in Venezuela located in Estado Cojedes 5 hours by car from Caracas named Hato Piñero, I went there but I stayed only 2 days and did not see a Jaguar but according to information I have from researchers it is the best place to see them but you need to tell them that you want to see a Jaguar and you need to go out at night because normally they take out people to see its wildlife two times a day one during the morning and one in the afternoon, I did not go out at night when I stayed there because the expert in finding them was not in the ranch during my stay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Jubatus - 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - epaiva - 04-08-2018, 07:31 PM