There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

Greatearth Offline
Banned

Some cool image of jaguars I found

*This image is copyright of its original author

Two month old baby jaguar investigates anaconda in forest creek in Amazonia.

Male jaguar is running through water

A jaguar explores a water creek in the Brazilian Cerrado

A jaguar explores a small water creek inside a forest in central Brazil

Female jaguar carrying a young yacare caiman

Greatearth Offline
Banned

The Jaguar, bobcat, and ocelot in Mexico I think

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

your pictures are impressive! tfs

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2017, 09:31 AM by epaiva )

Incredible picture of beautiful alert Jaguar that looks like it is waiting for the photographer.
credit to @stevewinterphoto

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 03:05 PM by Ngala )

Jaguar caught with camera trap in Paracou Research Station, French Guyana. From Paracou Research Station, credits to © Cecile Hansen, UMR Ecofog.

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-02-2018, 01:29 AM by epaiva )

It is very rare to see a famale Jaguar with two cubs credit to @pantanaloficial
very powerful Jaguar in second picture credit to @projetooncafari

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

From Onçafari Jaguar Project:
"Xavier walking around at Refúgio Ecológico Caiman. We hope you have a great Sunday! Photo: Robert Kozmann"

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Paulo Barreiros
Jaguars mating. Northern Pantanal, Brazil 

pantanal@rainforestsexpeditions.com

Paulo Barreiros
Jaguars. Mating couple. 

Northern Pantanal, Brazil 
pantanal@rainforestsexpeditions.com

Jaguar. Mating couple. Pantanal, Brazil

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-14-2018, 12:14 AM by epaiva )

Credit to @pantheracats

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2018, 10:54 AM by Wolverine )

@epaiva do you have idea beside Pantanal in Brazil what are the best national parks and places in Latin America to observe wild jaguars? We just returned with my family from Palo Verde NP in Costa Rica, a lot of crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, macaws etc, but our local guide told us that due to their nocturnal way of life its almost impossible to see jaguars or other big cats in Costa Rica.

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(04-08-2018, 05:36 AM)Wolverine Wrote: @epaiva do you have idea beside Pantanal in Brazil what are the best national parks and places in Latin America to observe wild jaguars? We just returned with my family from Palo Verde NP in Costa Rica, a lot of crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, macaws etc,  but our local guide told us that due to their nocturnal way of life its almost impossible to see jaguars or other big cats in Costa Rica.

@Wolverine it is very difficult to spot a Jaguar in the wild I have seen Pumas 3 times (Two times during the day and one at night) Ocelots about 6 times (five times at night and one during the day) and only one Jaguarundi and have never seen a wild Jaguar they are the hardest big cat to spot  I have been close very close to them but with out luck. The best place to see them beside Pantanal in Brazil is a big Ranch  in Venezuela located in Estado Cojedes 5 hours by car from Caracas named Hato Piñero, I went there but I stayed only 2 days and did not see a Jaguar but according to information I have from researchers it is the best place to see them but you need to tell them that you want to see a Jaguar and you need to go out at night because normally they take out people to see its wildlife two times a day one during the morning and one in the afternoon, I did not go out at night when I stayed there because the expert in finding them was not in the ranch during my stay.

Canada Wolverine Away

(04-08-2018, 07:31 PM)epaiva Wrote:
(04-08-2018, 05:36 AM)Wolverine Wrote: @epaiva do you have idea beside Pantanal in Brazil what are the best national parks and places in Latin America to observe wild jaguars? We just returned with my family from Palo Verde NP in Costa Rica, a lot of crocodiles, monkeys, iguanas, macaws etc,  but our local guide told us that due to their nocturnal way of life its almost impossible to see jaguars or other big cats in Costa Rica.

@Wolverine it is very difficult to spot a Jaguar in the wild I have seen Pumas 3 times (Two times during the day and one at night) Ocelots about 6 times (five times at night and one during the day) and only one Jaguarundi and have never seen a wild Jaguar they are the hardest big cat to spot  I have been close very close to them but with out luck. The best place to see them beside Pantanal in Brazil is a big Ranch  in Venezuela located in Estado Cojedes 5 hours by car from Caracas named Hato Piñero, I went there but I stayed only 2 days and did not see a Jaguar but according to information I have from researchers it is the best place to see them but you need to tell them that you want to see a Jaguar and you need to go out at night because normally they take out people to see its wildlife two times a day one during the morning and one in the afternoon, I did not go out at night when I stayed there because the expert in finding them was not in the ranch during my stay.

A big Ranch in Venezuela located in Estado Cojedes 5 hours by car from Caracas named Hato Pinero??  It sounds promising. Thanks!

I think, maybe I am wrong, its very hard to attract a jaguar in same way as attracting a tiger, lion or leopard - with using a noisy caw, bullock or goat to the tree, since from all big cats jaguar is probably less dependable in big mammals and less interesting in them. Of course if the goat or cow is very close to him - a few hundred meters he will kill it but if the noise is coming from few miles I don't think that jaguar will make such an effort. And actually this method is not very eco-friendly.

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 07:09 PM by Wolverine )

Amigo, you are quite lucky guy to see cougars 3 times. I know one forest guy, trapper from Canada,  60 years old who has spent all his life in the wilderness and has seen a cougar only 2 times. Only guaranteed way to see puma in Canada is to use special dogs who chase up the cougar on the tree and you make you photos from close distance. Such an adventure in BC cost 3 000 bucks for 4 days, including hotel and meal.

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 04-11-2018, 02:50 AM by Wolverine )

Probably you know one of the cheapest way to attract a wild cats and any kind of predators in USA and Canada is using a small device called "Rabbit distress call" imitating the screaming of dying rabbit. It costs only 10-20 dollars and can order it by Amazon with your credit card:
https://www.amazon.com/Primos-372-Cotton...dator+call

I dont know is this devise suitable for tropical arias and do you have rabbits in Venezuela but for North America its very effective. You just hide behind a tree, blow the device 3-4 times and after 10-15 minutes if you have a predators around they will come. But if a big hungry cougar or jaguar suddenly appear in close distance to you, you can get into trouble. Thats why is preferbly if you have some gun with you for self protection, this device is used mainly by hunters.