There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-12-2022, 11:03 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: @Tr1x24  Nothing yet, but i have asked so hopefully we will get news soon. Very sad to see this. 

@criollo2mil  it could possibly be them or the 2 Xikukutsu males. 

Wt first i thought maybe it was the oldest birmingham breakaway male that had died & i was rather shocked to hear that a black dam boy either got killed or died another way.

I had also wondered about the likelihood it was sick Birmingham Breakaways ….but others say the head is very similar to the young BDYM.   He apparently was being outcast for some reason.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(10-12-2022, 11:22 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 11:03 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: @Tr1x24  Nothing yet, but i have asked so hopefully we will get news soon. Very sad to see this. 

Wt first i thought maybe it was the oldest birmingham breakaway male that had died & i was rather shocked to hear that a black dam boy either got killed or died another way.

I had also wondered about the likelihood it was sick Birmingham Breakaways ….but others say the head is very similar to the young BDYM.   He apparently was being outcast for some reason.

why was he outkast

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-12-2022, 11:53 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(10-12-2022, 11:22 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

why was he outkast

The person mentioning this could be taking things out of context.   I’m not sure.   

They were all seen together 11 August and chased by Xikukutzu.   

On August 18, all were seen still together. 

But after this date, Only three seen at a time.   This young boy always alone.   Maybe it was the mating situations maybe something else.   Again.  Most is speculation.  Remarks.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Six of the Birmingham Breakaway Males. Sighting was on the 9th of October.

*This image is copyright of its original author
14 users Like Potato's post

United States sik94 Online
Sikander Hayat

(10-13-2022, 05:13 PM)Potato Wrote: Six of the Birmingham Breakaway Males. Sighting was on the 9th of October.

No one is surprising these guys, 360 degrees coverage. Lol.
9 users Like sik94's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-12-2022, 06:04 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: Caution: VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

Credits: Davis

That's sad!!
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Limper Monwana male seen at Walker's River Camp. Image by Jack Branscombe, October 13, 2022

8 users Like T I N O's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

5 BDMs 

8 users Like Tonpa's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(10-15-2022, 01:52 PM)Tonpa Wrote: 5 BDMs 

so the other brother are together now? so one them died that sad
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2022, 02:15 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 01:52 PM)Tonpa Wrote: 5 BDMs 

so the other brother are together now? so one them died that sad

Yeah, especially sad it was the youngest one too.
2 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Black Dam male coalition has been flourishing here at Royal Malewane and it’s a real privilege to be able to see them come of age and slowly become the force they are destined to be.

We were treated to a fantastic sighting this morning as they finished off the remains of a recent Buffalo kill.
Photo credits: Andi Dill 

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Update: All five Black dam males were found this morning on a kill (Including the youngest one)
6 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2022, 05:15 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-15-2022, 05:03 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Update: All five Black dam males were found this morning on a kill (Including the youngest one)

How do you mean all 5? If 2 spliting brothers returned, then there should be 6 of them (if youngest one is alive).
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2022, 05:43 PM by criollo2mil )

(10-15-2022, 05:14 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-15-2022, 05:03 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Update: All five Black dam males were found this morning on a kill (Including the youngest one)

How do you mean all 5? If 2 spliting brothers returned, then there should be 6 of them (if youngest one is alive).

I was going to ask the same.

Being told that they likely all reunited.  

One of the four died and the Two re-joined the three remaining

I guess the lost one wasn’t the youngest then?
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2022, 05:56 PM by criollo2mil )

If you’re good with their IDs, here are screen caps of their sighting.    I will send the video to @lionuk to post since I can’t figure out that process lol

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post