There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-23-2022, 10:38 PM)Potato Wrote: Five of the seven Birmingham Breakaway Males feeding on a buffalo cow they killed this morning. The oldest one of the 7, the one that has been injured for a while now has joined them. He is part of the 5 eating the buffalo.

https://www.facebook.com/594181530/videos/396617795998781

He's definitely a survivor, I feared they might have lost him for good. He was in pretty bad condition for quite some time. Hopefully he can develop his strength and condition with their help.
9 users Like BA0701's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

Apparently there was a confrontation.
7 users Like Horizon's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

A black dam male keeping his eyes on a female that he has recently been mating.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-24-2022, 07:07 PM)Horizon Wrote:

Apparently there was a confrontation.

I think some lionesses chased a group off a kill.    Not sure it was a tense confrontation
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(09-23-2022, 11:45 PM)Hi BA0701 Wrote:
(09-23-2022, 10:38 PM)Potato Wrote: Five of the seven Birmingham Breakaway Males feeding on a buffalo cow they killed this morning. The oldest one of the 7, the one that has been injured for a while now has joined them. He is part of the 5 eating the buffalo.

https://www.facebook.com/594181530/videos/396617795998781

He's definitely a survivor, I feared they might have lost him for good. He was in pretty bad condition for quite some time. Hopefully he can develop his strength and condition with their help.

I was very happy to see this update and that The Eldest has joined them on a kill.  This good meal will do him some good!!
6 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

In all the recent videos and updates, only one Skorro male has been seen. I thought maybe Sindzisa would be with the other mayambula females but i have yet to see any update on him for a while now. 

I hope he is ok and didn't get caught slipping alone. 

Anyone know if both skorro brothers are accounted for?
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Contributor

(09-25-2022, 02:05 AM)Mabingilane Wrote: In all the recent videos and updates, only one Skorro male has been seen. I thought maybe Sindzisa would be with the other mayambula females but i have yet to see any update on him for a while now. 

I hope he is ok and didn't get caught slipping alone. 

Anyone know if both skorro brothers are accounted for?

Yes, both boys have been accounted for.    This was posted today of Sindsiza himself but the caption speaks about both being present 

13 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

The White Young Birmingham Male and at least one Tawny brother seen by rockfig lodge last night.

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 11:12 PM by BA0701 )

[video=youtube]https:///www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEB&search_query=cs-wildcam[/video]

4 users Like Horizon's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-25-2022, 07:21 PM)Horizon Wrote:
[video=youtube]https:///www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEB&search_query=cs-wildcam[/video]

That is a link to the channel, and does not go to a particular video, so it is unclear which video you are trying to post, though I believe it to be the one I updated your post with. If that is incorrect, feel free to edit it back out of your post.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Moderators
Thumbs Up 

(09-25-2022, 11:11 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-25-2022, 07:21 PM)Horizon Wrote:

That is a link to the channel, and does not go to a particular video, so it is unclear which video you are trying to post, though I believe it to be the one I updated your post with. If that is incorrect, feel free to edit it back out of your post.

Sir, you got it correct. Great work .
3 users Like Horizon's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"We were extremely fortunate to experience one of natures true rarities: A White Lion in the wild.

We were spoiled by the presence of this beautiful young male White Lion and his brother (tawny or "normal" lion). A unbelieveable sighting that will be for many, a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

For the lions, it was a week of feasting. The River Pride made a return after a few absent months, but there were only six of the seven members present; when they got chased around by the Birmingham Breakaway males that night, I did wonder if their attention was not the reason that one of the young males was missing. The next day a few members of the Birmingham Breakaways were found with a large buffalo kill in the Zebenine Riverbed. I headed into the area the next day and we found that the majority of the Mayambula Pride had pitched up and stolen the buffalo kill from the Birminghams and were now feasting on it. Four of the six Birmingham Breakaways were resting at a nearby waterhole, but we caught up with them later in the morning sneaking up to the carcass to see if they could get it back, but upon seeing that the seventeen members of the Mayambula Pride were still there, they gave up. That evening the four males did get a chance to finish off the kill, but with the scent of the Mayambula Pride hanging in the air, the males were very nervous and moved off at the slightest disturbance.

The Mayambula Pride had a good week too and although we didn’t see them feeding on anything other than the buffalo, the pride walked around with full tummies for most of the week. They also spent the majority of the week within the concession which was a return to the norm. The two mothers of the youngest cubs moved their six cubs to the northern part of our concession and we were treated to a sighting of these bundles of joy on a couple of occasions. One morning we followed the two mothers back to the den, and the sounds of joy emanating from the cubs upon reuniting with their moms was just too cute for words.

Even the Giraffe Pride got in on the action this week, and after a couple of tracking efforts that saw their movements returning to the south of our concession, the pride was eventually found with a wildebeest kill on our boundary. Interestingly the pride had killed the wildebeest but had not yet begun feeding; instead, they were lying about 100m from it just watching. Later in the morning the nine members that were present eventually made their way to the kill, but even then there wasn’t the feeding frenzy one would expect from so many lions, with a few of the adults simply laying to the side resting. The Sark lioness also made one brief appearance this week.

9 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Birmingham Breakaway males

Ross males

Skorro young male

11 users Like Potato's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(09-25-2022, 03:36 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Yes, both boys have been accounted for.    This was posted today of Sindsiza himself but the caption speaks about both being present 

Thank you @criollo2mil for the confirmation
2 users Like Mabingilane's post