There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Yes.. She seems to be back in estrus, interesting.. "

I think it is only false estrus. It is yet too soon for her to be back in estrus.

"This is good for Othawas if she and Aunty give birth soon, they need to take advantage of 2 old Aunties when they are still alive and raise another generation, they need numbers.."

It would be good if Junior's mother give birth again. I think it could be bad if Sassy does as well. Their subs sired by Matimbas still need a lot attention and if two of the Othawa lionesses would would spent time away from core pride due to having little cubs at dens then Sassy's sub could have really hard time. 

"Good thing is that Tumbelas are quite passive, so subadult males can still be with the pride for some time.."

Yes, althrough it very well can change when condition and confidence of Tumbelas improve. I hope anyway that Othawa subs will be all right.
3 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Talamati pride
11-10-20 sunset drive
With Andrew and Gert on camera

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-11-2020, 06:06 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Talamati pride
11-10-20 sunset drive
With Andrew and Gert on camera

Talamati males look really impressive size or Talamati females are small. I am looking forward to see what will grow up out of them.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Venezuela titose Offline

An incredible and beautiful sighting of the Kambula pride with the Birmingham males quenching their thirst at Londolozi, in one of the photos you can count up to 18 lions in the same frame, how majestic!
Londolozi Game Reserve, Sabi Sands GR
By: Michel Calvert

5 users Like titose's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Who sired these talimati young?
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-11-2020, 02:08 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Who sired these talimati young?

Northern Avocas.
2 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Five Nharu/Tumbela young male lions photographed in December 2019 at the Kruger National Park:

Photo by Mavieala Reunion

It seems that this 2 younger ones didnt make it or are lost:

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Othawa male at Singita Ebeny Lodge
November 2020,Photo credits: Anka Reijnen

4 users Like T I N O's post

Gijima Offline

With sad news, comes some positive news…  The Southern Pride lioness has been seen at a waterhole, trying her luck on some antelope, but was unsuccessful.  Having previously noticed the lack of suckle marks from her cub/s, we were delighted when we noticed in this sighting that there still seem to be suckle marks which can only mean that one/both of her cubs are still alive.” Sabi Sabi Blog 
6 users Like Gijima's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Kambula/Ntsevu female and cubs on MalaMala Game Reserve
November 2020,Photo credits: Jackie Boshoff

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Nkuhuma male was found on Elephant Plains Open Area this morning. No visual of the Styx Male but tracks of another male were seen nearby.
6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The legendary HB Matimba Male with an Othawa Lioness on wildebeest kill. As mentioned by the guide the old male took over the kill from one of the Tumbela Males and chased him off, at Inyati, Sabi Sands. Credit: Diff Marimane. 11/13/2020
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like T I N O's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Good old HB,great news
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

BigLion39 Offline

The old guy don't play no games thats for sure! Good stuff HB!
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Gijima Offline

(11-13-2020, 05:03 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Nkuhuma male was found on Elephant Plains Open Area this morning. No visual of the Styx Male but tracks of another male were seen nearby.

14 hyenas harassing NK male (credit: Legends Safari)
3 users Like Gijima's post