There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
The Java Tiger (Panthera tigris sondaica)

Indonesia phatio Offline
Tiger Expert

(06-20-2017, 06:18 AM)peter Wrote: Well done, Phatio. 

Based on what I saw and read, the ground colour could have been even darker. Same for the stripes (very black). The reason of outspoken colours could be a combination of climate (colours often seem more intense in the tropics, possibly partly as a result of the powerful sun), low but dense forest with many trees of smallish size and bamboo (resulting in narrow and very black shades, especially in the night) and the habit to hunt in twilight and early morning.

Yup, that's exactly what i thought Peter. after I had finished it I realized that the tiger's ground colour is way brighter than it should be. 
so i try to colouring another black and white photo and this time i give the dead male javan tiger a darker coat.  well it was harder than I thought but but it was worth a try. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Another specimen, this time the coloured photo is not my work, its from another member from javan tiger facebook community. 
i think he did a great job as the tigress from Malimping Banten West Java here looks better than my work

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like phatio's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Java Tiger (Panthera sondaica) - phatio - 08-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Return of The Java Tiger? - phatio - 05-08-2019, 10:01 AM
Bali Tigers in Color - phatio - 02-03-2021, 09:02 PM