There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Avoca Female by Brendan Davis

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Tonpa's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Vuyela at Simbavati Waterside. Images by Enrico Leonardi, August 26, 2022

9 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(09-01-2022, 11:44 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Avoca Female by Brendan Davis

Interesting times ahead. With the Avoca pride in Thornybush, let's see what Black dam young males will do.
6 users Like T I N O's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

All 6 Boys sticking together and back in Mayabulas territory.
10 users Like Horizon's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

BYM & Torchwood really need to find a pride to fully takeovee & spread their genes. They have been tohether for a while now & only seem to have had on & off trysts with a few Avoca females. 

Is there any pride near to them that has no dominant male/s?
3 users Like Mabingilane's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(09-01-2022, 10:50 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: with a few Avoca females. 
Only with one actually as far as I remember.

(09-01-2022, 10:50 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: Is there any pride near to them that has no dominant male/s?
No and moreover there is as well a lot potential competition from the up comming/nomadic coalitions around. Male lion competition in Timbavati is insanly packed up right now.
8 users Like Potato's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Events summary

6 users Like afortich's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

The 6 boys are deeper into Skorros territory and downed an old buffalo bull.
8 users Like Horizon's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

(09-02-2022, 01:02 AM)Potato Wrote: Male lion competition in Timbavati is insanly packed up right now.
Thank you! 

Timbavati is indeed a boiling pot right now. 
Right now i worry for the Mayambula pride & cubs. 

Let's hope the Scorro Males lead their pride further away from the 6 intruders again.
5 users Like Mabingilane's post

Gavskrr Offline

salty task for the skorro duo, these young people are not scattered and have numbers to annihilate what appears in front, it's a clock game the longer they stay in the territory the more confident they will be
8 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Limping Monwana and his Half Brother and Partner Giraffe YM  

Credit :  Carin Dewey: 

We saw these two boys on the airstrip in Thornybush on Sunday and Monday. One quite young, the other a bad injury on his left leg.

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The larger Mbiri male drinks from a waterhole on the eastern side of Ngala which lies close to the edge of their territory 
Image credit: Daniel Wraith

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Some images of the Mayambula pride from this morning on the boundary between Kings Camp and Tanda Tula - 6 females and all 11 cubs were present. Unfortunately it looks like the 3 youngest cubs are suffering from mange around their faces.
Image credit: Cathan Moore Bush Maniac 

10 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

On the lion front, the Giraffe Pride made a couple of brief appearances but stuck to their habit of gravitating back to the south of our concession.  This morning we spent most of it tracking the pride as they spent most of the night walking around within our area before eventually heading back south.  Fortunately, the Mayambula Pride provided us with better tracking success.  Jack spent a good part of one morning tracking the pride before eventually locating seventeen members of the pride on the remains of a zebra kill and Given and Ginger managed to track them down close to Safari Camp the next day.   

That evening we had an incredibly exciting sighting as the six lionesses went off hunting without the cubs; after failing on their first attempt at some impalas we relocated them just as they found a buffalo bull and arrived to the amazing scene of the buffalo running off with a lioness hanging onto his back!  We followed them into a thicket and once the lions had got the buffalo to slow down, it looked like they might be able to bring it down as the lioness was still riding on his back, and two others were biting at his legs, but the big bull somehow managed to throw all the lions off and made a hasty retreat.   

Earlier in the week, Ginger followed two of the lionesses back to a den site in the east and briefly got to see at least four of the newest cubs as they played around the den site.  The Birmingham Breakaway males had a buffalo kill just north of our concession last weekend, once finishing it off they returned to the area for a couple of days feeding before the Skorro males picked up on their presence and set about chasing them off to the north – just what we want!  Ginger also managed to find the single Sark Breakaway lioness in the west one morning, and we spent one evening with her waiting for her to wake up from her rest, but she had different ideas! 
10 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Rhasa one of the Skorro males licking his lips. As the sun was staring to set the Myanbula pride emerged. 

Captured by field guide Frank de Beer 

#big5 #rockfigsafarilodge #luxurysafari #gamedrive #timbavati

9 users Like T I N O's post