There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

Few things compare to staring straight into the eyes of a wild lion! The two dominant males of the River pride, Hosi and Socha, have been away from the females recently - most likely covering their territory and protecting their borders from intruder males.

Recently, after hearing the telltale roar in the morning, guide Emily managed to locate Hosi as he marched across his territory - a phenomenal sighting of such a powerful creature who we are pleased to see is looking strong as ever

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-11-2021, 12:30 PM)lionuk Wrote: They were sighted yesterday. They are doing well and the cubs look great, thankfully.

Really excited of have Zali in Timbavati so far. Hopefully, he will post some images soon
5 users Like T I N O's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Machaton male listening for his brothers.
Credit: Ndzuti Safari lodge

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 08:16 PM by lionuk )

Scorro and a female from Sark breakaway pride. 

8 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-11-2021, 07:53 PM)lionuk Wrote: Scorro and Mayambula Pride female

This is the Sark breakaway pride. Great shot by Chad Cocking
4 users Like T I N O's post

Contributor

(10-11-2021, 08:12 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Thanks for the correction. Doesn't that pride have cubs at the moment?
3 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-11-2021, 08:14 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(10-11-2021, 08:12 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Thanks for the correction. Doesn't that pride have cubs at the moment?
No, they haven't cubs yet. Any  dominant male so far. Although they have been quite active in Timbavati recently
3 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Online
Contributor

Tanda Tula update

The lions were hit or miss this past week with the Mayambula pride once again walking large distances on a daily basis, and their movements became more erratic after the pride split during the course of the week.  We found six lionesses and the two Skorro males close to a buffalo herd one morning, but when evening came, rather than pursuing the nearby buffalo, the pride walked off in a completely different direction.  The rain that night made tracking them down the next day more challenging, but after breakfast the trackers located on four lionesses, but goodness knows where the rest of the pride got to.  A few days later the two males returned to the area but other than a few tracks, there were not many further signs of them.  The two young members of the Sark breakaways were found fat bellied near a dry Reflection Dam one morning, and spent 36 hours sleeping in the same spot – not because they were lazy but rather due to their enormous bellies.
6 users Like Potato's post

Contributor

Johan Adolf Smalman: We had a very brief visual of the young Scorro Male Lion again recently. Unfortunately he was chased away by the two Black Dam Males.

13 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

Shame about that poor boy, all alone.
5 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-12-2021, 10:07 AM)lionuk Wrote: Johan Adolf Smalman: We had a very brief visual of the young Scorro Male Lion again recently. Unfortunately he was chased away by the two Black Dam Males.

He was chased into Ngala side. The Black dam males crossed over Ngala following a herd of buffalo. Interesting times ahead
3 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

I see a lot of Junior in him. Especially when Junior was around 4 years old. 
Some say he is a Buddy 2.0 and i guess it's all subjective. But damn, he is definitely a strapping young lad.
5 users Like Mabingilane's post

Contributor

River Pride

8 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

Black Dam Male
Photo credit: Johan Smalman

9 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-12-2021, 05:58 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: I see a lot of Junior in him. Especially when Junior was around 4 years old. 
Some say he is a Buddy 2.0 and i guess it's all subjective. But damn, he is definitely a strapping young lad.
In my personal opinion, the missing Skorro young male it's the one who resemblances more to Junior.
5 users Like T I N O's post