There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-03-2020, 09:31 PM)Potato Wrote: Monwana males

*This image is copyright of its original author

Black dam JRS
A very great legacy
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the four incredible Maseke males 
Credit:- Home In Africa

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Black dam male yawning at Kambaku Lodges!
The king is a bit tired today?
Credit:- Ryno Vosloo Safari

6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Caught this male soaking up the last rays of the sun a few weeks back??‍♂️He is stunning?
The Mapoza Male Lion!
Credit:- Matt Porter Wild Photography

6 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 12:55 PM by Potato )

It has been a while since the Giraffe male has made an appearance with the members of the @blackdampride of Black Dam pride here at @royalmalewane in South Africa. Most of his time is spent in the neighboring reserve where we presume certain females of the Pride have given birth to new . Interesting times ahead when the Pride again starts moving around their territory and we see the Pride growing again on our

1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-06-2020, 12:54 PM)Potato Wrote: It has been a while since the Giraffe male has made an appearance with the members of the @blackdampride of Black Dam pride here at @royalmalewane in South Africa. Most of his time is spent in the neighboring reserve where we presume certain females of the Pride have given birth to new . Interesting times ahead when the Pride again starts moving around their territory and we see the Pride growing again on our

In which "neighboring" reserve is he? Arent neighboring private reserves around Thornybush fenced? Like Kapama reserve etc?

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(08-06-2020, 02:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 12:54 PM)Potato Wrote: It has been a while since the Giraffe male has made an appearance with the members of the @blackdampride of Black Dam pride here at @royalmalewane in South Africa. Most of his time is spent in the neighboring reserve where we presume certain females of the Pride have given birth to new . Interesting times ahead when the Pride again starts moving around their territory and we see the Pride growing again on our

In which "neighboring" reserve is he? Arent neighboring private reserves around Thornybush fenced? Like Kapama reserve etc?

He's most likely around Timbavati (with which Thornybush shares an unfenced border). The reserves west of Thornybush (Kapama, Karongwe, Tshukudu etc) are fenced off from the rest of the Greater Kruger National Park.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 06:43 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-06-2020, 05:36 PM)Rabubi Wrote: He's most likely around Timbavati (with which Thornybush shares an unfenced border). The reserves west of Thornybush (Kapama, Karongwe, Tshukudu etc) are fenced off from the rest of the Greater Kruger National Park.

Yea but he wasnt seen anywhere in Timbavati.. 

Red are Xikukutsus and yellow Giraffe male.
He was in south Thornybush, and they say he moved off with part of the pride, but where? , he cant go north because theres Xikukutsus pushing into his territory further south, very strange..

Also @Potato, is this news recent?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-06-2020, 06:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 05:36 PM)Rabubi Wrote: He's most likely around Timbavati (with which Thornybush shares an unfenced border). The reserves west of Thornybush (Kapama, Karongwe, Tshukudu etc) are fenced off from the rest of the Greater Kruger National Park.

Yea but he wasnt seen anywhere in Timbavati.. 

Red are Xikukutsus and yellow Giraffe male.
He was in south Thornybush, and they say he moved off with part of the pride, but where? , he cant go north because theres Xikukutsus pushing into his territory further south, very strange..

Also @Potato, is this news recent?

I think the picture was taken a last year...

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Post is very recent. Picture of Giraffe male is old as it is writen in post he wasn't seen in Royal Malewane in a while.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-06-2020, 09:36 PM)Potato Wrote: Post is very recent. Picture of Giraffe male is old as it is writen in post he wasn't seen in Royal Malewane in a while.

But im so confused where was he for like what, half a year? In which neigbouring reserve?

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-06-2020, 09:56 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 09:36 PM)Potato Wrote: Post is very recent. Picture of Giraffe male is old as it is writen in post he wasn't seen in Royal Malewane in a while.

But im so confused where was he for like what, half a year? In which neigbouring reserve?

According Lions of Timbavati FB information that was given by Darrel Camden-Smith...
The Giraffe male and the Black Dam Pride have moved off into a pivate land 3 months ago (but they haven't mentioned that was a neigbouring reserve.)
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-06-2020, 10:19 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: According Lions of Timbavati FB information that was given by Darrel Camden-Smith...
The Giraffe male and the Black Dam Pride have moved off into a pivate land 3 months ago (but they haven't mentioned that was a neigbouring reserve.)

Yea, but arent all private reserves around Thornybush fenced?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-06-2020, 10:25 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 10:19 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: According Lions of Timbavati FB information that was given by Darrel Camden-Smith...

Yea, but arent all private reserves around Thornybush fenced?

Kapama is fenced as far as I am aware, but perhaps they could find some gap in a fence.
1 user Likes Potato's post

BigLion39 Offline

How do these lions hunt when they're closed off to kruger and such?