There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 11-04-2020, 12:55 AM by BA0701 )

Isn't Scrapper dead? Painted Wolf just posted this video 1 hour ago.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-04-2020, 12:54 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Isn't Scrapper dead? Painted Wolf just posted this video 1 hour ago.

Thats old footage from SafariLive.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-04-2020, 12:58 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-04-2020, 12:54 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Isn't Scrapper dead? Painted Wolf just posted this video 1 hour ago.

Thats old footage from SafariLive.

I thought it looked old, but was puzzled as to why they would post just that video. I guess they just wanted to remind everyone of who he was. Thanks @Tr1x24 They always turn off comments on their videos, so no way of inquiring about it.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Exactly my friend,Scrapper is dead for a long time ago now. This should be one of the first sighting of them when they arrived in the northern sector of Sabi Sands. BTW! Thanks for sharing such great video.
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A member of the Gowrie coalition crosses the Sand River at night .
Image by: Daniel Charles Bailey 
MalaMala Game Reserve 
November 2020

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

TBT - One of the Birmingham/Gowrie males "Mfumo" with a lioness
Image by: Howard Jacobson

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Gowrie males giving a look to   the West Street Bridge on Mala Mala
Image by: Safraaz Suliman

8 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Birmingham/Gowrie male Nhenha, the warrior of Sabi Sands!
Image by: Safraaz Suliman

7 users Like T I N O's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

If you ever wonder why Nhenha has such beautiful cubs, just look at him in his younger days. He was arguably one of the most majestic and beautiful lions of his time and even now, he remains a very regal looking lion.

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Slayerd's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the impressive Birmingham/Gowrie males "Nhenha" The Warrior! 
This lone male went from asleep to wide awake as he heard prey nearby, to fast asleep again while we sat quietly watching. Then all night long proceeded to call and announce to all around who was in charge!! A lion roar!!
Images by: Lazy Lizard
Sabi Sands
November 2020

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Gowrie male "Nhenha" The Warrior!
The Gowrie males are the biggest lions that currently roames on Sabi Sands. and one of the most successfully coalitions of recent times.
Image by: Nic Nel

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

What a incredible up close and personal with a Gowrie/Birmingham male "Nhenha" announcing his presence at MalaMala Game Reserve
November 2020 Video credits: NNGraphy
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A royal visit - the Birmingham males from Sabi Sands (males #2, #3 and #4) dropped in recently... and they were looking very impressive at Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge
October 2017 - Image by:  Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge

T I N O Offline
Moderators

After finishing off most of a large kudu bull kill, a Birmingham male and a Lioness from the Ntsevu pride share a tender moment.
Video credits to: James Tyrell
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The youngest Birmingham male Scrapper/Tokoloshe on a patrol at Nkorho Bush Lodge
Image by: Nkorho Bush Lodge 
09-12-15

6 users Like T I N O's post