There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Tumbela Coalition

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-21-2022, 08:52 PM by lionuk )

Limper seen again and walking much much improved this time and keeping up with the Pride.  

Credit:  Kay Burley

8 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-21-2022, 08:49 PM)lionuk Wrote: Limper seen again and walking much much improved this time and keeping up with the Pride.  

Credit:  Kay Burley

Im pretty sure the limp is only when he gets up after sleeping and the paw isnt warmed up. Because afer a while he can walk normally
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-21-2022, 11:20 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Im pretty sure the limp is only when he gets up after sleeping and the paw isnt warmed up. Because afer a while he can walk normally

Yea, but regardless of limp, he is not healthy, just like their brother Scar, he cant put weight and his mane doesnt grow..

He will be like this rest of his life, and for sake of Othawa cubs, lets hope he can pull thru as long as possible, only 1 male roaring could attract other nomadic males in western sector.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The large Tumbela looking his most regal.

It’s always amazing to watch the impact that a large and impressive male lion like this one, has on safari goers. 

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Potato's post

DE_66 Offline

(03-08-2022, 05:35 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: We all know that, timbavati coalition have ruled sabi sands ( atleast for the past 10 yrs). 

Northern Sabi for 11ish years.  Eastern Sabi for 7ish years.  Western Sabi for 4ish years.

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 05:15 PM by Mdz123 )

(03-24-2022, 10:23 AM)DE_66 Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 05:35 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: We all know that, timbavati coalition have ruled sabi sands ( atleast for the past 10 yrs). 

Northern Sabi for 11ish years.  Eastern Sabi for 7ish years.  Western Sabi for 4ish years.

Southeastern Sabi since mid 2018 with S. Avocas. Only N’was males are dominant in SS with no Timbavati heritage

Edit: also PC males since they are no longer nomads and habve cubs

Russian Federation Bellateda Offline
Banned

Limper has TB and he will eventually go down. Maybe in half a year, maybe in a year. I don't think older Ottawa females will live much longer too so it will leave Skorro Jr, Sassy and cubs.

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-25-2022, 12:42 AM by criollo2mil )

(03-25-2022, 12:34 AM)Bellateda Wrote: Limper has TB and he will eventually go down. Maybe in half a year, maybe in a year. I don't think older Ottawa females will live much longer too so it will leave Skorro Jr, Sassy and cubs.

Ain’t you the cheerry one!!   I bet you’re the life of every party.  Lol.

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Dunno. Has it ever been confirmed he has it?

There is a lot of doomsaying about that male.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

(03-25-2022, 12:42 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Dunno. Has it ever been confirmed he has it?

There is a lot of doomsaying about that male.

I know he’s been tested (shows the branding) but I don’t believe those results are ever published.   Any comments towards him having the disease would be just speculation based on his frail condition.
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-25-2022, 01:01 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: I know he’s been tested (shows the branding) but I don’t believe those results are ever published.   Any comments towards him having the disease would be just speculation based on his frail condition.

Tested? What branding? Im quite sure he hasnt been tested.

Limper has some health issues, but without test we cant know what it is.

Contributor

(03-25-2022, 01:03 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 01:01 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: I know he’s been tested (shows the branding) but I don’t believe those results are ever published.   Any comments towards him having the disease would be just speculation based on his frail condition.

Tested? What branding? Im quite sure he hasnt been tested.

Limper has some health issues, but without test we cant know what it is.

Look at his left hip.   That marking that looks like a scar is made by the organization that does the testing.  I call it a Branding….not sure how they make it or the proper name.

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(03-26-2022, 10:21 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: Look at his left hip.   That marking that looks like a scar is made by the organization that does the testing.  I call it a Branding….not sure how they make it or the proper name.

If you mean that black dot on hip, thats not from testing.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

Skorro Jr looking great as ever.

credit: diffmarimane

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Skorro and The Othowa cubs  

8 users Like criollo2mil's post