There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(12-29-2023, 11:45 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Skorros? this morning before they killed a Wildebeest. Very blonde young male present. Video by Paula Alschlager

Tintswalo Males show up and steal kill, interestingly post mentions 3 males feeding? 

Same young male now not so blonde, walking down the road alone

it say 3 males feeding on wilderbeast who are they ?
1 user Likes kobe8jf1234's post

Gavskrr Offline

(12-30-2023, 04:07 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 11:45 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Skorros? this morning before they killed a Wildebeest. Very blonde young male present. Video by Paula Alschlager

Tintswalo Males show up and steal kill, interestingly post mentions 3 males feeding? 

Same young male now not so blonde, walking down the road alone

it say 3 males feeding on wilderbeast who are they ?
must be Ncila, Mandevu and the young orpen
5 users Like Gavskrr's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mandevu on the S106 by Louise Garnett Bennett

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Franco Offline

(07-23-2022, 06:17 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 06:06 PM)DARK MANE Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 05:55 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "The calm before the storm. This was the local pride walking into three males from a neighboring area. The three "trespassing" males were very eager to take on the leading ladies until they saw the two males from this pride in the background.

What followed by 20 minutes of chasing, roaring and marking territories."

Not sure if recent, the Photographer visited in the first week of July

Which pride in manyeleti has 2 dominant males??

It's the Mbiris I believe, Two while Ncila is off healing

hello 
hello. Tr1x24. i am trying to send you a message but this site wont let me. if you would be so kind as to contact me at [email protected] in regards to lions. Thank you

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

6 users Like Potato's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Ncila mating w a Birmingham Breakaway Lioness

"Our first sighting for 2024! The king and queen from the Birmingham breakaway pride seen 7kms from Orpen camp.
Happy new year to you all - may your year be filled with God's blessings and we hope you will be as joyful and happy as these lions.
https://www.kruger-2-kalahari.com/"

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-02-2024, 11:08 PM by criollo2mil )

more images of Ncila Mating

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-02-2024, 11:05 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Ncila mating w a Birmingham Breakaway Lioness

Looks like tides turned into Tintswalos favor vs Mbiris since that Mbiri "invasion" deep into Manyeleti, when Shaka prob overstayed and get a beating.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-03-2024, 01:33 AM by Mapokser )

Everybody talking about Mbiris pressuring the Tintswalos and now the Tintswalos are stealing their lionesses lol.

With Scar in dubious shape and we not knowing how well Shaka currently is, I doubt they can oppose their younger cousins.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mbiri lioness

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-03-2024, 01:22 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Everybody talking about Mbiris pressuring the Tintswalos and now the Tintswalos are stealing their lionesses lol.

With Scar in dubious shape and we not knowing how well Shaka currently is, I doubt they can oppose their younger cousins.

I think opposite. I think hanging in Mbiri males territory is straight path for Tintswalos to get really hurt. Also I think describing Scar as being in bad condition is exaggerated. He is did not eat too much recently, but that he is not as fat as ussually doesn't mean he is in bad condition. I guess he just eat somethink and he is right back as strong as ever. He has some wounds as well, but those doesn't look serious at all. 
3 users Like Potato's post

Contributor

Mandevu along the H7   not far where we have seen Ncila Mating

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Online
Contributor

@Potato Even if Scar will get in good shape again quickly, the most recent photo of Shaka shows him in bad shape.

Lions can sense each other's strength, Tintswalos wouldn't be doing what they are if they could sense the Mbiris were in full strength as they avoid Mbiri even in their own territory, normally.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-04-2024, 12:13 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Even if Scar will get in good shape again quickly, the most recent photo of Shaka shows him in bad shape.
What photos? Here he looks as strong as always:

(01-04-2024, 12:13 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Lions can sense each other's strength, Tintswalos wouldn't be doing what they are if they could sense the Mbiris were in full strength as they avoid Mbiri even in their own territory, normally.
1. There are plenty of examples of male lions doing such misscalculations. For example Blondie Nkuchuma pride male charging 5 Mapogos by himself.
2. "Tintswalos wouldn't be doing what they are" And what they are doing? They found female willing to mate on H7 which might even be out of Mbiri males (or some outskirts) territory and they are taking opportunity. Tintswalos might even not recognize this piece of land as occupied and it is possible Mbiris are not aware of Tintswalo males presence. It is not like Tinstwalos moved into heart of Mbiris territory, charged them and chassed around.
1 user Likes Potato's post