There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
Our new member S Boultan needs community opinion on his project on animal conservation. Read his post and if possible help him by replying or sharing it to others who are qualified.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talamati/Msutlu Pride

Romania Cath2020 Offline
( This post was last modified: 7 hours ago by Cath2020 )

(Yesterday, 04:05 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:21 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: It was stated by one of the guides on Wild Earth that posted on Youtube (he might have filmed the video, too) that she was the 'aunt' to the remaining few subs left (those alive at the time).

Its tough beliving many things wild earth guides say sadly 
Last time I checked one of their lives  BDM was as old as Mohawk and was enjoying his " last few years"
The guide responded immediately that she was the aunt without adding that he was 'mostly sure' or 'I think'.  In cases like this, I'd believe the guide about paternity/maternity then fans.  Although I agree that guides/rangers are not always right.  That goes without saying.  Short of a DNA test, it can't be 100%.  However, he might have noticed that those leftover subs belonged to another lioness (or the other 2) as he recognized certain features he saw personally from watching them growing up vs. those that actually belonged to Tiyelele.  Is there a chance he could have gotten them mixed up?  Sure.  We'll never know.

United States Friarfan619 Offline

(Yesterday, 04:05 PM)Rui Ferreira Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:21 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: It was stated by one of the guides on Wild Earth that posted on Youtube (he might have filmed the video, too) that she was the 'aunt' to the remaining few subs left (those alive at the time).

Its tough beliving many things wild earth guides say sadly 
Last time I checked one of their lives  BDM was as old as Mohawk and was enjoying his " last few years"
Crazy if a guide thought BDM was Blondie avoca