There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talamati/Msutlu Pride

Go131810 Offline

(07-24-2024, 12:04 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Well the way the nkuhuma pride is it will likely split again unfortunately if the plains camp males continue to come east to ridgenose Birmingham and amber eyes two daughters are  with the plains camp males I think 2 or 3 may be pregnant that leaves pale eyes and 4 3 year old subadults and potentially the talamati female would be kinda cool if the talamati pride could rejoin the nkuhuma pride after all these years

I wonder if they the Talamatie lionesses ever met the Nikhuma lionesses. I wonder if they ever spend time with the older lionesses or the Nukhuma and Talamatie pride.
3 users Like Go131810's post

United States Friarfan619 Offline

(07-24-2024, 02:59 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 02:30 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Aren't talamati and Nkuhuma related??

Yea but that has no effect now, split happen ~ 17 yrs ago.

Ty I had assumed it was recent
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

sabisabireserve
After finding the Msuthlu Pride with the Gijima males far south in our reserve, they started making their way back further north where it is safer for the youngsters. We managed to find the remains of a zebra that they were clearly successful in taking down and finishing off before sunrise. We later found the whole pride at a nearby waterhole where they were sleeping with full bellies, looking very healthy again. It is unclear why these females took their cubs that far south out of their known area but with the presence of the Gijima males there is always a sense of safety.”

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

Go131810 Offline

(07-24-2024, 03:56 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote:

The Talamatie lioness is still around the Kambula?

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-26-2024, 09:51 PM)Go131810 Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 03:56 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote:

The Talamatie lioness is still around the Kambula?

Not in several days. She was seen on a kill w the Nkuhumas a few days after the Kambula left her to rejoin her Brothers. Not sure if Tiyelele will remain w those Nkuhumas yet.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

The Newest of the Talamati/Msutlu Mothers

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Mwk85 Offline

With her being there it would appear that subadult male is gone as well 

2 users Like Mwk85's post

Poland NLAL11 Online

(08-04-2024, 02:23 PM)Mwk85 Wrote: With her being there it would appear that subadult male is gone as well 

It's a shame the link up between her and K12 didn't work out, but hopefully these boys can do for her what the N'waswitshakas did for the Southern pride lioness.
1 user Likes NLAL11's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-04-2024, 02:34 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: It's a shame the link up between her and K12 didn't work out, but hopefully these boys can do for her what the N'waswitshakas did for the Southern pride lioness.

Problem with that link up is that Kambula female would need to stay in her brothers territory and mate with them alongside Talamati female (who will 99% mate with them).

"Nature" doesnt want that.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland NLAL11 Online

(08-04-2024, 03:23 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-04-2024, 02:34 PM)NLAL11 Wrote: It's a shame the link up between her and K12 didn't work out, but hopefully these boys can do for her what the N'waswitshakas did for the Southern pride lioness.

Problem with that link up is that Kambula female would need to stay in her brothers territory and mate with them alongside Talamati female (who will 99% mate with them).

"Nature" doesnt want that.

I meant when they first linked up and her brothers were in the Manyeleti. Of course it's better that K12 doesn't mate with her brothers, but it would have been better for both lionesses if they had stayed together and found other males to mate with. There are plenty of other lionesses for the Kambula males to mate with (Imbali, Nharu, Mbiri).

But as the boys seem to be establishing themselves in southern Manyeleti and northern Sabi Sands, K12 would likely have ended up mating with her brothers.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

I don't know, but she could end up like her half sister, the Xim. Lioness, not very fecund and losing cubs all the time.  Something tells me not to hold my breath....the fact that she lost at least 3 subs of around 2 years of age, makes me feel like she won't have an easier time keeping even younger newborn cubs alive while she's a lone lioness.   She'll have much better success teaming up with another lioness and allowing that one's offspring to flourish while she helps raise them... At her age too, I'm just being realistic at her ability to have another litter and keep them alive for 3 years at least.  I'd love for her to prove me wrong and make a major comeback!
2 users Like Cath2020's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2024, 09:08 PM by criollo2mil )

Tiyelele flirting w one of the Kambulas.  

This is most certainly confirmation that the boy is gone.   Seems she’s back in Estrus

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(08-06-2024, 05:20 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Tiyelele flirting w one of the Kambulas.  

This is most certainly confirmation that the boy is gone.   Seems she’s back in Estrus

Bad news for the boy, was really hoping he’d turn back up not only for the sake of himself but S8 too. Anyways, not a bad group of males to pick from.
3 users Like KM600's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

“sabisabireserve
After an unsuccessful morning of tracking lions, we were pleasantly surprised to find them lying stretched out in an open area not far from Bush Lodge. The Msuthlu Pride, consisting of four adult lionesses, seven cubs, plus the newest additions of at least two cubs are doing very well. We haven't seen the two newest members as they are still stashed away in the thickets, and we do not want to add any unnecessary pressure on them or the adults. Soon they will start bringing the youngest one's with them but until then it is all a waiting game for us and hoping that they will survive to join this very successful pride.⁠”

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-08-2024, 06:27 PM by criollo2mil )

The Pride Cub count is now at 11.

“ We found the Msuthlu Pride enjoying the morning sun, warming their bodies up after a cool evening. We spent some time watching as the cubs slowly became active, playing with each other before moving off to a nearby shady area. As we followed them, we were incredibly privileged to witness what unfolded in our presence. The fourth adult lioness, with all FOUR of her 2-3 week old cubs, were laying in the tall grass. We immediately came to a standstill and kept our distance, knowing these little ones can barely walk and see. The older cubs were constantly smelling them and trying to play, but the mother snarled at them making it clear they are still too young and they have to be careful with the fragile young. It was amazing to see the newest members of the pride. Hopefully these four little ones will live up to the successful name of the Msuthlu Pride. #lioncub #newlife #lionpride #sabisabi”

7 users Like criollo2mil's post