There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birmingham Pride of lions

Mapokser Online
Contributor

By Greame Mitchley, the White Dot female at 18yo, still in great condition.

Quite possibly the oldest known lioness in Kruger, sister of the Matimbas:

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Mapokser's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-04-2024, 07:30 AM)Mapokser Wrote: By Greame Mitchley, the White Dot female at 18yo, still in great condition.

White dot is a legend of Ngala! What a strong lioness
3 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2024, 02:27 AM by Mdz123 )

(07-04-2024, 07:30 AM)Mapokser Wrote: By Greame Mitchley, the White Dot female at 18yo, still in great condition.

She could beat Loonkito for the known longest living wild lion if she survives for another year, and given her current condition and the great state of the Birmingham pride, I hope she will
3 users Like Mdz123's post

RookiePundit Offline

Another Ngala video, lions from around 3:00 onward, looks like the denning female and her previous 1:1 twins litter, the inbetween covid one, now grown up (going by what the guide said). The denning lioness is also in a part of previous EP8 on the same channel (8:00 onward):

3 users Like RookiePundit's post

Mwk85 Offline

Poor cub is already having a hard go at life. Lost an ear and half of its tail already. Pride was fighting over a giraffe carcass and I'm guessing he/she got caught in the middle of it.

4 users Like Mwk85's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

The wound seems healed and it would be exceptionally brutal for the pride to inflict that amount of damage. Especially seeing this is the only cub suffering from such abuse. 

I guess he got a really close call with hyenas or some other predator.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

DE_66 Offline

Is White Dot the mother of the White Male or his sister?
3 users Like DE_66's post

Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-11-2024, 09:04 AM by Mapokser )

I don't think so, in fact the white female, if I remember correctly, isn't a littermate of the white male.

White Dot is mother of the Bboy Nhenha and the Red Road male IIRC.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-11-2024, 05:43 PM by criollo2mil )

(07-11-2024, 08:03 AM)DE_66 Wrote:

Is White Dot the mother of the White Male or his sister?

no,  the White female is daughter of Bus.   the now deceased legend.

the white male is son of Black Dot (one of the two Red Road sisters)
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

(07-11-2024, 09:03 AM)Mapokser Wrote: I don't think so, in fact the white female, if I remember correctly, isn't a littermate of the white male.

White Dot is mother of the Bboy Nhenha and the Red Road male IIRC.

WD is also mother of Osindile.

RookiePundit Offline

Nhenha, Red Road, Osindile/Mongawane - that's an impressive bunch of sons to have considering none of them are littermates and each made their own path.
4 users Like RookiePundit's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-16-2024, 11:22 PM by criollo2mil )

The White Queen

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Birmingham White male and bro:

Unfortunatley, apparently 3rd brother was not seen with them in a while.

This was rumor few months ago, then in April I posted a sighting in this thread where all 3 males where together, but now reading the comments that sighting was from January..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mapokser Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-17-2024, 09:30 PM by Mapokser )

It was said the third brother was killed, dunno if this is reliable but we've not seen 3 in a while.

White male is impressive and handsome tho.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Mwk85 Offline

5 users Like Mwk85's post