There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(02-13-2023, 05:18 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Sorry but that doesn’t look to be Nhenha.

who is that male than if it not nehena ?
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

United States afortich Online
Contributor

At least the injury on the leg is very similar if not the same, of course after days of healing.
1 user Likes afortich's post

United States SMK350 Offline

@kobe8jf1234 Just some random lion with no location, ID or date filmed. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Ears don’t match
3 users Like SMK350's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

(02-13-2023, 02:30 PM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(02-13-2023, 02:11 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Just being realistic. Nature isnt a Hallmark movie.

Yes Nature isn't a Hallmark movie  but based on you recent posts your focus always seem to be so negative about Nhena than anything else.

I can't even remember the last time you even said anything positive regardless of the circumstances.

Nature is cruel but we don’t have to revel in it or just focus on the bad.
I know animal learn to kill by slowing killing a baby zebra but I don’t have to watch or like it…I accept it and understand but don’t have to focus on negative.
Dark Mane avoca getting smashed by buffalo really depressed me, I accept it happened and that buffalo have their right to defend themselves but as a human with empathy I don’t watch it…
6 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Leg injury is the same as in previous updates which as far as I remember were from some western sector guide no? It would be very hard to believe there is also some other lion in KNP currently with very same injury...
4 users Like Potato's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2023, 06:17 AM by afortich )

(02-14-2023, 02:48 AM)Potato Wrote: Leg injury is the same as in previous updates which as far as I remember were from some western sector guide no? It would be very hard to believe there is also some other lion in KNP currently with very same injury...

Agree with you my friend @Potato. Not only very hard to believe but the probabilities of another lion with the same injury in the same area and around the same time are very low and closer to zero. All the circumstances around the video point to Nhenha.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

This is very weird first I watched the video and thought it's definitely him because he has a very similar injury in the same leg, everybody thought it was him, then some said it's not him and now it seems to be him again?

Honestly although the leg injury is similar, the overall injuries, leg included, don't match exactly IMO and I had some friends who know Nhenha very well say it's definitely not him, so I don't think it is, but isn't there a way to confirm with confidence? If we get the location where it was filmed it'll be enough to confirm if it's him or not.

Contributor

@Mapokser I'm not saying that it is for sure Nhenha, and I won't argue to whether the one in the video looks like him or not because I'm very bad at that but could be him.
Let's wait for more information and see.

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2023, 07:46 AM by DARK MANE )

Throwback video of tinyo dominating kambula girl.
Date: unknown.
6 users Like DARK MANE's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2023, 12:31 PM by BigLion39 )

Apparently whisker spots don't match. My appologies as I am horrible at id'ing lions. From the evidence it could have been as its been a while since we seen him. To me looked like he lost some mane and his leg was very similarly injured. A person posted a screenshot and definitely was equal sign. If the whiskers don't match tho it apparently is a definitive way to id. Those FB groups are insane. Its always the same people making crazy stuff up. Its all over fb tho, not just lion groups. People need to be adults tho and have thick skin. I mean really. Its only a digital message board at the end of the day.
6 users Like BigLion39's post

United States criollo2mil Online
Contributor

(02-14-2023, 02:48 AM)Potato Wrote: Leg injury is the same as in previous updates which as far as I remember were from some western sector guide no? It would be very hard to believe there is also some other lion in KNP currently with very same injury...

Here are both lions from the same side.  Notice how mangled the injury to Nhenha actually was that it had almost protruding skin.   This new lion with the leg injury has a mostly fully healed and pristine leg in comparison.   The injury to Nhenha would NOT have healed to the extent that it show no visible signs.    It’s two different lions.   

Also, Nhenha is almost 13 years old.   Lions at this age do not have such miraculous comebacks as it’s portrayed with this other lion.   I’m convinced it’s not him.   I wish it were, but it’s a different lion.    We also have zero idea when this was captured or where.    

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Further closer looks show this other lion has been hurt very recently.   Wounds and blood.   In the inner thigh area.  

Nhnhena had a massive wound on the outside of same leg.  So how did one heal so greatly and the other still be bloody.   Hmmmmm.   Wouldn’t add up,,,,especially when he can much more easily lick his inner leg to help healing than he can (if at all) the outer leg.

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(02-14-2023, 08:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Further closer looks show this other lion has been hurt very recently.   Wounds and blood.   In the inner thigh area.  

Nhnhena had a massive wound on the outside of same leg.  So how did one heal so greatly and the other still be bloody.   Hmmmmm.   Wouldn’t add up,,,,especially when he can much more easily lick his inner leg to help healing than he can (if at all) the outer leg.

who is this males than

Contributor

(02-15-2023, 12:20 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(02-14-2023, 08:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Further closer looks show this other lion has been hurt very recently.   Wounds and blood.   In the inner thigh area.  

who is this males than

No idea.   The source hasn’t as much shared location or time when taken.  So IDK ?‍♂️
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 02-15-2023, 04:25 AM by sik94 )

I tried to identify if this is Nhena but I still don't know for sure. This male seems to have that same equal sign scratch on his nose and that injury looks VERY similar to Nhena's especially the way this male is limping. I couldn't match the whiskers pattern but they aren't very clear either as this male didn't stand still for long enough at any point in the video. He just looks like a younger male to be honest, he is moving like a younger male and looks 8 at most. If this isn't him then he's a Nhena twin for sure, first time ever seen this kind of similarity between two unrelated if it's infact not Nhena.
2 users Like sik94's post