There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

BigLion39 Offline

In no way was I implying they are obligated to post anything. Just saying that they like to play God and onlonly post what they feel is ok. Either post it all or post nothing. Thicker skin is a must as well. What do you expect people to believe when they get half stories, different stories, get no updates for weeks, then all of a sudden somebody there decides to post info, then stops. Why not take on the idea of keeping lion lovers in the loop. I know for a fact a lot of pics  info gets shared to some but never gets released. Thats why I say its most likely someone there knows what's up with Nhena. After 8 years or so, what, they just gonna stop tracking him? I don't think so.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(02-11-2023, 02:02 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: If idiots start putting up stupid little websites calling for boycots becouse of stupid claims of animal abuse. It hurts their business.

I agree. If you see its the same people that start that crap over and over again for different lions. Its actually embarrassing to me. Seems it comes from the Mapojo time and now they've brought that lunacy current.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

In singita

"Close-up of the Nkuhuma male this afternoon with many scarves from the PC males altercations. After stalking a hugh herd of Buffalo for a while he managed to execute a warthog piglet kill minutes later … "
6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

I think we need to stop post NK male content here, as obiviously coalition with Nhenha is over (atleast for now).
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Idk, until Nhenha is confirmed dead a "Birmingham" Coalition as the rangers call it still kind of exists.

Just because they have not been together for a while doesn't mean the coalition is broken, we know the reason for that, Nhenha was injured in a clash between his coalition with NK and their rivals. If they were to meet they'd still act as partners, we have no reason to think otherwise.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(02-12-2023, 06:06 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Idk, until Nhenha is confirmed dead a "Birmingham" Coalition as the rangers call it still kind of exists.

Just because they have not been together for a while doesn't mean the coalition is broken, we know the reason for that, Nhenha was injured in a clash between his coalition with NK and their rivals. If they were to meet they'd still act as partners, we have no reason to think otherwise.

Agree. Moreover, we don't know if they've met during the time of which we have no record.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

I think Nhena is gone. If he miraculously shows up? great, but he should be considered dead at this point.
1 user Likes sik94's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its already was a very big stretch to call this coalition a continuation of the Birmingham coalition. Its more that Nhenha joined the coalition Nym used to be part off than the other way around. So technically the Birmingham coalition has been death for a year now. We just kept using this thread for convenience, but now Nym is solo again. There are pronably better spots to post his story.

Regardless of wheter Nhenha show up or not. In this condition he apparently is not capable of keeping up with any groups he joins. Neither pride or coalition can afford to sit still and wait for to long. So if you cant keep up. You are out. 

Nhenha would have to pull of a remarkable recovery to be accepted again, But without a steady source of food and rest... he might be stuk like this for the rest of his days.

WildRev Offline

Rangers called them the Birmingham coalition so it's like that, pointless to argue about that now.
3 users Like WildRev's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(02-12-2023, 01:22 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Its already was a very big stretch to call this coalition a continuation of the Birmingham coalition.
Indeed

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its only been around 10 days since the alleged last sighting on February 2. After that its only around a week further back to the Othawa sightings around january 24.
That sighting was around 2 weeks after the first post fight fightings. Which in itself already was a week after the actual fight. 

Based on that its normal that we don't see this particular lion for one or two weeks between each sighting. So its to early to declare him death by absence alone. 
But I wouldn't give false hope by saying he is alive either. Eventually a sighting is going to turn out to be the last one.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Musa15 Offline

(02-12-2023, 09:55 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Its only been around 10 days since the alleged last sighting on February 2. After that its only around a week further back to the Othawa sightings around january 24.
That sighting was around 2 weeks after the first post fight fightings. Which in itself already was a week after the actual fight. 

Based on that its normal that we don't see this particular lion for one or two weeks between each sighting. So its to early to declare him death by absence alone. 
But I wouldn't give false hope by saying he is alive either. Eventually a sighting is going to turn out to be the last one.

All of your info doesn't have the proper context(and more is likely withheld) to determine anything because the people you defended, refuse to actually tell us what's going on(Unless of course when it suits them).

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Rangers call them Birminghams I think because NK's coalitions never had a name and Nhenha was a famous Birmingham male. Maybe the fact NK was a Birmingham son also added to it but idk. It's easier to call them Birminghams. I think if NK were to join Skorro Jr rangers would call them the Tumbela coalition, but despite what that first encounter may have suggested, it doesn't seem they're forming a coalition anytime soon.

It's like with Ximhungwes, I don't agree with the name but for simplicity's sake I use it.

But anyway Nhenha may very well be dead, indeed, but It's not like current situation looks the worst so far. He was seen 10 days ago, when he first disappeared and NK was seen with Tumbela it'd seemed much more likely he was dead than now, then after second fight and before sighting with Othawas he was also "more dead" than he is now.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-13-2023, 12:33 AM)Mapokser Wrote: NK's coalitions never had a name

They had, him and Styx where named Nwalungu males by Singita.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(02-12-2023, 09:33 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: But the question is where is his carcass ??

It would be somewhere deep in thick bush and most likely not be found so let's not wait for that.