There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 07:17 AM by afortich )

I really hate that the young Avoca left Guernsey alone fighting 2, just like Nhenha.
3 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Credits to Amy Palmer:

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 08:14 AM by afortich )

(03-20-2024, 06:51 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Credits to Amy Palmer:

Did he get the mouth injury from the fight?? or he always had it like that??

Hairy tummy Offline

Is there any footage of the actual fight?

Hairy tummy Offline

(03-20-2024, 07:11 AM)afortich Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 06:51 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Credits to Amy Palmer:

Did he get the mouth injury from the fight?? or he always had it like that??
He had his lower lip ripped a while ago,maybe a year or so ago
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Poor Guernsey male. He had a sad end.
RIP
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its sad, but ultimately he was trying to kill cubs so its good that the Mbiris put a stop to that. So I am not too upset about it either.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2024, 06:23 AM)afortich Wrote: I really hate that the young Avoca left Guernsey alone fighting 2
I think it is just assumption that Avoca male ran off as I do not think anyone actually seen beggining of the confrontation. Who knows how it went exactly. Maybe Avoca male is at fair distance from the fight and couldn't participate in this regardless if he wanted or not.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-20-2024, 06:21 PM)Potato Wrote: I think it is just assumption that Avoca male ran off as I do not think anyone actually seen beggining of the confrontation. Who knows how it went exactly. Maybe Avoca male is at fair distance from the fight and couldn't participate in this regardless if he wanted or not.

Guides said that Avoca was present but decided to run away.

How exactly started we dont know, but based of that Avoca male was there with Gurnsey.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-19-2024, 11:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: After Shakas lone adventure in Manyeleti where he got hurt, tables turned, since that Tintswalos moved north into Mbiris eastern domain and takeover Skorro pride, Mbiris pride where they have subs.
No, no any tables have turned. Tintswalos took over the pride Mbiris vacated long time ago. Mbiris took over Skorro pride like 3 years ago. They did their job in terms of their offspring and now they are focused on another pride, their females and cubs. It is like for example someone would say Gijima males ousted Ndzenga males from southern Sabi Sands.... which is obviously not true. 

(03-19-2024, 11:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: If Tintswalos are so afraid, they would not move in Mbiris domain, closer to them, would they?
Why? They are long enough distance from each others. They are just neighbors now. It is like you would say that lone Hercules is staying in his terriotry proves he is not afraid of confrontation with Vuyela males because they are not particularly far from each others. If Vuelas through are not preassuring Hercules then why should he be afraid even through obviously he would not stand a chance if such confrontation happens. It is not like coalitions fight all their neighbors all the time.

(03-19-2024, 11:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: And Mbiris, being fierce duo, would definetly not allow Tintswalos moving to Orpen area, closer to them, but they did.
Even Mbiris are picking their fights. No single coalition is roaming around, fighting other males just for a sake of having fight. If Tintswalos would have some prize, Mbiris would want for themselfs, that would be different story, but history shows that males much prefere to mate with new pride females insteed siring another generation in a pride in which they already sired generation.

(03-19-2024, 11:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also, what happened before is irelevant, Tintswalos where barely 4 yrs old when they clashed with prime RRM, and since that Ncile was out for almost 2 years because of snare, Lambile had disease all this time, it was basically Mandevu alone  from 2021-23, until last year Ncile finally fully recovered.
Even considering this:

event only then : Mbiris walked straight towards core of Tintswalo males territory announcing their arrival all over, spend time with Tintswalos pride and Tintswalos only confronted Mbiri when one of the brothers left the arena and even in 2vs1 they barely injured Mbiri male.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-20-2024, 06:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: but based of that Avoca male was there with Gurnsey.
What is "there" through? Right beside him? 100 meters away? 50 meters away? Maybe Gurnsey was already heavly injured before Avoca could link up with him. Also another scenario could be that in fact both males were runing away from the confrontation, but only Gurnsey was caugh insteed of already assuming that both males were together, then Gurnsey stand up and fought while Avoca male ran off.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-20-2024, 06:40 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-20-2024, 06:21 PM)Potato Wrote: I think it is just assumption that Avoca male ran off as I do not think anyone actually seen beggining of the confrontation. Who knows how it went exactly. Maybe Avoca male is at fair distance from the fight and couldn't participate in this regardless if he wanted or not.

Guides said that Avoca was present but decided to run away.

How exactly started we dont know, but based of that Avoca male was there with Gurnsey.

I think it was said that the day before the Guernsey had been abusing the Avoca over mating rights.  Maybe Avoca said... well.. see how you like it?...  Sorry for the joke at Guernsey's expense.  But we have seen this a bit too much in the last year or so.  These patchwork coalitions and the weaker tends to just fend for themselves when push comes to Shove.  Some of these lions like Avoca and Skorro, and NK, they are just used to survival, and their survival is running.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 11:36 PM by Mapokser )

I saw a guy saying in a private group that a publication claims Shaka isolated Guernsey and immobilized him until Scar arrived and they killed him. If there's any truth to that idk.

@Potato I wouldn't say Tintswalos "barely wounded Shaka", idk if Tintswalos were the culprit, many also say it was Guernsey and Avoca, but regardless, I'd say Shaka was very badly beaten. When we got to see photos of him he was already recovering, but he had punctures on his spine, a huge gash on his side and that belly injury.

It's been 4 months after that fight and we haven't seen Shaka looking as strong as he was before the fight.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Video of the end of the fight when the Mbiris were finishing him off, a bit hard to watch depending on the person:

7 users Like Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-20-2024, 10:35 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Video of the end of the fight when the Mbiris were finishing him off, a bit hard to watch depending on the person:

Yea, thats hard to watch..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post